Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Religion Project. :D.  (Read 9601 times)
Artemis

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« on: 20 March 2003, 08:54:00 »

Here's the list again, all redone, 19/03/06.

Nakashi, Light, Queen Of All. (Needs revising sometime by Artemis).
No Picture.
Symbolic Animal - Avéquis (Done).

Polmaen, Dark, King Of All. (Needs revising sometime by Artemis).
No Picture.
Symbolic Animal - Maérquis (Done).

Pariya, Fire, High Goddess of Destruction. (Done).
No Picture.
Symbolic Animal - Drakona, tiny mythical dragon with a heart of Fire (Done).

Arkon, Earth, High God of Creation. (Done).
No Picture.
Symbolic Animal - Dryad (or other name), tree spirit (To Do).

Mermaria, Water, High Goddess of Life. (Done).
No Picture.
Symbolic Animal - Myriad, sort of water faerie, lives in oceans of Asharvéa to keep her company (To Do).

Sheára, Wind, High Goddess of Death. (Done).
Picture.
Symbolic Animal - Roc, said to be the largest flying mammal ever, helps the souls of the deceased onto the afterlife (To Do).

Léarin, Mind, Goddess of Wisdom. (Done).
No Picture.
Symbolic Animal - Lufflet, tiny owl-like creature, extremely intelligent (To Do).

Har'wyn, Body, God of Well-Being. (Done).
No Picture.
Symbolic Animal - Iaigrá, a cat-like animal whose blood is said to heal the worst illness or wound. (To Do).

Jenevére, Soul, Goddess of Spirit. (Done).
Picture.
Symbolic Animal - Preena, a small, reptilian animal that possesses the ability to change the colour of its scales at will to show the mood of the Goddess of Spirit. (To Do).

Kashmina, Heart, Goddess of Love. (Done).
No Picture.
Symbolic Animal - Cerub, it is a small, winged being, humanoid in shape, who is said to move faster than the wind. It is believed to be Kashmina’s spy upon Caelereth, able to see into the hearts of all, perceiving the desires and wants of people, and reporting back to its mistress, the Lady of Want. (To Do).

:D      :D      :D      

To Have Flown With The Phoenix, Is To Have Lived Your Dreams...

Edited by: Artemis at: 3/19/06 15:14
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2003, 14:24:00 »

Maybe you can use some colors, Artemis, bold texts etc. to make it easier readable (see e.g. my project) and point out where people might help out perhaps.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Amuwen

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2003, 02:36:00 »

I saw some of the most beeeyootiful desert flowers today! They were purple! Only, the people I was with would have thought I was a freak if I would have asked them to stop the car so I could look at them and possibly pick some, so I just admired from a distance. We were also in a kind of hurry so I didn't want to delay our jounrey anymore by making an unneeded stop. I reaaaally wanted to though, cause now I don't even know what kind of flowers those were to even have a clue of what they looked like up close.

Maybe I'll find a listing somewhere of desert flowers and find them, I really liked them a lot. I thought, wouldn't our deserts be pretty with some of those! They're tall flowers too, that bend in the wind and they looked so delicately purple, but were hardy at the same time. It was great! Oh, and the color was sooo perfect!

Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2003, 06:51:00 »

Made it nice and pretty - those in colour can be projects for anyone!!!

:D  :D  :D  

Amuwen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2003, 22:51:00 »

Question about Jenevére, does that mean she is the goddess of death as well?

I think she should have a bird of some sort as her animal. An eagle or hawk type creature, or if she is the goddess of death as well, she could even have a carrion bird. Only suggestions though, and I'm still not sure about the details of your goddess so I could be totally off on ideas.

Oh, btw, I'm working on several types of cacti all to be put in one entry together. If you have any particular kinds you'd like to see, feel free to have me add them or put them in yourself after the entry is posted. I already have several types worked out, so I may already have a kind you need as well.

Here's a list of what I've done so far:
Agisuhlt- A giant cactus, modelled after the Saguaro.
Penokino- A pinecone shaped cactus, with many other 'pinecones' attatched, growing low to the ground.
Ger-Ger- Desert cactus-type, rough grooved brown skin, no spines. Contains water, like most cacti. Flesh like a melon, but with a strong earthy, artichoke-like flavour and ferments quickly. 'Gerjuice' is a nasty local form of moonshine. -This is already on the site, but not elaborated on. Only used in an overview entry.
Springing or Clinging Cactus-(Name still debateable) This is a very prickly cactus with thousands of needles covering nearly 90% of it's surface. It is also very sensitive and will break off in the wind. If one of these babys gets stuck in you, you better sit tight and not wiggle it too hard, these needles just dig deeper as they are barbed and poisoned to make your skin swell around them. A heavy pair of pliers or some very skilled hands are needed to remove them.
Prickling Pango Cactus- A green cactus with red fruit, completely edible on all parts. Very few visible needles, but some smaller ones that can make the hands itch and are very hard to remove.
Sepultura Cactus- A very round golden needled cactus, usually spherical in shape. Used as a decoration in some gardens. Needles are also removed and used for quilting or large needled sewing.
Altling Cactus- A very long cactus that tends to grow in bunches. Skin is cut and used as a hallucinagenic, either eaten raw or more commonly boiled in a tea. Many priests and priestesses use this cactus to aide in creating prophetic 'visions'.

Edited by: Amuwen at: 3/27/03 5:08:55 am
Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 March 2003, 11:05:00 »

Sheára is Goddess of death - Jenevére is more emotions, when I say spirit, it's not so much a ghostly spirit, but the spirit of a person - whether it is joy, or love, or hate.

Does that make sense???

Actually, Sheára's symbolic animal was going to be a bird... some sort of santharian eagle... i dunno, perhaps a carrion bird would be good. :D .

I've got to say, I know very little about cactii... don't come across it too often... ;) ... but what you've got there seems fine. I can't think of any others right about now though, although I had a near heart attack looking at the word sepultura... name of one FANTASTIC band... hehehehe...

Amuwen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 March 2003, 15:48:00 »

I actually just put some words together in other languages and switched the letters around to get most of the names, I think Sepultura was one of them, it did seem like I'd heard that from somewhere before though. Maybe I ought to change a letter or two?

Amuwen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 March 2003, 15:57:00 »

Oh yah.. It's an alteration of the Italian word 'sepoltura'.. which means burial, because I call the barrel cactus a burial cactus and I thought it would be fun to name it my way.:P Just an odd quirk. I think it dates back to when I was a kid and called it burial by mistake and then it just stuck.

Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 March 2003, 23:39:00 »

Ah, sepultura. Very nice. Maybe you could give it a lore about how it grew from the grave of a Sharp-witted southern Bard.
In english we have a word that sounds similar and has a similar meaning to Sepultura.

Sepulchure means those enclosed grave buildings you see in America... usually they are for the very rich families and will have several plots in one sepulchure.

Maybe a Sepulchure cactus?
But I totally dig Sepultura.
Maybe- we can make an Elven word that is similar?

Sepultan= to dispose of a body honorably.
Sepulleter= a grave, or burial ground.

*big shrug*
Am I helping at ALL?!

*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - Adventures of Sorren Administrator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Amuwen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 March 2003, 00:01:00 »

*scrunches her nose in deep thought*

Sapuhltura? Sepulitan, Sepuhlture, Sepulituran, Sepulchura, Sepulch, Sepulit, Sepulikan. Any likes, dislikes? I really can't decide now.:  Heeeelp!

Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 March 2003, 20:30:00 »

Sepulchura.

*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - Adventures of Sorren Administrator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Anaea the Marked

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 April 2003, 12:11:00 »

I just wanted to comment on a few things:

- when planning the religion of Aeruillin, don’t forget to take into consideration the religion of [the united kingdoms of] santharia. Depending on which continent was inhabited first, you will have to make allowances for the opposite culture. FE: if santharia was first, the religion of Ava and the twelve would have been the beginnings of the Aeruillin religion, and the above gods/goddesses should resemble (in a small part at least) the 13.
Though, if Aeruillin was the ealier of the two- one would assume (from examples made by Hellenistic, Roman, Equestrian, and Egyptian cultures) that the religion of Santharia would tend to trickle in via the port cities and be added to the general pantheon of Aeruillin.

- another thing to be taken into consideration: since your deities are connected to the physical aspect of the continent (with associations with wind, sun, moon, water, etc…) are they then connected to time as well? Such as the months, lunar tidal phenomena’s, seasons etc? one would assume so, but I just wanted to check.

"If you gave me a choice between a Northern man, a Northern woman, or a Northern rat - I'd have to pick the rat..."

Anaea- on the north in general

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 24 April 2003, 00:02:00 »

BTW: Artemis has some technical difficulties and can't connect to the internet at the moment (see comment of a friend of hers in the guestbook). Just to let you know that she's still alive;)  

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 May 2003, 13:12:00 »

Well, I’m back. Sorry for disappearing like I did, however, the internet at home just decided one day that it had had enough and was not, under any circumstance, going to work, and that was that. I asked my friend to put a note in the guestbook, and bless him he did just that, so at least you knew what had happened.

It’s weird – I’ve only been three weeks and I really missed this place and it’s people. Even though I’ve never met any of you. I missed it so much I put the continent map of Aeruillin as my background. Oh dear. But enough of this creepy/stalker-like sentiment.

I’ll get around to replying to queries that people have made, and posting stuff that is beginning to clog up my computer over the next week or so. I also need to update myself with the changes – I’m so annoyed I missed the vote on the new name!

Anyway, I didn’t think I’d clog up the non-santharian discussions forum with a post announcing my return, because that’s not really necessary.

It’s fantastic to be back though! :D .

*Does a happy dance.*

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 06 May 2003, 13:24:00 »

:lol  Glad to see you back, Artemis:D  Well, and that's quite usual: Once you're away for a few weeks everything here gets turned upside down... Happens every time;)  

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]