Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Castle Thunderclaim-Griffin's Marl  (Read 3433 times)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« on: 06 April 2006, 02:32:00 »

Dagon - you should always say where your places are  - I found it only so quickly because I had my eyes on it as well. ;)

I haven't posted anything anywhere, but I wanted to make this prominent castle to the home of the Darian Kings. I have some ideas about Griffin's Marl as well, but I don't want to develop it myself. Just wanted to write a proposal for both and didn't get around.

So I like to ask you to either look for another castle (there are many smaller ones with not so much 'influence' on history like this  very prominent one and maybe for a newbie easier to develop?), or to take my ideas for the beginning of its history. After the Avennorians are here it will loose influence with the vanishing of a Darian king. I have certain ideas how it looked back then (has to fit to Darian way of life), but it surely looks different today.

Dagon, you need to delve deep in - unwritten- history , for this is not just "any" castle of a not so important minor noble. Are you already fit for such an endeavour or do you not want to wait a bit an do it as your masterwork maybe?

To the dwarves - as far as I know them, they would not venture so far to do an outpost above ground, on top of a hill so steep! I think you have to abandon this idea.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Dagon Fai Ur
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2006, 12:00:00 »

That's why I asked Talia :)  Learn from a mistake I made earlier. I was actually thinking about making it my masterwork, but there were many castles that I was looking at pursuing, I just had to pick one. Won't be a problem for me to find another one to look into and begin developing.

Thanks Talia!

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2006, 12:32:00 »

There are a bunch of castles on the Manthrian map, where no further details are mentioned. However, the castles placed on the map are each located in the various duchies of the kingdom: Huiscen, Marcogg, Margulf, the Auturian Sty'cal (the elven lands), Twynor, Tolonia and finally Caeytharia. So each castle represents a duke's home in case you want wo work on something in this respect. (The duchies map with the borders of the duchies is not on the site yet, but it is somewhere here on the Forum.)

On the dwarf castle issue: A castle being built by dwarves probably wouldn't work - they have a different culture etc., but I wouldn't entirely exclude it to have some sort of dwarven outside fortification which is built in a spectacular way into a mountain. Actually would love to see something like this, something very different from regular castles, a breathtaking construction. But that's mainly Judy's call.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2006, 15:06:00 »

Fine then Dagon (and thank you), though I wouldn't have minded , if you have taken this castle as your masterwork, as long as the early Darian history is included.

Are you planning already your masterwork? Isn't this a bit too early, after one artefact and the guitar entry?  

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Dagon Fai Ur
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2006, 16:35:00 »

Well... the guitar entry isn't even up :b

But I have a places entry, a poem and the artifact :)  It was merely something that I was considering... Either way, I could always move on to one of the many other creeks in Manthria, learn some more about the history and then take on a Castle as a masterwork :)  We'll see.  

-*Dagon Fai'Ur*-

Forgotten One
Reborn in the Light

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 07 April 2006, 13:26:00 »

Manthria is vast if you want to stay in that area - there surely are some interesting places to do, some of them I've also sketched with short descriptions at the main map, but the entry is still not done. Like the Deep Julin Barrows or Mount Evermourn, the Ciosastran Caves for example (or the not described Fanghenge, Clendor Tower near Marduran etc.). Personally I would love to see some more things inviting people for adventuring, similar to the Ruins of Karthmor entry for example - here we still have a lot to do.

BTW: Having encountered something similar in the Gothic II game I'm considering writing an entry on a cursed orcish graveyard somewhere in caves in the Mithrals (as they passed these mountains in SW III). Still need to think on details as orcs usually burn their dead, but I think I could come up with something to make such a place interesting, ladden with evil lingering there.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Thuja
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 April 2006, 15:46:00 »

Artimidor,

How about after a battle where the orcs had lost the winning army just buried the bodies of the orcs in the ground to get rid of them and the stink.  Maybe an orc priest survived or came back or what ever and was horror struck at his kin being buried.  Maybe he cured the area because of it.  

Just throwing out something for you.

In this life the old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything, and the young know everything. —Anonymous

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 October 2009, 02:54:46 »

*draws a magical symbol on the ground and wriggles her fingers in a resurrection thread spell*

Arti,

I was digging around aaaand...

Did you ever get around to making an entry on that cursed orcen graveyard you mention in the post above? Sounds like something I could do if you hadn't already! My gift to Manthria.  grin

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 13 October 2009, 03:00:00 »

Sometimes I do my homework ...

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 October 2009, 03:04:49 »

Yeah yeah. Like I'm supposed to keep track of every entry out there...

pet  rolleyes

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]