Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2703 times)
Shadowwriter

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 22 May 2010, 10:22:37 »

I was told to introduce myself so here I am! I heard about this site from an acquaintance from another site and decided to give a try and see how it worked. I am an amateur writer, meaning poet, songwriter, story weaver, and all that without getting money or fame.

I am the Weaver of Words, and the Dreamer of Tales...
Petros Greenvale
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2010, 10:28:04 »

*Passes shadow writer some delectable Doch nuts and Prezzers.*

Welcome to the Dream and lovely to make your acquaintance! :D

___________"In the pursuit of happiness,___________
 the difficulty lies in knowing when you have caught up."

Petros Greenvale
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2010, 02:10:05 »

I see you have already shown interest in the area of weaponry.  Very good.  Very good indeed. 

Let me introduce myself, I am Seeker-- a fire mage and artist.  You see, being a mage is quite expensive, with all the spell powders and artifacts.  So I make my living by painting and moderating the miscellaneous forum with Valan.  And I spend the rest of my time travelling around Santharia searching.  Do not worry your little head about what it is I am seeking....just know this....I will find it.

Now a bit of advice or warning.  Many newbies have come into our midst ill prepared for the journey before them.  Put on your armour or cast a defensive spell if you must....and dive in.  Read up on anything and everything and be prepared for critique.  And most of all find what you love here and do it. 

Welcome to the dream Shadowwriter.

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2010, 10:52:26 »

Greetings, Shadowwriter!

You will find little fortune here as well, as most of us who research for the Compendium must earn our own bread in other ways.  I myself am a bard, paid for my singing, my art and my time in travelling about the Kingdom of Santharia, but travel monies do not come from the Compendium!  However, the advantage of researching here is that there is always a warm bed and a hot meal at the Great Hall when you show up tired after weeks of wandering.   

As for fame and honour, those may indeed be won, though like all treasures they require much time and striving to acquire.  Let me counsel patience, dedication, and good humour as a means to that end, and remind you that perspiration is at least as valuable as inspiration when writing for the Compendium.

Please, have some of those delectable Timbers, with the cheese dip, or some Jhelhee if you prefer spicy flavours!   Welcome again....

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 64

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2010, 15:55:01 »

Hello, Shadowwriter, and welcome to a Dream come true (blimey, that's a corny line!). Anyway, I'm pretty new myself so just jump in and get on. As Seeker said, read what's in the Compendium and try to make your entries fit it well - then you don't get humiliating critique along the lines of "That doesn't fit...Nor does that..nor does that...nor does that..."&c And that reminds me - I hope you weren't talking about anyone in particular Seeker?

Sorry - I'm mildly paranoid (although it's not everyone who's out to get you, mostly the animals and the plants - trust me, stay away from the inner greenhouses and if you value your sanity, keep out of the demonology department)

And have some choc-chip cookies.

May all your Dreams come true (Dammit! I promised myself no more cheesy catchphrases!)

Athviaro

The Welcomed becomes the Welcomer

"I don't care what you did as a boy."
"Well, I did nothing as a girl, so there goes my childhood." - Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire, The Gay Divorcee, 1934.
The Life and Works of Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Kalta'hnk - My ramblings on anything to do with the Glandorians - The Glandorian Men (Proposal)
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2010, 18:51:12 »

Oi! What are these 'choc-chip' cookies of which you speak?   They sound like something trolls would eat, hmph, made of chalk and chips?    No, try these freshly-backed Kao-Kao and Doch Nut cookies.... fabulously delicious and authentically Santharian.... 

http://www.santharia.com/herbarium/doch_nut.htm

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

seth ghibta
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 138

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2010, 20:19:37 »

*a dust-and-slime-caked figure wanders in, with something wriggly and unpleasant clamped under one arm.*
Welcome Shadowwriter, sir!
nice to see you've found your way over here, and i hope you enjoy it. can't wait to see what you come up with.
now, i should go before the Dreamlice escape again.
*notices the trail of footprints she's left on the floor.*
...um, and if you see the cleaners, i wasn't here. grin

violence is not the answer, but you get marks if you show your working.

Santharia needs your molluscs! donate molluscs now!
Petros Greenvale
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 6

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2010, 20:49:07 »

*A bearded Petros enters from the shadows wearing grubby blue over-alls, accompanied by a wheely-bucket and mop. Grumbling and mumbling, he pours some sawdust on the slime and mops up Seth's footprints before plodding off into the shadows, one large grudge heavier...*

___________"In the pursuit of happiness,___________
 the difficulty lies in knowing when you have caught up."

Petros Greenvale
Agran Velion
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 17

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2010, 22:11:05 »

*A man enters, wearing a long black cloak and a mask for a dance.* "Oh, thats the last time I attend one of those, those mo...oh hello! I'm Agran Velion..." *He rips off the mask* "I'm an apprentice, and responsible for whatever I want, although that seems to rest in misc. so I see Seeker a good bit, but I know less about him now than I did when I first met him.

"Vhodka is wonderful..."-Agran Velion
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]