Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ideas  (Read 2765 times)
Soil Fang

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 12 October 2005, 05:57:00 »

Lately I've been thinking, and reading up on different stuff and I ended up getting interessted in the desserts of Aeruillin.

I am currently working on a CD, but atm its more or less just a story, which involves an old mage living in an old cave and a tower somewhere in the outskirts of the Plain of the Forsaken. I've tried to find something written about that place but there's seemingly not much to be found, so I don't know if its already inhabited by someone else than the Hjorah, and what legend the name refers too. I'm a little worried since "the forsaken" may be too much alike my exiled mage.. I dunno, cant find the tale! I'd be glad if you could point me in the right direction so I won't have to sumble in the dark and rewrite too much

Apart from the tower (wich would be hidden so it might not be that much of a problem.. maybe..) I'm thinking about writing a Cholian fisherman tale about a woman trapped in the lake, who is believed to be waiting for a young fisherman to rescue her with his hook.

All these ideas are just ideas still, but I've thought them thorugh well.. I just need to know whats doable and not

The tower I spoke of before, will (if possible) be  built on a cave a loong time ago, by (probably) a very old Ximaxian archmage, who dissagreed with the morale teachings of Ximax and left the school to practise his ways in exile. He belived that instead of direct magic aproaches one should delude and trick the enemies minds, start confusion and fights among themselves. After coming to Aeruillin he found this cave, and moved into it, building the tower brick by brick thorugh the years, while keeping people away from it by spells of delution or posinous fumes to make them sick and dimm their minds. For through the centuries he would also spend alot of time creating enhancing drugs from the Jakécha, and potions using the toxins found in the dessert creatures and plants.This has resulted in stray wanderes and nomads returning to tell people that they think they might have seen something out there.. somewhere, but the mage has made sure that they did not know where they were when they saw it.

What do you think? It would be a pretty large project, involving pretty much everything in the north-western parts of Aeurillin. I've spoken to Silfer about the magic and since it is not a new magic system, just a branch of the Ximaxian one it is acceptable. As for the potion brewing its a whole other story, which I don't know who to talk to about it, but.. I'm sure it'll work, somehow..

If you wish, I could email what I've written so far to you? I think it would help understanding the whole consept

(for for all the typos, the spell checker dosent work )

And slowly we come to realise
Its all as it should be
You can only do so much
If you game enough
You could place your trust in me
All the love of life
There's a trade on
We could loose it all
But we'll go down fighting...

Edited by: Soil Fang at: 10/11/05 14:20
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 12 October 2005, 08:16:00 »

Well, Soil, the fisherman story should be no problem, just keep in mind, that this body of water is quite big (biggest elongation 1350 strals). I have no idea, how a woman can hope to be rescued by a hook, but I will see!

Your other project might proof more difficult. One problem is, that the main focus of work should be in Santharia and that we only do development in Aeruillin on already existing things - finish important things which are needed for the already existing entries, no new ones. But apart from that, let see, what we can do here:

I am currently working on a CD, but atm its more or less just a story, which involves an old mage living in an old cave and a tower somewhere in the outskirts of the Plain of the Forsaken. I've tried to find something written about that place but there's seemingly not much to be found, so I don't know if its already inhabited by someone else than the Hjorah, and what legend the name refers too. I'm a little worried since "the forsaken" may be too much alike my exiled mage.. I dunno, cant find the tale! I'd be glad if you could point me in the right direction so I won't have to stumble in the dark and rewrite too much

There is nothing done concerning the „Plane of the Forsaken“, no places entry, no myth etc, to my knowledge - but please, use the search function, I might be wrong.

The tower I spoke of before, will (if possible) be built on a cave a loong time ago, by (probably) a very old Ximaxian archmage, who disagreed with the morale teachings of Ximax and left the school to practise his ways in exile.
He believed that instead of direct magic approaches one should delude and trick the enemies minds, start confusion and fights among themselves.

Please specify a bit more, what you mean with long - and take the dates of Ximax into consideration. With what did he disagree, what do you understand under „moral teachings“?What you write is not necessarily a reason to ban him in Ximax.

After coming to Aeruillin he found this cave, and moved into it, building the tower brick by brick thorough the years, while keeping people away from it by spells of delusion or poisonous fumes to make them sick and dimm their minds. For through the centuries he would also spend alot of time creating enhancing drugs from the Jakécha, and potions using the toxins found in the dessert creatures and plants.This has resulted in stray wanders and nomads returning to tell people that they think they might have seen something out there.. somewhere, but the mage has made sure that they did not know where they were when they saw it.

If you say centuries, I assume, it is an elf. my problem is here - why does he want to build an tower? he could improve his cave a bit, that could be enough. How does he sustain himself? Coming from Santharia, he is not used to the extremes in the desert - even if there should live a few smaller animals, even if he found accidentally a well, which is very unlikely, how can he survive? magic doesn‘t help him to get food, if there is none.

What do you think? It would be a pretty large project, involving pretty much everything in the north-western parts of Aeruillin. I've spoken to Silfer about the magic and since it is not a new magic system, just a branch of the Ximaxian one it is acceptable. As for the potion brewing its a whole other story, which I don't know who to talk to about it, but.. I'm sure it'll work, somehow..
The potion brewing is not a problem , I think, but why do you think, it is a huge project involving the whole southwest? So fat I see only an old man sitting a cave and scaring some people away, maybe be the reason for some child-frightening stories

If you wish, I could email what I've written so far to you? I think it would help understanding the whole concept

As I said above - the main development should take place in Santharia, maybe in Corens enclaves, so I would not favour something new and huge in Aeruillin. but if you have already written some stuff, send it to me and I will have a look at it, but don‘t spend much more time to write something new.

Talia

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 10/11/05 19:39

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Soil Fang

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2005, 09:15:00 »

Well.. fairytale ladies exist to be naive, aye?

hmm.. that would make things difficult indeed.. I figured that since these entries will pretty much stand alone, there would be few complications, but..

The project would involve one people entry and one places entry, and not be such a big deal in the general development of Aerullin. I think that there might be disscusions about spells, maybe Ximaxian history and such.. but that dosen't have anything to do with Aerullin, exept that the magician is living there

I've sent the story to your inbox

Its all as it should be
You can only do so much
If you game enough
All the love of life
There's a trade on
We could loose it all

Edited by: Soil Fang at: 10/11/05 18:33

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 12 October 2005, 11:40:00 »

Noooo , I have an email!

talia(at)santharia(dot)com

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Soil Fang

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 October 2005, 11:43:00 »

it said "email adress: private ^^ Ok, uno momento

Its all as it should be
You can only do so much
If you game enough
All the love of life
There's a trade on
We could loose it all

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 12 October 2005, 11:53:00 »

Soil, I just read it in ezboard mail, it looks promising so far - but it is just the beginning, right?

However, you have to get your rhythm right as well, though it is a story, but I haven't seen great problems. I would propose to post it with the pencil in the library, so others can help yopu with it as well.

Soil Fang

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 October 2005, 12:08:00 »

ya, its just the begiining.. I'm kinnda stuck atm, mostly due to brain failure

hmm, ya.. maybe I should.. problem is that its so hard to find substitue words.. but posting it in the library might be a good idea!

Its all as it should be
You can only do so much
If you game enough
All the love of life
There's a trade on
We could loose it all

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: