Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Hi  (Read 4486 times)
ferall

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
Hi
« on: 17 September 2010, 07:14:17 »

A quick hello from a noob.

I was invited to have a look by bard Judith ... fascinating.

I am a british fantasy and sf artist so I may be able to contribute in some way.
 :)
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2010, 07:30:51 »

Hi Ferall

Wonderful. Wonderful, Wonderful to have a new artist around.  There are certainly plenty for artists to contribute here. 

May we see an example of your work?

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Agran Velion
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 17

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2010, 07:33:36 »

Welcome to the dream, Ferall! I see that you have met Seeker, the local Master-artist?

Why! I just discovered Seeker's last name!

Seeker Master-Artist

They did that in the middle ages right? Took their proffession and made it their last name.

Err...back on topic. We always need another artist, so many entries, so few pictures. I'm sure you'll settle in, in no time!

"Vhodka is wonderful..."-Agran Velion
ferall

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2010, 09:35:04 »

totaly noob question - where would you like me to post?

or have a peek at a few bits I have on photobucket :

http://s581.photobucket.com/home/haydenotton

:D
Seeker
Santh. Member

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 September 2010, 10:25:30 »

The link to photobucket works great Ferall.

I am very impressed with your castle drawings as well as many of the watercolors.  Nice textures and colorful scenes, very beautiful.   I am glad Judith sent you our way.

I encourage you to check out some of the threads in the artist forum to get an idea how things work for the artists.  Most of us work with digital media which allows us to post for comments and then easily make changes.  However if you work with "real" paint exclusively we can work with that too.  Tikanni is a great example of one of our artists that works in watercolors.  So far she has mainly illustrated entries she has written herself, but that is not required.

Take a look around the site and if you see an entry you would like to illustrate let us know and we can give you some pointers before you begin.  Also if you have any pictures already done that you think could work for an entry here or there let us know and we can see if it is a "fit". 

Great to have you here!

Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 64

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 September 2010, 15:39:36 »

Welcome Ferall

I can't pretend to be an artist, but I can say that whatever you have to contribute this site will gladly take it - artist, author, musician, they're all here.

Like I said, I can't welcome you with tips or pointers, but I can say whatever you do, do it wiith gusto and enjoy it.

Welcome from me.

Have a great time in the Dream.

Athviaro

"I don't care what you did as a boy."
"Well, I did nothing as a girl, so there goes my childhood." - Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire, The Gay Divorcee, 1934.
The Life and Works of Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Kalta'hnk - My ramblings on anything to do with the Glandorians - The Glandorian Men (Proposal)
seth ghibta
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 138

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 September 2010, 20:02:22 »

*gasps*
having spent most of the summer trying to improve how i draw places, i am agog at your skill in drawing amazing landscapes. welcome to Santharia, and i really hope you find lots of things here to inspire you. :)

violence is not the answer, but you get marks if you show your working.

Santharia needs your molluscs! donate molluscs now!
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 17 September 2010, 20:19:00 »

Some really cool stuff you've got there, Ferall! So hello and welcome from me as well! wave I'm busy this weekend with site update, but after that I can have a closer look and we can try to figure out where we might be able to put what pic from the one's you have in your gallery. :)

Great to have you around, Ferall!

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 17 September 2010, 20:37:19 »

Hayden!  I mean Ferall - a hearty welcome to you, and so glad you were able to discover our Compendium so swiftly.  :)  I love Holly for posting that SB link; you will find even more folk ready to appreciate your talent here in Santharia.

Does that not look like genuine Udzera Blue on the roofs of that Original Castletown picture? 

Perhaps we can talk you into using that as an illustration for the Varcopas entry.... http://www.santharia.com/places/varcopas.htm ... which specifies white buildings with blue roofs!

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

ferall

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 September 2010, 20:50:49 »

thanks for the welcomes

2 immediate thoughts

-a lot of my large full colour work is done using traditional media but I often digitise and tweak or modify. However, I have done  lot of digital pieces -generally from sketches or b/w images . . . easy to change or modify on request  :) 

-looking at page for Port Varcopas, suggested by Bard Judith -ideas flowing already
Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 September 2010, 02:35:39 »

Hi Ferall,

and welcome from me, too! Those are fantastic pictures. I like the gorge and the mausoleums in particular.

If you wanted to use a Santharian Place entry to get inspired to produce new works - I wonder whether The Magical Academy of Ximax and/or The City of Ximax would suit your style? The Academy has a number of interesting towers ...

Just an idea.

Shabakuk

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
ferall

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 September 2010, 06:01:36 »

thanks. I shall look at those also  :)
Seeker
Santh. Member

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 September 2010, 06:40:27 »

My suggestion Ferall is to pick something rather simple (for example not a whole city scape)  for your first drawing.  The reason to start off slow is so you can get used to the types of comments/ reactions you will get.    

Good luck!  :D

ferall

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 September 2010, 07:23:24 »

Duly noted -although scathing comments to outraged critciism are nothing new -had a few awkward clients in the past when I worked as a designer   grin
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 20 September 2010, 19:57:45 »

Hallo Ferall!

I nearly missed you! But who would think, that an artist lurks behind a simple "Hi" in the heading!

I love your castles high in the air also very much! And Judy is right, the one she posted shows partly a true Uderza blue on the roofs! Though the airiness of the picture doesn't meet the description of the town... or the town doesn't meet the picture... (are my descriptions this bad? ;) ). And I think it is still a bit too much on the drawing side to fit entirely into the compendium style.

I'm looking forward to see more from you, especially something created for the Dream? :D

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]