Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: northwestern Nybelmar  (Read 2315 times)
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« on: 17 July 2004, 16:02:00 »

If anyone has some interesting ideas to fill the Northwestern countryside of Nybelmar I'd like to hear it. While we are still occupied in the south I'm still looking for what could be there. I'd figure something weird and strange wouldn't be too bad, something that makes it reasonable that this place is not so wellknown by the humans of the civilized south.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Coren FrozenZephyr

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2004, 09:46:00 »

Yay! Finally!

I'm swelling with ideas! But just got home today, i'll be able to respond soon.

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Coren FrozenZephyr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2004, 08:43:00 »

Okay, these are just rough ideas that kept popping into my mind for the last couple of months. I don't know if they are too far-fetched though. Open to all comments, criticism and changes as always ;)

Moredein Kaerath and the norhtern peninsula

A) Dwarf-like ppl

I had mentioned a tribe/race of dwarf-like humans living in clans several times in the Krath timeline (regarding the recent Earth King) , though I cannot find where. I also need some sort of 'trouble' to keep them from "civilizing" too much (that is growing fat on their ***es)- how about some troublesome trolls in the mountains, coming to raid their cities?

* Weapons: Axe / Hammer?

B) the small folk - gnomes?

South west of Kaerath, northwest of Germon Doilith is a relatively small forest. I had this mentor for the Earth king that resided there.

*Small people, almost half the size of a human adult (like those earth magicians in Lords of Magic) talented in life magic (or smt similar) and molding earth using these skills.

*Climate: Cool-coldish during the winter?

*Flora: Massive trees - like the Banyon trees in New Orleans.

* Mode of Living: Possibly in tree houses built all around these giants (with ladders and platforms circling the trees). Also extending underground - perhaps "pouches" or houses between the trees' massive roots?

C) Squirrel riders:

* Resembling Indians in tone and perhaps beliefs (although of course a Nybelmar edition)

* Territory: In the eastern woods of Kaerath and the surrounding places?

* Fauna: Massive squirrels, a little taller than the height of an average Indian.

* Interesting and sporadict facts about these ppl:

- They ride on these massive squirrels for transportation (perhaps tree houses again?) and war. Also for gathering food/fruits from the tops of the trees.

If decide to place them closer to the mountains - maybe they could live in "nests" in/around the mountain (btw, do squirrels have underground homes? like under a tree?) and use the squirrels to easily climb the slopes. (trust me these creatures, even the ones we have on earth, are incredible.)

- perhaps also using elephants or a similar animal for labor and marching to war - as did the Hindus (?)

Victhorin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2004, 07:25:00 »

Koldar will probably post here soon but I can just say  a thing or two.

Quote:
the small folk - gnomes?

I've asked once for A FEW gnomes to live inside the walls of Tyr Faerath, as shop-owners and designers of machines.
But Koldar said back then, and I agree with him now, that we should not have gnomes on Nybelmar.

Regarding the dwarf-humans I like the idea IF they resemble humans more than dwarves. That is live above ground, more slender bodies, like sunlight etc. etc.

Impatient? Me? Who said that? Come on, tell me! We haven't got all day!

Coren FrozenZephyr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2004, 07:40:00 »

Ohhh, I never liked the idea of gnomes being life mages anyway, but had to suggest the idea in case you, smith or Koldar did not want a new race (?) wandering on the continent.

As for the dwarf/humans: Absolutely, otherwise there would be no point of having them as something different. I just want them a bit short for a human and well muscled and sturdy. That's all.

So, any other suggestions?

Btw, why did the development discussions suddenly die?

Victhorin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2004, 07:51:00 »

Why the discussion died? I guess people are on hollidays, enjoying the sun and drinking a cool beer. At least I hope they are. I would like to. I'm at work and I'm bored to hell.

Concering the human-dwarves: I like them! I will move on and create the Chaorim as my next big project, but that is some time away. I think some realtions between the Chaorim and the human-dwarves would exist and it would be good to elaborate them before we get started.

Right now I have like ten different projects, the work and the soccer-season starting again: All in once!

But I'll do my best.

Impatient? Me? Who said that? Come on, tell me! We haven't got all day!

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2004, 08:21:00 »

Mainly because there was some exam last week I had to finish, I only the sun cannot be it here in germany. afterall, we have twisters here! Germany never ever had twisters!

Anyway, I also considered that maybe the western shores and some land there are already under the strange influence of the western Etherial Void.

Main goal is some brainstorming first to find something exciting for that region to happen at some point. Krath and Eastern Nybelmar should still have a considerable higher priority.

Aside from general brainstorming here and there and finishing some entries my main goal will be also to continue the political milestones (with those political maps) to get some order into our history before approaching that in earnest

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 7/26/04 16:23
Smith in Exile

Gained Aura: 4

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 July 2004, 18:44:00 »

I can't think of anything about that region yet... But yes, there should be some weird stuff void-caused there.

Btw, we had a twister here too, last year I guess. The first ever. lol, where are you going to be the day after tomorrow?

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 28 July 2004, 04:20:00 »

I know, this is far away, but if you think more about strange effects/tribes/new races along your void border, give a shout to aeruillin. Maybe it is a good idea, if this "new void races" have something/anything in common, which sets them fundamentally apart from the main races?
I don't know, what is already in the head of my dear queen, but as far as I know it, the only thing fixed about our new race is that it will be a flying race.
Nothing to decide or even think about now though.

And Coren - don't think to much at something new - finish youe HUGE project first, otherwise the board is littered with posts of you and nothing on the site! If I only think of that very first post of you, you will need ten years to elaborate all and finish it! I would really like to know, who lives today inthis jungle region of your Lili....

I know it is hard - but I try to do as little on the Himiko, my new northern tribe, but concentrate still on the Raház Dáth, believe me!

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 7/27/04 12:24

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]