Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Chyrakisth vs Kavogerim (post recovered)  (Read 1675 times)
Smith in Exile

Gained Aura: 4

View Profile
« on: 25 July 2005, 16:29:00 »

Victhorin

Koldar:

I have be thinking, not too much though, about the "Outermost Outpost". And I thought a nice little history would also be nice. So I thought about what kind of enemies the Kavogerim-guarded caravans would have and I only found one. The mighty Chyrakisth.

This made me think that perhaps the Chyrakisth have tried to take Tyr Faerath, and perhaps the capitol of the Chaorim.

Can I continue with that idea? I don't know what your plans about the Chyrakisth is. Would a attempt on taking Tyr Faerath be something they could do? I know that they don't like dwarves, but is it an idea that they would have? It is a big task and I was thinking something like the story of Troy. No, no wooden-horse, but a sneak-attack to get inside and open the gates.

What do you think?

Smith

Hey, maybe we can relate this piece of history with that of the Chyrakisth involvment in Venlaken (is kinda in the same area), which would nicely lead to a new major conflict - perhaps this could be part of that long awaited Third Shadow?

In the Venlaken entries I mentioned such an event under the local name of "Dark Plague" -> the only time when the Anpagans sent troops in the Enclave. Well, that's just one thing, but hey, maybe we have a starting point to work out this Third Shadow, don't you think?

Victhorin

Yep. We could make something out of that.

Perhaps all four of us (you, me, Koldar and Coren) should start working something out. But this is also a "low priority-project."

I am starting to think about the religion and Gods of the Kiingerim and Kavogerim (and even the Chaorim perhaps). It is harder than I thought.

Koldar

Against the Chaorhim and Fullwanooth they possibly launched devastating (and in the case of Fullwanooth most likely successful attacks."

Against Tyr Faerath I wonder if they wouldn't use a more indirect action as it is further away, not using own soldiers but making someone else attack the dwarves.

Although, when I think about it when a sneak attack promises easy and effortless victory they might actually go for it themselves.

Anyway, just go ahead, I have not definite limitations on the Chyrakisth anything but them being real dangerous and intelligent enemies of anyone. I'd imagine they'd combine subtle means(like conspiracies and magic proposed in Venlaken) with brute force

Smith

Victhorin, what do you say, I know Koldar seems to be away, but let's start doing something on this matter. I have a few pictures reserved and I plan some people and misc entries for the Venlaken guys. So maybe we can start fleshing out this conflict - and later we can decide if we extend it so that it becomes an eventual "Third Shadow War".

Here is what I propose for now. Let's take the attempt of taking over Tyr Faerath. The initiative comes of course from Chyrakisth, but as Koldar suggested let's make the actual aggressors some of the Venlaken guys. This could result in a nasty (smelly too  ) conflict which will have as an aftermath a nice agreement between the dwarves and the Anpagans. I'm thinking that the troublesome Venlakens will be eventually defeated (we must agree on a way) with the help of Anpagans and also some other Venlakens (who didn't agree with their kin's decisions). A more practical result could be a system of small forts built by the dwarves (and probably maintained by both Anis-Anpagan and Tyr Faerath, or only Anpagan, or only Tyr Faerath, whatever we decide) in the north of the Venlaken wasteland - to keep them from repeating the deed, and also to have a better control of the trade route.

What say you?  

Victhorin

I like all of it.

1. The Chyrakisth Brain and the Venlaken Muscle

This would be a great idea, because even though my Kiingerim are brave and good soldiers, a full scale attack from the Chyrakisth would be VERY hard, if not impossible, to stand. The reason the Chyrakisth have not done this is of course that they'll be too exhausted from such an attack to be able to hold the city (the Kiingerim, Chaorim and Kavogerim are sworn to help eachother in need.)

2. Dwarven Axe vs. Deadhirians Pikes

The main battle for Tyr Faerath would be held near the city as that is the place the dwarves fight best. They have no reason to fight the Venlaken guys in open ground. Perhaps a small skirmish at TrumChaor to "feel them out".

The Anpagans can perhaps follow the Venlaken-army until the fight and attack from their rear. But this is a later problem.

Q: How well is their army equiped? Do they have siege weapons? To take the wall of Tyr Faerath (20 peds high, 10 peds thick) you would probably need latters, catapults and wall-breakers.
Maybe the Chyrakisth gave it to them before the war, as a trigger to attack. They then had the means to go for the city.

I got an other idea too. The sneak-attack from the Chyrakisth were meant to open the gates to the city so that the Venlaken-army could marsh in. The Chyrakisth-expedition were cut short by some Kavogerim/Kiingerim mercenaries a few strals from the wall. The Chyrakisth could be dressed like caravaners. In the fron of the caravan a renegade Kavogerim (we've seen them before when the Soul of the City were stolen)

3. "The Winners writes the history-books"

Concerning the forts. I feel more and more about the idea to NOT spread out the dwarves. But i still have a great confidence in dwarven craftmanship. So what about this.

The Anpagans want to strengthen the guard-posts around the Enclave and have seen the fort TrumChaor. They want forts like that; with good scouting towers and hidden areas, supply and escape-tunnels.
The dwarves also see the benefits of having forts at the border and agrees to build them if Anapagan soldiers man them. The size of the forts would of course be re-worked to fit the human soldiers.

Now, what about all this?

Smith in Exile

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2005, 16:34:00 »

While you were away I started to sketch out the Anpagan/Venlaken version of this event - you can check the Asbavaer and Asdamon entries at the People section of the web-site.

Now we need to decide on the exact date when these things happened. Probably it would be cool if you would come up with a dwarven version of the battles as well. I have one more entry to write about the event itself (the Dark Plague - in the Anpagan view), but I need your input first. (there are a couple of nice pictures waiting for that entry as well ;)  )

Victhorin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2005, 23:17:00 »

First of all: Im sorry for not being so up-to-date with the Venlaken-history.

I’ve read the two entries you pointed me to, but not to closely. I get the major part but let me se if I’ve got it right.
The Daedhirians went north, followed by their enemies, the Anpagans.
Outside Tyr Faearth, wich they thought they would take fast, they fought against both Anapagans and Kiingerim.

Is this correct? I need this a base for future thoughts.  

Impatient? Me? Who said that? Come on, tell me! We haven't got all day!

Edited by: Victhorin at: 7/25/05 13:04
Smith in Exile

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2005, 08:20:00 »

There were two Daedhirian movements. The first one went to attack the dwarves (Asdamon's), the second one (Asbavaer's) joined the Anpagans and went after them. => this makes them a kind of allies for the dwarves, since they have the same enemy (Asdamon + Chyrakisth).

Victhorin
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2005, 03:02:00 »

We can make it so that the first battle is at TrumChaor and that fight is more for delaying the approaching enemy. The dwarves escape through their tunnel and shut it.
Just when Asdamons forces are about to attack Tyr Faerath, Asbavaer’s forces attack him in the rear and he is caught in the middle between the dwarves and the Anpagan/Daedhirians.

Asdamons first idea would be to let some Chyrakisth warriors enter the city, dressed as a caravan just before they would attack. The Chyrakisth would then take the main gate from the inside and hold it until Asdamon could storm into the city.

The Chyrakisth attempt was crush however by a Kavogerim/Kiingerim group that attacked them a couple of strals from the city. Their leader, a Kiingerim, will be a City Hero (that’s mostly for me).

What do you think of the idea, Smith?

Smith in Exile

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2005, 10:22:00 »

Nice ;)  It's pretty much how I thought of it as well. Now we need to decide about when all these things happened.

Victhorin
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2005, 16:28:00 »

The "when-part" is pretty much your choice as I have not yet mentioned the battles in any entries.
From this history I expect to write one (or possibly two) People-entries.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]