Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Question for Anpagan  (Read 1591 times)
Smith in Exile

Gained Aura: 4

View Profile
« on: 17 January 2004, 19:20:00 »

@Koldar:

I need to know a few more stuff though. Exactly how much of the Korweynite territory was under direct Anpagan rule during the Dark Age? Also, what was Tiara's attitude towards them when the second Empire was born? (and not only the attitude actually but some clues about how she managed to get back those territories could help...)

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2004, 13:09:00 »

Let's assume everything west of the Sohon Mountains is integrated into the kingdom, with various territories, fiefdoms and cities in the east being aligned to it. However as we talked the territories in the east should be pretty fragmented with several factions of original Korweynite lords, usurpators, Murmillion lords and Anpagan rulers making it difficult to see the territory aligned to any certain.

Tiara's stance against the Anpagans would be adversary as they allowed the fragmentation of the Korweynites to gain land, esspecially in the eyes of Tiara's followers Anpagan would appear as false successors of the Korweynite empire (which they claim to be due to the link to the Korweynite throne)
It's not so much a problem what Tiara did or wanted but what her followers see. There'd be some proof in Tiara's bio that she is the rightful successor of the Emperor's of the Sun. From that moment on the Korweynite corelands will turn into an uprise to aid the resurrected royal line of the Korweynites and remove the false lords and rulers that had divided the lands among them. I think the lands between the Sohon mountains and the Raneshar will fall to Tiara through uprise and Anpagan can only hold the western provinces because Tiara's main energy is focussed on taking revenge on the Murmillions.
I'd think that after a decade of unsuccessfully trying to get rid of Tiara and destroy the Korweynite and Kassite uprising the Anpagans will take a pragmatic stance and sign a treaty to get out of the fighting (maybe because of financial reasons or because maybe the Kaleman islands pose a danger to them that makes it necessary to project their forces elsewhere)

Tiara would leave them be and instead and instead face east to fight the descandants of Murmillion colonization and rulership to conquer all the old lands to the Eypesh. However I fear one of her successors will sooner or later use the mark of traitor to reconquer the eastern provinces of Anis Anpagan as well till the kingdom is limited to the territories we see it now.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 1/17/04 20:11
Smith in Exile

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2004, 11:18:00 »

ok, so there are to be some fightings... I will make it then easier by some Anpagan internal unrest. Probably it would be best if these fightings happen more closely to the Year of Darkness when I'm thinking about a civil war in Anpagan (between three or more factions - as a result the Vonlaken area will become forced-isolated and the government will change from an alternating theocracy and royalty to a republic).

Another question arises though: Kaleman? are the Kalemans endangering the Anpagans or the danger comes from something else (like Santerrans)?

(as another idea: generally, if we need to distract the Anpagans atention we can always use Zhun in one way or another, I guess)

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2004, 13:03:00 »

Kaleman is still a blank spot but I'd think roughly along these lines:

They're a seperate culure with no ties to any continental tribes. They're rather secluded and prospering.

Their peace was disturbed twice by teh Korweynites who subued them by force to gain access to their prosperous lands and ressources.

In the times where they're indpendant they'd be resisitive people maybe even forming one or many kingdoms on these islands. I don't think they're very expansionistic but they might get into trouble with anis anpagan once in a while because its the closest human kingdom and as a sea nation might see the islands as good targets just like the Korweynites (who are not very seafaring and thus only succeeeded in taking these islands by brute force.

Which fightings do you mean concerning the year of Darkness?

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Smith in Exile

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 January 2004, 20:11:00 »

Well, I was thinking about how to match the Year of Darkness in Anpagan history so linking all the things I stumbled over this civil war idea as the best of all.

First, as a feature of Anpagan would be the fact that they do not have a coherent policy in time. Actually they would always tell you something like "Hey, it wasn't us, we are not responsible for our ancestors' deeds...". (mostly if we think of how their kingdom was forged...)
Second, I'm thinking that there would be some factions struggling for power and the situation might become more explosive as the Year of Darkness aproaches. There would be a Korweynite royalists faction (in the descendance of Narve's dinasty), an Anpagan royalists faction (other wannabe kings wanting their own dinasties), a theocratic faction (clerics of Aseya), the two schools of magic, and finally a "popular" faction (peasantry, tired of kings, priests, mages etc... the "power to the people" stuff). Uhm... so let's see... six factions? :)  Of course, they have all formed in time, though the Year of Darkness seems like a good time for such a chaos breaking out. The result would be that the people faction and one of the magic schools wins => Anpagan becomes a sort of a republic (I am still thinking how to name it and stuff).

So, perhaps this would be a good time for loosing territories too... Either by force (that's why I asked about possible fightings with Korweyn) either by separation - the north and northeast regions would belong to the Korweynite royalists.

As history here is a possible timeline (just a draft though)

- Narve forges the Kingdom and initiates a dinasty.
- The dinasty is overthrown by a coup => clerics take control => tensions mount with Ehebion => to avoid a war by another coup a new dinasty of Kings sets in power.
- They could be overthrown also (to "enhance" the turmoils)
- The magic schools are breaking apart and start to seek control over the kingdom by alliances with different kings.
- The people grow more and more discontent
- war breaks out => the "evil" magic school is isolated in Vonlaken, the "good" one founds a sort of cultural center on the largest southern island, the republic is set in place. (this is right after the Year of Darkness).

Now, where and how do we make them lose the Korweynite territories? is one question.

I'm still thinking about when they reached Zhun (probably a sort of an age of sea expansion would work => they would try on Kaleman too and fail)

With Kaleman, probably, a small kingdom from there, with some bright leader sets itself some high ambitions => Anpagan will have to fight them on sea for their very islands (Anpagan islands)?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]