Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Sarvonian Dawn  (Read 5317 times)
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

The Remusian

View Profile
« on: 06 June 2011, 13:41:27 »

For this is what happened then, more than one thousand and three hundred and fifty years after the Cournanian Calendar (203 b. S.). At dawn of the third day of the month of Awakening Earth, thus say the chronicles, a mob of black furred Orcs had reached the Calmarios. The forest had of old been home to the seclusively residing elven tribe of the Cyrathrhim, who had stayed altogether neutral in the first Great War. In any case, it was their inexperience with all war-like matters that left the elves without protection against their foes. And so it happened that the disaster started.

292 b.S.   The Flight from Carmalad
Six years after the first massive invasion of the orcs at the regions of Nermeran and Vardýnn the united armies of the humans, elves, dwarves and halflings were forced by constant orcish approaches to recede with their troops to Carmalad. Although the joined army fought bravely reinforcements could not arrive in time and Carmalad had to be abandoned. As the defenders saw no hope to save their lives at the Sarvonian continent the people of the four races left together on all ships available to escape the unceaseable wrath of the orcs. However, many died before they could reach the ships meant to rescue them.

298 b.S.   The Sarvonian Dawn (The Approach of the Darkfriends)
Eighty years before the - from the darkfriends - long awaited Mélor'Terquán (the Night of the Turning Shadow) thousands of barbarians, orcs, ogers and trolls invaded the regions of Nermeran and Vardýnn from the northlands in order to smooth the way for their new coming chieftain, the Dark Lord.

In fact the first assault was only a tempting and minor as well as an unorganized one, where the darkfriends attempted to measure their power with the southern forces. So the first wave was repelled rather easily by the Erpheronians and the northernmost elves of the Calmarion forest, but the revenge of the darkfriends was devastating and should last many more years.

Just need clarification here.  I think the date in the actual Sarvonian Dawn entry (203 bS) is incorrect (the top quote), and should be 298 bS, as it is stated in other entries on the subject.  Art, as Sarvonian Dawn is your entry, can you confirm this?

Then, in the Tandala entry:
•   288 b.S.    The Great Sarvonian Victory against the Orcs
At the end of the Third Sarvonian War the orcish hordes are on the retreat. It should later be said more orcs were killed in disputes among clans than in skirmishes with other races. However, under great losses the Ashz-Oc and Losh-Oc clans return to their homelands, not without crushing any resistance they encounter on their way including dark elves and other orcs that do not run fast enough. Soon after this campaign these tribes re-establish the rule over their land without much obvious change.

On the other side orcs from tribes far away coming from destroyed lands have only the choice to stay and fight the allied forces or find a new home. Those refugees flee into the tunnels they used to overrun the north of the Tharanian kingdom, before these were discovered by allied troops and closed. While many of those perish some also find places to survive and take the deserted dungeons of the Tandalas as their new home.

Sometimes, in reading these disparate entries, the SW III lasted from 298-203 bS, but sometimes I think people were counting up the years instead of down the years, being bS and all.
« Last Edit: 06 June 2011, 14:15:55 by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2011, 02:46:36 »

Whaaaat?

Your question is not addressed to me, but still confusing. Are you asking what dates SW3 took place?

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 07 June 2011, 03:19:54 »

The date in the Sarvonian Dawn entry is definitely incorrect, it should be 298 b.S. - even on top of that page it is clearly stated that the war lasted from 298-203 b.S. As the invasion took place at the beginning of the war, it was definitely the other date. The entry was now fixed on the site.

However, the 288 b.S. date (The Great Sarvonian Victory against the Orcs) is clearly wrong, and obviously contributes to some confusion and seems to have led to other incorrect dates (see Azhira's entries, which are somewhat based on that). Mélor'Terquán is 218 b.S., which is very much in line. There are definitely some revision necessary!

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 June 2011, 03:26:48 »

You mean I have to go back and revise all my entries? crazy

*twitches*

So what should the dates be?

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2011, 03:43:33 »

The origin of the 288 b.S. date is obviously that there was a big battle for Carmalad this year (The Defeat of Hourelin). For some reason that was interpreted as "The Great Sarvonian Victory against the Orcs", so that date should be changed to 203 b.S. As the event is in our history database, it requires only a simple change here and then I can re-upload various history pages and some tribe entries etc., and it's changed everywhere.

The question is: What was directly derived from that in certain entries, which now would need to be adjusted? We have a complete Caelerethian History table in the History section where all events are mentioned. The events around these dates should be checked a bit. For now I'll see to change the 288 b.S. date to 203 and get it on the site.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2011, 14:37:33 »

Thank you for the clarification, Art.  What you say was what I was thinking, but there was just so much contradictory facts that I was beginning to worry.  I knew the dates were 298 - 203 bS, but some entries stated near the end of the war but gave dates close to the beginning, while others stated early in the war but were dated near the end. shocked

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2011, 23:16:57 »

Once the dates are fixed, I'll go through my entries and revise. My Kaaer related entries will be affected, which means the history tables (and those need revised anyway since the tribe entry was re-done).  :P

Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 71

Researcher of all Things Brownie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 June 2011, 06:51:43 »

So the final battle against the Dark Hoard was 203 b.S.?  Was this victory fought for in Carmalad?  Just double-checking the facts as I think I might have to do some rejigging of the Llaoihrr history - they're supposed to have fought in the last battle and I've got that down in Carmalad in 288 b.S.  But the Brownie history needs a bit of a rehaul anyway.

Diminutive and crunchable
Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 08 June 2011, 14:35:59 »

Carmalad was 288 b.S., but not the final battle. The location of the final battle actually has not been specified as of yet.

Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 71

Researcher of all Things Brownie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 June 2011, 15:56:06 »

Ahh, ok.  I'll look for some more info on the Carmalad Battle then and make sure that one all fits in.

Cheers

Diminutive and crunchable
Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 June 2011, 17:04:05 »

Carmalad was 288 b.S., but not the final battle. The location of the final battle actually has not been specified as of yet.

Yet... muahahahahaha

I've always found SW III interesting, and now that I'm researching it again in order to flesh out Caeltakker, I might do some entries on it and flesh it out more; get some cohesion for it.

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 June 2011, 00:12:47 »

All I need to know is the Third Sarvonian War was 298 - 203 b.S., correct?

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 09 June 2011, 02:05:03 »

Yep, that's right!

Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 June 2011, 07:42:07 »

Another anomoly.  From the Time Table of the Daran Gnomes

549 b.S.  The Daran Revelations
During SW III a group of Daran Gnomes is becoming restless. In the wake of war, a group of gnomes is beginning to stir, unsatisfied by their treatment among humans, who seem to only use them for their scientific weaponry including simply explosives. This group lives with the Helcrani and in 549 b.S., when a war breaks out with the Sanhorrhim elves, more and more resentment grows among gnomes.

This is way outside the timeline of SW III.  Perhaps SW II?

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 12 June 2011, 18:03:26 »

I guess this is a simple case of a typo. It definitely means "SW II" instead of "SW III". SW II starts 550 b.S., so the date very much fits to that. Will fix it that way.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]