Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Slow and Painful Killing Methods  (Read 2641 times)
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« on: 03 February 2012, 09:02:00 »

Do we have any of these in Santharia, apart from having Sordoc recite his poetry at you? If so, please let me know what they are ... I'll imagine using one against someone ... by imagining it, I can't get into trouble for actually doing it, can I?

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
seth ghibta
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 138

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2012, 22:45:44 »

Oh, lots. several poisons spring to mind, such as these,, as well others derived from animals, like the contrariwise salamnder. then there are diseases, parasites, and not to mention all the horrible things Santharian people have devised to do to eachother. keelhauled on a ship crusted with nackles? or tied to a tree to be stung to death by emerging vubuaz?
It's a wonder anyone survives long enough to record any of it. :P

violence is not the answer, but you get marks if you show your working.

Santharia needs your molluscs! donate molluscs now!
Seeker

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 February 2012, 06:51:03 »

OK so there are a few mentions of torture here and there but no description of the types of torture methods used.  When I visited London it was fascinating if not sad to learn of the some of the methods used in the castles there.  I think we could use some reality here in Santharia. For example what do the Santharians do with their prisoners and bad guys?  We need an entry for a cool Bastille type prison.  As part of something like that we could discuss the horrors within, and the methods of torture and slow and painful killing.  Just a thought from an artist who has no intention of writing this himself. :)

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Valan Nonesuch

Gained Aura: 113

Like a pudding bag full of knives

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 February 2012, 07:53:16 »

Just bear in mind, in some cases those "torture methods" didn't actually exist. They were fabrications. Like, for instance, iron maidens.

I think there's been a notable series of proto-discussions about things like crime, punishment and of course torture, but they usually get derailed by the fact that some of the suggestions are honestly more than people are willing to stomach.

But if you're talking about execution, let's stick with the simple shall we? The point of an execution is usually to make an example. We've got drawing and quartering, drowning could be slow and painful. Throwing someone off of a high place could work, painful but not slow. Strapping someone to the outside of a wheel and rolling them down a hill (lethal, as seen on mythbusters), keelhauling, as Seth mentioned. Starvation would be quite painful as well, but not exactly public. My personal favourite has always been the "tie each limb to a different horse and let them run" method.

All of these are fairly mundane, though the giant wheel would require a little planning. I suggest keeping them less exotic. The point tends to be to kill the person, and we're quite fragile in many regards.

Beyond the horizon where the earth and the heavens meet
lies a certain point where they are not joined together and where, by stooping,
one might pass under the roof of the heavens.
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 February 2012, 08:34:45 »

The thing is ... I want the person/s in question (no one here, I hasten to add) to be in absolute agony every day for 49 weeks ... each day they are almost killed ... on the brink of being killed, and then the release for them that would be their death is whisked away from them ... they are then restored to full health, for the same thing to happen to them the following day ... all of this daily for 49 weeks. I want to hear their screams of agony, their begging to be allowed to die ... their pleading for mercy as the pain is increased ... and then stopping it right on the brink of killing them, and allowing the healers to come in and restore them to full health again, so that the equisiteness of their pain can be enjoyed by me the next day ... 7 days a week, 49 weeks ... 329 or so days in total.

« Last Edit: 04 February 2012, 08:36:20 by Deklitch Hardin » Logged

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 04 February 2012, 09:08:13 »

This or something similar has been discussed before.

here

Please look especially at this response from Art

Re: Torture and Punishment
« Reply #19 on: 12 February 2007, 07:08:57 »

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Valan Nonesuch

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 February 2012, 10:16:35 »

This is what Talia was trying to link to.
And Dek, I think you're going a little overboard here. What you're describing would be gratuitous to write about, the written equivalent of one of the Saw films or the like. Gore for the sake of gore.

There is a way to tastefully step around the matter and simply leave it up to the reader to picture what has happened, or not.

Suffice it to say, torture engines or methods will not be approved in the misc. forum by me.

Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 February 2012, 11:37:21 »

Actually I'm not Valan ... what I wanted to do two, three or four days ago to these people would have been going overboard. This is quite mild by comparison. I never said anywhere that I wanted to develop these for Santharia ... I simply asked if there was anything along those lines here.

What I said was ...

I'll imagine using one against someone ... by imagining it, I can't get into trouble for actually doing it, can I?

and in my next post I specified ...
The thing is ... I want the person/s in question (no one here, I hasten to add) to be in absolute agony every day for 49 weeks

Nowhere did I say I was going to try to develop it for Santharia.

Oh and what I've described, and even originally thought of, was mild compared to what others have suggested doing to the person/s in question.

Valan Nonesuch

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 February 2012, 14:06:38 »

Then perhaps the Misc. Forum wasn't the place to post this question Dek?

Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 February 2012, 15:09:05 »

Indeed Valan ... however, jumping to conclusions about a simple question is a bit much as well.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]