Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Aeruillin Developers' To-Do List  (Read 1995 times)
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« on: 28 August 2003, 02:07:00 »

So this is what we have so far: (pls feel free to put on any other thing I forgot to mention, thnx) (also we need to prioritize the development - which goes first? the major projects or the small details that we can do real fast? none of us seems to have the time for a major project these two weeks + we do have a communication problem (i think my internet will also have some troubles this month...))

- the Citrus plant
- the tribes?!.
- the long forgotten Religion project - along with the animals and plants mentioned there... plus the construction of the cities where the main temples are located.
- slavery needs to be sorted out?
- magic in Aeruillin (this is waaaaaaaaaay later)
-a small settlement near the Oases of Nashrhul, on the opposite side of Rhual (will I EVER finish this?..)

what i think we should do is to start developing one portion of Aeruillin first and then go on with the next. The continent is so vast that otherwise we'll forever be lost in it... I suggest that we divide the map not according to location but to significance. We should probably finish the richest town, and the Queen of the tribes (do we have this, or did it come to me in a dream?) first.

waiting for suggestions,
have to go (now 10 mins ago)
coren

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2003, 04:35:00 »

Quote:
what i think we should do is to start developing one portion of Aeruillin first and then go on with the next

What i think we should do is to start developing one portion of Sarvonia first and then go on with the next.

The main Aeruillin developers still aren't there or, so where are you heading, Coren? I can only tell you from my personal point of view that I don't plan major updates on Aeruillin if those that have the most plans for it already in their heads aren't there. You're running into complete chaos here developing something of which you don't know at all how it will fit to the rest (if Amuwen and Artemis aren't regularly there). And in my function as webmaster who has to organize things I cannot recommend at the moment to give Aeruillin priority. Yes, I think we should develop portions, but as Sarvonia is far from complete, Sarvonia will have main focus. As I tend to repeat myself here, this is my last statement to this issue.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Arancaytar Ilyaran

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2003, 09:38:00 »

I see what you mean, Arti, but in any case, could I do the Citrus plant, whenever we get to that? Not that I have the time right now, but I'd just like to do that one later. If no one else wants it that is, of course.

Also, that one is not exactly such a crucial part of Aeruillin that a lot of stuff would have to be developed first; all of the mythology and magic wouldn't affect it for instance.

Arancaytar Ilyaran

"When you start quoting yourself, it's a sure sign of senility" Arancaytar Ilyaran

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2003, 10:38:00 »

Beasts and plants aren't that much of a problem of course as they can be developed more or less independently, so just go for it, Aran. I mainly refer to larger projects in the post above, where much more concepting and organization is needed, and where the main developers are essential to have to make any useful and satisfying progress.  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 August 2003, 11:05:00 »

*wonders why he is always misunderstood*

Dear, beloved webmaster Arti, when I was talking about priorities, I meant the priorities of the Aeruillin Developers - that is if we should start with the east (as Amuwen and i discussed) or finish the incomplete west first. Actually, i believe (might have been daydreaming though) Amuwen just recieved a notice from Artemis saying that she would be able to be online from now on. And also Amuwen said that she would have more time for the projects in a few weeks or so. I am not leading or trying to do anything of the sort, only listing th ethings that need to be done, so when ppl come here and ask what needs to be done the present developers can actually show them something. (artemis told us to put us the things that need her notice here, she would probably come within a few days - so i was hoping to get her views on the subject)

I agree with you, no large projects (as i've also written) before the communication problems are solved. Just trying to be helpful... sorry for all the misunderstanding and irritation

PS: also I have some stuff ready that is waiting for Artemis, i think that is the situation with a few other ppl here (as if we have many), so maybe we have more than we think is ready. All i wanted to do was to put these up so ppl don't accidentally end up doing the same things (we have a religion project, with gods Artemis allowed others to work on - what i'm afraid of is having ppl doing stuff without the major developers' (artemis, amuwen and anea) notice. I merely act as a vector/messanger here - carrying news from one side to the other.

But we can freeze all this for the time being, if you like. Just notify me. Thanks

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Artemis

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 August 2003, 06:13:00 »

Hello Coren.

I haven't actually formally introduced myself, even thought you know who I am.

My name is Artemis. Along with Amuwen, we are (I hope by saying this I am not being big headed) the chief designers here in Aeruillin.

Unfortunately, the last few months have seen both of us fairly indisposed, with my computer and general life problems (!) and Amuwen joining the navy.

And so, our lovely continent has been rather neglected for some time.

This does not mean however, that we have disappeared.

Infact, my life is back on the road. I have sorted out my career, and everything is slowly falling back into place. The computer is fixed, and hopefully, within the next week or so (maybe a few weeks, I'm not sure) I should be a regular at Santharia once more. YAY!!!

However - Artimidor has requested that work is done on Sarvonnia. Whilst I would dearly love the help and ideas of anyone who is here, what Arti say, goes.Also, as a fairly new person to the boards, it would be much easier to fit something into Sarvonnia, than say, start a completely new area. Even I started there, before becoming obsessed over Aeruillin... hehehe!!! ;)

Also. Could you please refrain from developing areas within Aeruillin that no-one has touched yet. I say this not because I'm a jealous person (mwahaha!!! Yes I am!!! Aeruillin is all mine!!! Mwahahaha!!! ;) ) but actually, because we need to concentrate on one area at a time. Aeruillin is, effectively, being born at the moment. Very little development has been done on it, and if we expand too far too quickly, then we will end up with conflicting ideas and theories about the continent, and it will not "fit" of "flow" like the continents of Santharia and Nybelmar do.

I hope you understand the point I'm trying to make.

Perhaps when I, or Amuwen are more regular at the boards, we can discuss this project on the Oasis' that you are undertaking. I am not saying that you should scrap what you have done, but please, freeze it. The most important things now are the religion and port projects. If you could do some of the smaller entries needed for that (ask me details when I am finally "properly" back!) I would be singing you praises day and night, for there is a awful lot of work in those two projects alone!!!

So, Coren, I hope I have not offended you by saying this. I just wanted to clear it up, you must have been slightly confused with both Amuwen and I not here, when you wanted to work on Aeruillin!!!

Hopefully, we can talk here soon.

Keep Dreaming - Artemis.

:D  :D  :D  

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]