Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New external Santharian artist 6: Jordy  (Read 2713 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 27 February 2013, 04:33:16 »

And I'd like to present another external Santharian artists joining the party: Jordy Lakiere from Belgium also is with us in this regard, however with some restrictions.

As Jordy focuses on a professional career, most of his DeviantArt works are therefore unavailable, so sorry about those. He has a couple of other pics which are sometimes also of more sketchy nature than completely finished works, but it all depends on how you look at it. Such pictures don't need to be shown in full size, and thus can still be quite effective, even though they could be endowed with more details. But judge yourself...

The available pictures are listed below:
- Sticksalesman God
- Grassland landscape study
- Mithlond 1 or version 2
- DwarfvOgre
- MTG forest land practice
- Snowy Landscape 2
- Jungle Bird Creature design
- Forest fire warmup
- Rainforest creature thingie
- Steppe doodle
- Morning Glory
- Forest settlement
- Paracervilophus Walkeri
- Shamanshan jungle
- Tree environment study
- Star fish environment study
- Battle at Monghadi
- Fantasy Portrait
- The Discovery of Atlantis

Have fun with the pics! Suggestions where to use what are welcome :)
« Last Edit: 18 May 2013, 17:40:02 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2013, 05:18:26 »

Every day another one, Art?

I've got Morning Glory already in my favourites, but have no idea, where it could fit.
Do you think he would change/remove small things, like the stonefigure in the Sticksalesman god. This way the picture could be integrated much easier.

There is no entry about the troll wars around 500a.S., they are only mentioned in the history, or did I miss something? Then the DwarfvOgre would fit for that war.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 27 February 2013, 05:26:22 »

No Troll Wars entry available yet, no.

As for adjusting pictures or using parts of them: Well, I can always ask the creators and if they are fine with it. Most of them are very friendly guys :) But I wouldn't suggest to alter pictures dramatically. When the artists send me details for the team pages they also usually answer the question whether the pictures can be cropped or be part of animations to be used e.g. in Santhworld, and basically I have agreements for that (only exception is Morjer, who prefers to have his pictures shown in their entirety and unchanged).

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 February 2013, 09:00:07 »

You may/may not recall that I wrote a kids poem a couple of years ago based on the "Triantiwontigongolope" kid's poem. (Try searching on that name).

I was thinking I would be prepared to change that poem at some point to better match up with the image found in 'Rainforest Creature Thingie', if that would be possible/suitable.

EDIT: What a shame Eight Winds Bay already has pictures! Because I think that 'Stormy Sea' would fit that entry nicely. However I'm sure there'd be other bodies of water around the place that is also stormy
« Last Edit: 27 February 2013, 09:04:21 by Deklitch Hardin » Logged

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 27 February 2013, 14:47:36 »

Stormy Seas could go into the Stormcloaks entry, they have two pictures, but no ship!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 28 February 2013, 04:12:31 »

@Talia: Stormy Sea for the Stormcloaks sounds like the perfect fit, yup =)

@Dek: Feel free to adjust your poem to make it fit to the Rainforest Creature Thingie, no problem!

East Kingdom Collosus as I said would fit perfectly to depict Brooding Jepp from the Ciosa entry... It's all right there already on the site in the Ciosa entry, right down to the broken nose:

Brooding Jepp
Already millenia ago Wise Jepp watched over the first meager settlements and later the town in its bloom, day in day out, calm and patient, and he will still remain a lonesome guardian when the Ciosan celebrities of today are all gone. What people since ages call "Jepp", is a huge stone formation on the east side of the Hawkeye Quarry, resembling - with a tiny bit of imagination - a man's face, broken nose included. It can be easily seen from the port area of Ciosa. The locals have given his expression attributes ranging from "mild", "cunning", "dreamy" to "brooding" and "wise", and for many Jepp has become a good friend or father-figure, who always knew, knows and will know, but keeps the eternal secrets all for himself. A bunch of stories goes around in the city dealing with this mysterious face, speaking of an enchanted giant or a mountain who once started to speak to prevent a desperate man from ending his life by throwing himself from the high cliffs - however there is no "official" version, and everyone has his or her own image of the face in the rock.

Jepp at any rate is omnipresent and he doesn't seem to be willing to tell anyone why his steaning face hasn't moved for millenia. "Only the Twelve know!" is a common proverb most Santharians would say to something where they can give no answer, but Ciosans only nod to themselves reassuringly, whispering "Only Jepp...", meaning practically the same. Don't tell a Ciosan by the way that Jepp probably doesn't have a mind nor personality and that it's just a rock which looks a bit different than others - everyone will tell you then that you obviously don't know Ciosa's eldest inhabitant well enough. The statement "Jepp knows" - believe it or not - is also often used as an intimidation at court to make suspects rethink their testimonies, as the stone face is supposed to have seen everything going on in the town. And looking at this emotionless but knowing face a whole life long is said to have more than once caused local delinquents to confess in order to get rid of their remorses, or to leave Ciosa forever. - Just coincidences or Jepp's doing? "Only Jepp..." a Ciosan would say

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 28 February 2013, 04:25:28 »

Seem that picture is made for that entry...   grin  Hmm, need to reread the whole entry, couldn't recall the passage you quoted.

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 March 2013, 02:05:42 »

This awesome pic is how I imagined the Cartashian woods (whenever I get around to developing the entry and that cute creature too). Note the misty background? Not a coincidence.

I'd like this pic for the Themed'lon, but unsure what to do with the figures in the corner. Can the Kaaer suddenly develop tails?  buck
« Last Edit: 28 March 2013, 02:07:43 by Azhira Styralias » Logged

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 28 March 2013, 16:01:35 »

We don't have an entry for the Cartashian Woods yet, but maybe we can still place is in a related entry.

As for the Themed'lon one: Hmmm... Well, certain tribes put skulls on their heads of animals they killed, so maybe the Kaaer cut the tails off and run around with them? lol

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]