Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Krean Arcane Arts: Overview (déjà vu?)  (Read 15745 times)
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 18 July 2011, 17:16:12 »

Honestly, I give up. I am tired of the continuous disrespect, negativity and stonewalling. I do my best to treat people with courtesy and goodwill. It is disheartening when these are not extended to me in return.

I am hereby taking an indefinite (and in all likelihood: permanent) break from Santharia. Please remove my personal/membership/team profile from the site. If this is not possible, please at least delete the information on it. You may keep the "Santharian Works" section if you feel that would make life and research easier for developers. But I must kindly ask that any personal (and by this time outdated) information be removed.

Provided that the Santharian Dream and future projects connected with it remain non-profit undertakings, all my existing entries, drafts and proposals may be edited, altered, revised, expanded or removed without my express permission. I do not wish to be contacted through any means regarding anything to do with this project.

Please respect this decision.

I sincerely wish the best for the project and everyone involved in it. May you continue to derive many hours of joy and fulfilment from the time you spend here. I do hope the Dream continues to blossom and retains/returns to its original spirit of fellowship and warmth. I just personally do not have the extra energy or grace to handle the hostility and conflict I increasingly witness on the boards.

May you find peace in every step,
Coren

PS: That said, I have made wonderful friends here since 2003. I would of course love to hear from you, should you wish to keep in touch, touch base from time to time or write to me regarding non-Santharian things. :)

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #31 on: 18 July 2011, 18:05:33 »

Just to make that clear: I've only stated technical problems to integrate the entry in the current form. If these are resolved, no problem with putting it up. There's no personal disrespect whatsoever intended in my statements.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Drasil Razorfang

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 19 July 2011, 04:26:49 »

I think it's kind of late for that Artimidor...
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #33 on: 19 July 2011, 04:43:04 »

Just stating the obvious. It needs to made clear to me that the whole entry has to be substituted - or certain sections which are marked in colour (as is the case with entries posted on the Forum). Based on that I need to make my decision what I can include in the update. Usually after clarification I can make sure that the entry can go up as intended, couldn't do that in time on Sunday. It's nothing personal, I just need to decide how I should handle it.

Neither should anything else be taken personally where I just try to make a clear point, e.g. regarding the 10 commandments of Ximaxian magic, where precision is key. If we want to get that done, I need to get my point across very clearly, otherwise things stay as unclear as before - and that's not the intention of the whole thing. But I expect a bit of a rough hide from veterans, and when something is unclear or not working for this and that reason, I take the liberty to say it.
« Last Edit: 19 July 2011, 04:44:43 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 19 July 2011, 06:15:10 »

I'm sad to see you go, Coren.

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #35 on: 19 July 2011, 06:17:10 »

I think your comment on the ten statements were not the problem, nor an upload at a later time, but, well..

Der Ton macht die Musik.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 19 July 2011, 06:38:48 »

I am sad to see Coren leave. :(

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 64

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 19 July 2011, 15:21:59 »

Even though I've not been involved with any of your work, Coren, I'm truly sorry to see you go, and I wish you the best of good luck in your life after Santharia. If you truly do not return, I hope you bring away many happy memories of this place as well as sad.

"I don't care what you did as a boy."
"Well, I did nothing as a girl, so there goes my childhood." - Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire, The Gay Divorcee, 1934.
The Life and Works of Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Kalta'hnk - My ramblings on anything to do with the Glandorians - The Glandorian Men (Proposal)
Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10 December 2011, 14:52:59 »

I know this is an old topic, and I hope I might be forgiven for bringing it up.

I have done my best to fit this entry into the template provided on the site. Artimidor, please check to make sure I have done this correctly. I hope any errors I have made might be quickly emended. I think the Member Name still needs to be linked.

This is a worthy entry, one that I know Coren worked very long and very hard on--and one I looked at through numerous edits. I hope that it might finally be added to the site, even if its composer should never see it go up.

Please let me know if there's any more I can do to get this entry on the site. Thank you, Artimidor.

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #39 on: 13 December 2011, 04:47:18 »

Can go up as it is, sure, Rayne, and if had known how to do it, I'd already have done it myself. That's why I posed some questions in the thread, which unfortunately have remain unanswered. And that was basically: What to do with the existing entry? Simply replace it? There are parts in the old entry that aren't in the new one (including the picture), so should they just be removed without replacement? Will there be another entry where we'll move that? I was trying to work that out when I asked these questions in order to make it consistent with the site and according to the intentions of Coren.

So: Can you answer how we progress there now, Rayne? Doesn't seem much other choice probably as to replace the entry then and get rid of the pic that way as well, or?

P.S. No problem on how you put it together - I can do the final amendments, don't worry.

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13 December 2011, 12:47:07 »

Ah, it feels like making decisions for the departed. But as I knew Coren from the time he first set foot upon Santharia, and as I worked with him on several projects, I hope I can predict what he would want. And as we were good friends, despite our many tempests, who shared tears and secrets, I hope he will forgive me if if I choose poorly.

I believe Coren wished for the current entry to be replace in its entirety, though as the current entry mentions the temple of Ankriss ("It recounts the day the Temple of Ankriss rose against him, outraged by an endless stream of reforms following one after the other like waves in the ocean"), perhaps the image might be moved here?

While I believe Coren intended the whole entry to be replaced (he seemed to speak with the intention, at least), perhaps the old entry might be kept for safe-keeping? If there is no space, you can send it to me, and I will be its keeper.

Thank you, Artimidor, for your help.  heart I am sure there are things that need to be cleared up. I hope I haven't made more work for you than necessary...

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #41 on: 14 December 2011, 04:05:50 »

Okeydokey, then it shall be done that way, Rayne! Marked for integration! thumbup

If larger entries are replaced I keep a copy of it at any rate to be on the safe side, so I will do that as well here. BTW: You can download entries directly from the site as well by just opening it in an own window and then select File --> Save As... (at least in IE, Firefox and the like).
« Last Edit: 14 December 2011, 04:08:57 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]