Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rivermaid Pic  (Read 3423 times)
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« on: 26 January 2013, 13:14:09 »

What a wonderful surprise.  These woods have so much to offer.  First butterflies and mushrooms and now .....Rivermaids!

Comments welcome
« Last Edit: 09 February 2013, 22:41:59 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2013, 17:02:44 »

That is a lovely picture, Seeker, I love especially the grin on the face!

But that's a young rivermaid, not a watersprog. I miss the waterfall and though I wrote, that are to find in the ponds at the base of the waterfall, this pond looks much to quiet. The hair of the sprocs is of a silvery white also, not black. She sits a bit too settled also, not on the move.. The sprogs in the background are showing their quickness and agility, though the hair of the upperone does not fit well, it should be more silvery (hard to see then), longer and straighter, the hair is wet! These could be sprogs only though, no rivermaids.

But as I said, I'd love to have her for the rivermaid entry, she is really sweet!

And thanks for doing again a picture for one of my entries :)
« Last Edit: 26 January 2013, 17:07:49 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Seeker
Santh. Member

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2013, 23:11:33 »

Well that has never happened to me before.  I never mis-categorize the creatures I find in the wild.  But you are the experts writing about these creatures and I am just wandering around Santharia taking pictures of them.  If you say this is is a Rivermaid then indeed it is a Rivermaid.

I read the Rivermaid entry and agree with you Talia that she better fits there.  I will rename the thread and my next version will have changes to better fit that entry.   thumbup

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2013, 23:27:57 »

Oh Seeker, you don't need to change anything, she is fine as she is and the watersprog in the background is ok also. IF you want to do something, add another rivermaid which sits on that log (?)to her left, where the water starts to fall down, just use the one you have and alter her slightly. :)

Hey, put one of those lilies of the foreground in her hair!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Seeker
Santh. Member

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 January 2013, 00:05:40 »

Aura + for Talia for her help and for all her wonderful activity these days.  She is livening up the forum in a time when we really need it.

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2013, 00:34:27 »

*blushes*

I hope it will stay this way for some time, but I can neglect my homework only for a certain amount of time. When my husband comes and asks me: is there another ironed shirt for me to wear tomorrow, I know, I need to have a break from writing. But on the other hand, while ironing the best ideas are coming, because it is so boring...

Oh, I forgot to release that poor little mouse we caught (we have only life traps), I need to hurry. 
I'm not sure, if not the mice just come back and I catch the same several times.. it nearly doesn't show any fear anymore...

Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 January 2013, 00:45:43 »

I'm not sure, if not the mice just come back and I catch the same several times.. it nearly doesn't show any fear anymore...
I believe it's likely that the mouse adolescents have decided that it's a rite of passage to eat the cheese in the trap and let oneself be caught by that kindly lady who releases one close enough to one's home that it's not tough to hop back and tell tall tales of bravery to one's friends.

Seeker, what stops the water rushing more speedily from the higher level to the low pool in which the rivermaid sits? Is this a beaver dam? It somehow looks like too solid a wall for me to be made by animals or the result of accidental tree fall. Am I missing something?

I like the composition, though - the fallen trees in the background, the jumping sprogs, the butterflies ... and the rivermaid is lovely. How mischievously she knows to curl the ends of her fishtail!

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 29 January 2013, 04:45:35 »

Also would like to add an aura +1 here... And you just drew what you saw as she was there, rivermaid or watersprog - it's a gorgeous example of its kind! And I concur with the Shabakuk that the composition is lovely as well, the watersprogs in the background complete the picture perfectly! thumbup  grin

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 05 February 2013, 04:42:42 »

Ok... So, is this going to be added as is to the Rivermaid entry then? If so, I'll see to prepare it this way for the next update, which should be quite heavy on pictures :)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Seeker
Santh. Member

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 February 2013, 12:58:13 »

Here is an update to take care of a couple of comments.  This is how I would like to keep it I think.  Lets use it in the Rivermaid entry as suggested by Talia.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 06 February 2013, 04:41:03 »

Works for me, Seeker! :D This veeeery large tree/dam is still a bit unusual, because it's so horizontal and hardly recognizable as a tree, so it needs a while to get used to it. Could mayhaps need some more irregularities, but these are just details.

Will be added to the Rivermaids entry then, and a crop of the upper part could also me used in the Watersprogs entry I'd say. That way we'll have both entries illustrated :)  thumbup

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 06 February 2013, 05:11:51 »

Thanks for an illustration, Seeker! :)

Well, it doesn't look like a watersprog, Art, no silvery hair, no silvery tail either, but maybe it is how an artist has imagined one, who has never seen one of the little ones ;)

Seeker
Santh. Member

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 February 2013, 09:24:47 »

Well I didn't intend the dam thing to be a tree.  I saw it more a slate type rock. I can change the color of it if that is the problem.

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 06 February 2013, 22:25:54 »

Seeker, it doesn't matter what the observer sees in it, it is like the interpretation of a piece of literature - everybody finds something else. I think the brown colour is nice and fits in the picture as it is. A grey might disturbe the balance. It could be wood, humans may well have build a barrier there, to pond the river there and direct it whereever they needed it. Room for interpretation is nothing evil ;)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]