Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2869 times)
Wyn Fakir

Gained Aura: 1

It takes more effort to push than to walk away.

View Profile
« on: 10 January 2010, 12:35:42 »

I'm Wyn, and I've been lurking the fourms on/off for about... 3 years? Probably because I was too young to join in (besides, I wouldn't do well against tongue lashings). I found this on a search engine in the beginning, but still know about only the bare surface about Santharia, so I guess I'm not the brightest bulb in the bunch.

My greatest talent...would be writing. Fiction, with a hint of poetry here and there. The bad thing about it is that I don't have enough time to type, so my inspiration escapes me. Which means that I'll be pretty much limited to one-shots and short stories. I also like to contribute in critism, although I'm not very 'good' at it. In fact, feel free to argue with my points- I can be pretty far out there.

Another thing I would like to do (Eventually) would create people and, well, animals. My imagination pretty much goes unbound, and it's also fun to experiment with them here and there, really. Again, however, my inspiration has somewhat of a time limit, so that's a major dent. So, my determination will play a large part on it all.

And I guess...That's about it. Pretty short, compared to others.

"Of course I agree that you're free to say what you like. And you must agree that I'm free to shoot you for it."
Nicholas And Alexandra- Lenin
Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2010, 12:50:36 »

::in a poof!, a little elf appears, bushing the dark, curling tendrils of her hair out of her face and smiling at the newcomer with gentle indigo eyes.::

Welcome to Santharia! Three years is quite a long time, though I'm glad you have decided to Dream with us.

Most people here call me Rayne (Occasionally Rayne the Notorious, Rayne the Rebellious, Rayne the Need-to-be-Quiet-and-Behave...). I work on... well, I do a little of everything in terms of development (Magic, Elves, Ximax, Beasts, Plants, Stories/Poetry, etc.). I may be the one helping you with grammar/style in entries, or whatever else you may need.  heart

In fact, feel free to argue with my points- I can be pretty far out there.
I will argue with your points if they seem strange to me, but you must promise to argue back! I love a good debate.  grin

Another thing I would like to do (Eventually) would create people and, well, animals. My imagination pretty much goes unbound, and it's also fun to experiment with them here and there, really.
Please feel free to experiment! If you ever need any help--with territory or myth or part of a description, let us know. We Santharians are a helpful folk.

Again, however, my inspiration has somewhat of a time limit, so that's a major dent. So, my determination will play a large part on it all.
We will be grateful for any time you can invest.

In any case, welcome again! I hope to see you around.  heart

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2010, 13:17:06 »

Welcome Wyn

I am called Seeker.  I am a wanderer here in Santharia.  Generally searching for unique places, peoples, and things.  There are all kinds of things here in Santharia, not all of them friendly..So be careful where you walk.  You may accidentally come face to face with a lightening drake or something.  Trust me, it is not as enlightening as you might think.  ;)

I see you are a young adventurer with lots of imagination..but with little time.  Well I am sure you are busy with your studies, that is good.  However, when you do find time to visit, don't hesitate to comment on the entries especially the pictures I post.  And if you are interested in developing something just let us know.  Start small so we can see what you have to offer and we will guide you the rest of the way.

Good to have you with us.

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 January 2010, 14:10:09 »

* in a slightly larger than a little poof... with much more smoke... an older, larger man stumbles forward... soot covers his face, his hair is the next step up from tussled and he coughs with each breath as he pats out smouldering spots on his tunic*

Remind me not to try Rayne's magics anymore! *cough*

Welcome, Wyn.  I'm Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin of the Remusians, a tribe from the far north.  I hope you find your stay here pleasant, regardless of time allowed.  If you have any interest in northern affairs, there are a few of us that are more than willing to guide you in any direction you may need.

Did you say something?  *sticks fingers in his ears to try and clear them out*

Well, welcome again. :)

*Stumbles off, muttering to himself about the evils and perils of magic*

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Agran Velion
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 17

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2010, 22:27:53 »

Welcome Wyn!  I'm Agran Velion, and that is all you need to know for the moment.  I'm a newcomer like you, although you obviousely have more knowledge of the Compendium than I do.  If you ever need anything, you can ask me, and I promise I'll ask someone else as soon as I have time! (This relates to the fact you have more knowledge of the Compendium than me)

Hmm...anything else? Lets see, greeting, state that they are have more knowledge of the Compendium than you, offer assitance, and finish up with a lame joke.  Yup thats it, oh but first, have some Loibl Bread!

"Vhodka is wonderful..."-Agran Velion
Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2010, 02:34:38 »

And a warm welcome from me, too!

Here, have some artwine to go with your loibl bread, and a couple of doch nuts for afters. Just be careful in case Valan or Deklitch appear - they might try to nick them.

I look forward to the animals or people or stories you will discover and tell us about. I've got the same problem as you, by the way: the best ideas always arrive at the most inconvenient moments, and especially when I should be thinking about other things, such as work. For that reason, I carry a notebook everywhere, so that I can instantly make a record of every dragon or fairie or elephant that happens to be flying by.

I hope you'll enjoy yourself here!

Shabakuk

« Last Edit: 11 January 2010, 03:03:21 by Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang » Logged

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
Eldor Delrossa
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 21

Researcher of Brownies and Magic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 January 2010, 12:31:04 »

*An old, fragile man emerges from the ground, cranky and irritated*

Hello, and welcome! Everyone else has pretty much said it all. I don't know how old you are, but I'm only thirteen and I've been contributing for a few months now. Don't be shy, everyone here is very accepting!

"The trials and tribulations of Brownies over the centuries have made them wary of humans. I am humbled to be called 'Brownie Friend'."- Eldor Delrossa
Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2010, 07:55:02 »

Welcome, Wyn!

We have no age requirements here (besides being able to read and write, really).  I think our youngest developer was 12 when he first began.  Look around, see what you like, and dive on in!  We'll all be happy to help, answer questions, make suggestions, etc.  Have fun!

Alysse the Likely
Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2010, 07:58:33 »

In general a developer age of at least 16 is suggested

There's a suggestion of age 16, but as Alysse said, no requirement. Besides, some of us like to bend the rules here anyway.  rolleyes

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]