Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Entry on Void Phenomenon  (Read 3215 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 07 April 2006, 14:23:00 »

I'm going to write an entry on a Void phenomenon soon in order to use the following of Quellion's pictures:

So I want to ask if you have an idea what tribe could be depicted here possibly, as I think the phenomenon would mainly exist in southern Aeruillin. If you have some pointers in this respect, please let me know and I can integrate the ideas:)  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artemis

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 08 April 2006, 04:16:00 »

Ok, will have a think about that :) .

The very southern tribes are of the winged race, but I'm sure there can be a reason why there are members of a human tribe so close to the void!

:D  :D  :D  

You're supposed to put something really clever and witty in the signature. Well, I am neither clever, nor witty, so this is a waste of space for me really.

Mina
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2006, 13:21:00 »

A Ximaxian expedition, perhaps, to figure out the properties of the Void.  

Thuja
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2006, 15:50:00 »

Maybe the void is not static and fluctuates back and forth.  That could be a reason for the human tribe and maybe give some bit to the phenomenon.

In this life the old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything, and the young know everything. —Anonymous

Grevarius Rendragon
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2006, 04:47:00 »

[Grevarius Rendragon steps suddenly from behind a pillar.  His cloak is a bit sand-blasted, and his eyes a bit wild.  He bows to his Queen, before speaking cautiously to Artimidor.]

As you are undoubtedly aware, it is a common belief that when one imagines things whilst in proximity to the Void, those things can be brought into fruition.  What you might not be aware of, is that there have been several embarkations, as of late, from a group associated with the Library in Hjoreh with just such a goal in mind.  I will explain more about this in due time.  Each group which has  set out upon one of these “creative” missions has had with them a magician of substantial skill.  While some success has been realized, the failures are what might pertain to this “phenomenon” of yours.
   The process of creation utilizing these means requires complete concentration of all those involved for a period of three and one-half days.  Fasting, of course, is just one of many possible experiences throughout this ordeal which can cause distractions amongst the participants.  When this trial is failed, an anomaly very much like what you are describing occurs.  While few people know of these...exercises, if you will, it is possible that there might have been witnesses to the resulting disruption at the outskirts of the Void.  I, of course, present this information only in theory, as I would not be so bold as to declare such experiences as truths without the express permission of My Queen.

[Grevarius looks apologetically to Artemis, in the hopes that she might forgive his absence as of late.]

I have much more information at my disposal in regards to these matters, as my months in service to the Library of Hjoreh shall be fully documented.  The primary tribe involved, of course, is the Hjoria.  It must be noted, however, that they are not acting entirely...alone.  Of course, this may all just be coincidence.  I stand humbly at your disposal.

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”-- H.P. Lovecraft, "The Call of Cthulhu,”...even now, the light fades.

Edited by: Grevarius Rendragon  at: 4/8/06 12:49
Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 April 2006, 05:12:00 »

Oh Grevarious!

*Hugs in a manner friendly, yet Queenly*

It is so great to see you! I was indeed worried that the Void had swallowed you whole and therefore you were away with the glorious Fae.

:) .

Of course they may be the Hjoria! It may be a group attempting to cross the Void to be with the Fae... yet... this surely would be a difficult task as you say. Yet I do believe the Aeolian Brownies have established themselves within the borders of the Void... I shall have to reread the compendium entry to remember exactly how...

((I'm not sure what Artimidor wishes to do with the entry however Grevarious. It is of course a fantastic idea, but with regards to this picture I think Artimidor had a specific idea in mind? If not, your idea is definitely something I would like to hear more about! It could be the Hjoria depicted, although their skin is not pale at typical Hjoria are... as Thuja suggests the Void is likely to fluctuate, however, the nearest human tribe are the Hjoria anyhow, unless they are some travelling group of Mages? Perhaps from Aencherynth, which is going to be the magical city of Aeruillin? Or perhaps they are of Talia's tribe which are nearer to the Void than most? I don't know much about them, she would have to say if that would be a possibility.))

:D  :D  :D  

You're supposed to put something really clever and witty in the signature. Well, I am neither clever, nor witty, so this is a waste of space for me really.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 09 April 2006, 06:35:00 »

Hello Grev!

Nice to hear from you again:)  An I also hope you're in for a longer stay!

What you describe sounds different from what I had in mind, especially as you can see on the picture that the travellers are intimidated by the phenomenon. However, I can make it all work methinks in the same entry as an additon and different explanation - at least it is Void stuff and not that easily explainable, so lots of myth related to it. I'll start with the entry today:)  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 09 April 2006, 15:08:00 »

No, not of my tribe(s), the more southern ones have a dark black skin and the more northern ones are not interested in such things...

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]