Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Jakécha Fable  (Read 2821 times)
Radaroc

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 11 May 2004, 16:09:00 »

I'm not sure if you wanted something with a description of how the fish came to be (ie: the how elephant got its trunk) or that sort of thing.  But I just wrote and this is what spewed out.  Also I know that I should have posted this in the Library section, but as I wasn't sure if it was the right  type of myth I thought it easier to just post it here, for now.

And lo in days long past there were there was the young tribe of the Cholians lived peacefully on the banks of the Bright Sea.  This was a time before Nakashi had blessed them with the Jakécha.

Not so long after the Creation of the world, the Void had fought to reclaim its domain and there were great struggles across the land as the monsters and demons of the Void attacked Asharnion.  Now Nakashi had always thought of the Cholians on the Bright Sea as her chosen folk.  In truth even as these struggles were going on, Nakashi was always sure that her chosen were well protected from the demons and monsters.

However there was a time when Nakashi was distracted by a great tumult in a far land she left her chosen, the Cholians.  The Void seeing an opportunity to hurt the leader of the ten who had defied it, and so he sent his minions to attack the Cholians.

Not the greatest of warriors the Cholians were hurt badly, nearly destroyed.  It was upon her return that Nakashi went down to her people to aid them.  The man who was chief told her the story.
"They came as clouds on the wind, blotting out the sun.  In the darkness we could not see our foes.  They're attacks were loud and we could not hear our companions.  In the darkness when leading our selves by touch we could not tell where we were."

Nakashi pondered this for though the Voids beasts were being beaten back, she could not assure her peoples safety forever. So she replied,
"Though I will always watch over you, I may not always be able to protect you.  I will give you a new covenant.  The bright silver fish that you have long snared in your nets shall now be known as the Jakécha to you.  From its flesh you shall receive senses greater than all other men.  As long as you eat of its flesh you shall be protected from the suns harsh heat, and you shall remain light.  But stray from my covenant and you stray from my protection and those strengths which you have received from the Jakécha will  be taken from you."

Thus the Jakécha were created and the fishers of Cholians swept them up in their nets and impaled them on their Sparths, in keeping with the covenant with Nakashi.

Edited by: Radaroc at: 5/11/04 0:11
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2004, 23:34:00 »

Some smoothing out... and it sounds nice

However, I think the Cholians came to the Bright Sea in more historical times, so MUCH later as just short after the creation of the world..  no attacks from void monsters ???

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artemis

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2004, 05:28:00 »

I can see that you've read some of my entries. :) .

However - did you read the Cholian entry? Because as Talia said, the Cholians didn't arrive until much later in time, the date is not accurately decided, but they certainly weren't there in the beginning of the world.

It's quite a nice myth, but the major flaw needs to be worked out.

How about upon arrival at the bright sea (you see, the Cholians were searching for a "hidden treasure" and found it when they found the Jakécha) something bad happened, and some guy had a dream about the Jakécha... I don't know.

Sorry to do this to you, but there is no way that the Cholians could have been there at the creation. It's just not possible.

:(  :(  :(  

You're supposed to put something really clever and witty in the signature. Well, I am neither clever, nor witty, so this is a waste of space for me really.

Edited by: Artemis at: 5/11/04 13:54
Radaroc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2004, 21:59:00 »

No worries, like I said, this was something I whipped up in an afternoon. :biggrin  

So I'll work on another with your specifications in mind.

EDIT: Just to let you know, I was working on the premise that the story would have developed after they had come to the Bright Sea and the Cholians would consider themselves to have always been there.

"Ok!  Who's talking...what?  Oh, hello down there."

Edited by: Radaroc at: 5/12/04 23:58
Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2004, 13:17:00 »

I understand Rad... :) . It still doesn't work however.

I know you must feel so annoyed, and believe me, I know how you feel - the first entries I started on Santharia were absolutely no good because they just simply didn't fit, and it took me a while to realise that. Because I'm stubborn.

:D  :D  :D  

You're supposed to put something really clever and witty in the signature. Well, I am neither clever, nor witty, so this is a waste of space for me really.

Radaroc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2004, 17:43:00 »

Not annoyed just frustrated that I can't think of a way to simply start the new fable....thingy.  Once I start these things I can usually just roll on for hours, do you any suggestions?

"Ok!  Who's talking...what?  Oh, hello down there."

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2004, 03:48:00 »

I'll think about a start till tomorrow, Rad - and you write it?
It would help, artemis, if this entry about the fish would still be on. It was not bad, just could be a bit more elaborated from someone who writes such fantastic god entries. Even if a fish is more boring, I admit.

How will it look like? That could be something which helps to do this myth - or is even necessary to do it.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2004, 06:39:00 »

I've been a little lazy, and still haven't rewritten the entry, even after all those marvellous suggestions you gave me.

I'll get to it soon, I promise. It's just a little hard to write something that doesn't exactly inspire you ;) .

:D  :D  :D  

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2004, 07:55:00 »

You never had a fish tank, I suppose - I did!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]