Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tear of Blood Necklace pic  (Read 2489 times)
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« on: 11 January 2013, 13:57:40 »

And then it occurred to me. If I were to possess the tear of blood necklace I perhaps could find whom I seek.  But would the artifact work with such old blood?  would the artifact work if she were in fact well...gone.  It is worth a try.  

But were do I begin the search?

Comments welcome
« Last Edit: 19 January 2013, 22:24:11 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2013, 18:25:25 »

Looks great Seeker! :D

The background is a bit uniform, but I don't have an idea in which way to change it. Maybe cloudy-mysteriously?

When I look longer on the big version of the pic, I get confused, I don't know how to look at it. It seems not to have a surface which is more or less round and convex, but at some points bulging in? (Oh, again I can't find the correct words). But then the way the highlights and shadows are arranged is confusing - but maybe this is what the mystery of the amulet is about.

To the entry itself - I would suggest a small correction...

The Tear of Blood necklace is an artifact that is nearly unknown in the world of Caelereth.

Well, now, with an article in the compendium to read for everybody who has access to the library is not 'nearly unknown' anymore..

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2013, 23:30:34 »

I think it's a great picture, actually I don't see any problem with it! thumbup And aura +1! Don't know to what part of the picture you're referring but I would say that the lighting looks quite natural if you consider e.g. the bottom left part as some sort of a pyramid-like structure. Seeker probably used some reference, if so, the lighting probably was the same way there.

As for the background: We have Santhworld standard backgrounds, which we use e.g. at Alt's burning sword, so we could simply use that.

Anyway, it looks like we get enough material together for an update next week, that's good :) After that I guess it's time to try to get in touch with some deviantART artists and see if we can convince the one or the other to join the Santharian cause in a way :)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2013, 01:22:31 »

Very impressive, Seeker! Aura from me!

Talia, I think the picture is not meant to be looked at in as strong a magnification as the one you get when you click on the thumbnail. The small version looks fine to me! I quite like the black background, actually - evokes a dreamlike state of mind.

Another good thing about Seeker's pictures is that they often illustrate entries I had never read before. Quite a nice idea there from Vesk!

Well, now, with an article in the compendium to read for everybody who has access to the library is not 'nearly unknown' anymore..
Aren't most Santharians illiterate?
« Last Edit: 12 January 2013, 01:24:47 by Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang » Logged

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2013, 03:28:37 »

Aren't most Santharians illiterate?

Who has written the thousands of books which are there and who reads them? Are we 'nearly nobody'? ;) Well,  I think the nobility , especially in New Santhala is able to read (if they do visit the library is another thing) and as Tiandor puts some effort in alphabetization this should change.

No, generally - as soon as the article is written, the 'nearly unknown' is gone. Vesks writes, that those who knew about it defended the secret with their life (or something like this) and with the act of writing that secret is no secret anymore. A change from is to was in the first sentence should cure the problem.

It is not important though, doesn't really matter. :)

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 January 2013, 00:09:57 »

I think those are good arguments, Talia. But I agree: it's not all that important, as I'd say that this is a case of 'debatable formulation' rather than a case of 'mistake that needs to be corrected'. If Vesk sees this, he may decide whether he wants to make a change.

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 15 January 2013, 03:07:16 »

Seeker, can we make sure that we get a background for this one? As I said, we could just use a generic one we have for Santhworld items. So you could either send me the pic in the PSD and I'll take care of it, or you can save it already with a background and put it up here. I plan to do a site update next weekend, so if we could get it done until then, that would be splendid :D

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Seeker
Santh. Member

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 January 2013, 10:53:53 »

How is this?

Thanks all for the great comments.   thumbup
« Last Edit: 16 January 2013, 10:55:45 by Seeker » Logged

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 16 January 2013, 17:01:59 »

It looks now like a proper background, but it is less mysterios, maybe the brown does not fit?  Or the background is too evenly structured. Hmm....

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 17 January 2013, 03:51:09 »

I think it still looks pretty cool with the new background. Maybe it's a bit too light coloured, though? A bit darker perhaps could do the trick, but I definitely like the shadow the necklace throws! :D

Seeker
Santh. Member

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 January 2013, 14:12:48 »

Well here is a bit darker version.  Hopefully it looks better.  I wasn't sure what to do for Talia comment.  Maybe making it darker as Art suggested helps.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]