Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Aeruillin Questions for the Aeruillin Queen  (Read 1282 times)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« on: 19 May 2004, 00:58:00 »

Hey Queen Artemis!

Is there something decided already about following things:

How does the seasons affect Aeruillin?(Apart from being even hotter in summer)
Is there rain somewhere in winter? Or are there just enough sweetwatersupplies underneath the desert soil. I could imagine however, that places like the Luca-Oasis make their own climate and have even a rainshower now and then.

What about the water of the big lakes - is it salty? And if, to what an extent - compared to the sea outside? Is the water level rising and falling with the seasons?Could I make up something?
F.e.:
The bright sea - nearly sweet water due to a lot of wells, water level not changing during the seasons
Dark sea, water, slightly salty, level dropping in summer due to evaporation, then saltier, winter water rising, less salty
Sea of Tardulan: Extremly salty, with rising and falling waterlevel as well - salt production possible like in the Makadi Gadi saltpans,

Theranian sea - open to the Burning Sea

Seems we need an entry about Aeruillin, the continent itself.... what about doing one together (not just now,but a bit later), I do the continent specific things, you the people there, the migration patterns and so on?

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artemis

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2004, 06:33:00 »

Greetings, loyal subject Talia... ;) .

Aeruillin does have weather changes - as a guide I'll use our season names to make an example (which obviously wouldn't be the names of the Aeruillin seasons)...

Spring - Fairly warm weather, rare showers, nights are pleasantly cool...
Summer - Hottest time of the year, no rain, almost dangerous to venture out midday time, also warm at night.
Autumn - First half is hot, then with no warning (i.e. no sudden dip in temperature) the monsoons/rainy season begins, lasting for a month or so...
Winter - Occasional showers, pleasantly warm weather otherwise, nights are very cold however.

I hope that makes some sort of sense.

This would mean that you could have the water level rising during the rainy season, and evaporating as it got hotter again.

The Bright Sea must be salty as the Cholians purify the water from it to drink, and in doing so create salt which they use to preserve the Jakécha.

The other two seas (Tardulan and Aegyslam) you can choose how salty they are as you wish. ((It would be useful if the Sea of Tardulan was sweet water though, with no salt, that way Thybross and Qelkanacor could get their water from there without having to purify it, although if this doesn't fit with your plans, then it's not the end of the world!))

An entry about Aeruillin itself would be nice, but as you suggested it is something we can do a little later, when more plans are in place.

I hope that answers your questions. If you have any more then fire away!

:D  :D  :D  

You're supposed to put something really clever and witty in the signature. Well, I am neither clever, nor witty, so this is a waste of space for me really.

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2004, 06:43:00 »

Fine - I have no plans yet comcerning the seas - it just came to my mind and I need a pattern before I can start with the food/trade for my tribes. With the rain and season patterns we have to thinkabout, from where the rain comes when. I assume you have something in your entries already - but little adjustments are always possible, I'm thinking hard in the moment, when the rain actually comes for the rahaz-Dath, I might extent my thoughts to Aeruillin. I doubt however, that it can be really cold on a seasonal basis, more on a night and day basis... we'll see!

Thanks!
:worship  

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]