Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ahh Nybelmar...  (Read 2914 times)
Talahir Elenaerion

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 20 July 2005, 22:51:00 »

It's been a long time!  And once again I am a newbie to the development world of Santharia.  That being said, you'll recognize my work on the Frost Dragon that is currently hanging in Santh's bestiary section.  I am Kendo Gyoshin, so I'm not new on how to develop things...

However, I've been wanting to work on Nybelmar for a long time, and before I was told to stick with other things.  Well, now Nybelmar is open, and I would like to jump on the chance to work on my fave continent.  I would absolutely love it if somebody could point me in the right direction on starting out small.

So does anything know what needs to be worked on?  Anything left unfinished?  Anything needing to be done?  Anything easy I could make up for you all?  Please, let me know.

Victhorin
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2005, 00:27:00 »

While we're at saying hello again I might pop in to say hello.

Work, other hobbies, but mostly World of Warcraft took a lot of my time, but the urge to play more, More, MORE is gone and I once again feel creative.

I've started again on The Outpost (that I left unfinished) and I hope to post a newer version soon.

Hmm, that’s all for now. Good to be back!

Talahir, I don't know who's active now, but I guess Smith and Coren are the ones you should talk to.

Impatient? Me? Who said that? Come on, tell me! We haven't got all day!

Edited by: Victhorin at: 7/21/05 7:29
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2005, 00:31:00 »

Victhorin, great to see you back! :number1

There is a Nybelmar apprentice looking for help - please look out for Lucius Helvil!

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Talahir Elenaerion

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2005, 19:41:00 »

Yes, I know, I read a little bit of that thread.

Just one problem with that:  I don't want to do the rainforest.  I want to work on the all of Nybelmar, and I really don't want to be restricted to someone's detailed guidelines.  That's why I never particularly wanted to work on Sarvonia.  And why I want to work on the other parts of Nybelmar.

So yeah... any advice for where to start?  I'd like to be a little free, but have some loose guidelines with which I know what needs to be done for everything to be its best...

Victhorin
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2005, 23:28:00 »

It really depends on what your interests are.

I like the dwarves myself, so I've done Tyr Faerath and TrumChaor along with the Kiingerim tribe.

There are lots of things that are free to take. "Free" depends on how you look at it. Koldars original idea still goes, but if you come up with a good one, and not too crazy/strange, I'm sure that’s ok. I don't know how active Koldar is at the moment though. Smith will know, I guess.

Impatient? Me? Who said that? Come on, tell me! We haven't got all day!

Talahir Elenaerion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 July 2005, 23:34:00 »

My interests span across all aspects.  There's just one problem: making your own puzzle is a lot easier than going to someone else's and trying to put your pieces in.  Or at least that analogy is a close one.

Koldar has, if my memory serves me right, always been there as an almost translucent guide.  Ethereal, almost.

I've tried glancing through some of the other threads and what's already up on Nybelmar, but it doesn't point out anything specific in regards to what needs work and what doesn't.  So basically I'm asking you... hand me either some area of land, or a type of animal you want done for something.  I'll handle the rest from there.

:pet   So says the Killer Bunny of the East.

Edited by: Talahir Elenaerion at: 7/21/05 7:34
Smith in Exile

Gained Aura: 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 July 2005, 01:25:00 »

Good to have you back Victhorin, and welcome Talahir. The first thing that you will need to do is check the website for the new Nybelmar entries to see what we have done so far. Then of course, there are loads of free stuff, though we are trying to stay within the original project as was imagined by Koldar (even if he is not around anymore). I guess the best way would be to tell us what you would like to do, what exactly do you have in mind and we will see from there.

PS: (for both of you) We have started a timeline discussion in this forum (Nybelmar General Timeline), you might want to check that out too. Victhorin, I know you must have some things to add there.

Talahir Elenaerion

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 July 2005, 01:54:00 »

I'll do just that, Smith.  Thank you.

I took a look at the map, and I've decided upon my favored region I would like to develop/help develop.  Here it is.  The middle section.  I shall look at the new entries as you suggested.

Thanks again!!  This means a lot to me!  (Nybelmar always being my favorite continent for nearing 3 years now..)

:pet  So says the Killer Bunny of the East

Smith in Exile

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 July 2005, 16:54:00 »

While you check the site take a look at those three threads a little below in this forum (called "Political landscape..."). You'll see that you're a little late with that region claiming :)  The northwest though is generally a blank spot. But depends on what you want to develop, maybe I can think of another spot.

Coren FrozenZephyr

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 July 2005, 01:50:00 »

I would actually be very glad to have such an enthusiast work on the northwest. I promised to get the western concept fleshed out but right now, the SW demands most of my time.

There are only a few requests on my part about the northern shore (a tribe that has immigrated there after the fall of the Krath empire almost a century before/after the Year of Darkness) - other than that, let your imagination run wild!

Welcome to the shores of Nybelmar at last!

PS: Sorry only just got back (after a 12 hour trip [I HATE waiting between flights!]). Now I promised my family to go out with them on the boat for three days (with only 4 hours of sleep!) So if I don't make sense...

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Smith in Exile

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 July 2005, 17:09:00 »

Don't get me wrong, I have no serious objections, I just think that it would be better for us to know what's on his mind first. Don't you?

Talahir Elenaerion

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 August 2005, 21:20:00 »

As of right now, I have no real ideas of my own.  I am still reading up on the site-to-be for world renovation, which is why, if there's something you all want me to keep in mind, I'd like to know now.  Unfortunately, for the next two weeks I probably won't be able to do much, as I will be in California visiting my relatives.  But I will keep you updated with any and all ideas concerning Nybelmar in the future.  Perhaps I should make a thread of "Talahir's Ideas" within which we can discuss my ideas and see how best to fit them into Nybelmar.  Afterall, three or four heads are much better than just one.

:pet  So says the Killer Bunny of the East

Coren FrozenZephyr

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 August 2005, 14:52:00 »

When do you think that could be realized (to use Arti's  terms)?

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]