Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: About this new proposals/resources section  (Read 1635 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 30 April 2000, 13:24:00 »

Hello folks! :rollin

Yup, this is a new section at the Santharian forum! I've decided to create it as it seems to be absolutely necessary. It is meant to do exactly what the title says: Here I intend to accumulate proposals for works which members could do and also to introduce resources to you. Resources in two different ways: 1.) URLs of images done by members you can/should integrate in your works whenever possible (here you can reserve them for your own works) and 2.) Resources in the way that books, websites etc. are presented to you which you could use to construct your history threads, bestiary descriptions etc. So if you know e.g. of a recommendable bestiary resource book, map drawing tool, fontmaker tool etc. - feel free to post it here. I guess it is a good idea to organize all those things here.

Most of the entries here will be done by myself as I am the webmaster and therefore have to organize things. But of course you can also post proposals here what other members could do, e.g. if you are elaborating a story and a historical thread is missing (for example concerning the topic "Destruction of Santhala") you could post it here. Maybe someone tries to elaborate this specific thread for you. The section should also help new members or members who don't know exactly what they should do currently for Santharia but have time to do something to find something that suits them.

Furthermore I'd like to use the section for requests to artists, e.g. to illustrate a certain part of a story etc.

Let me note: Nobody is obliged to do these things proposed in the section. But it should help you to select something interesting for you to work on. If you're working on certain things you selected here (please reply to the appropriate proposal to tell us what you intend to do) you can move with your postings concerning this topic to the "Member Works" section.

To make it clear: I definitely want to provide you with work - so this should mean that Santharian members take more responsibility for what they are doing and this indeed means more WORK for Santharian members! I don't intend to give you the impression that you have to sell your soul to Santharia, but I would strongly recommend that we're all working together on the one big project and this means: I have to organize things. It's just like at the company I'm working: When the boss is away and he hasn't given us directions what he would like us to do people start getting extreeeeemly lazy. I want to avoid this situation. It's nice that the amount of members is constantly increasing, but quantitay is not all.

Cause finally the section is also a try to free myself of duties which other members could also realize (Bestiary descriptions, Compendium entries etc.). It's a fact that much more than 70% of the site's texts, pictures, ideas, designs, promotions, forum entries & replies etc. are still done by myself. As I personally intend to concentrate much more on the main texts of the Avaesthoría, the cosmological and the heroic myths I guess it is absolutely necessary that other members take more responsibilty on their own shoulders. This also means (I repeat this) that you should try to work the things you decided to do as much as you can on your own and as elaborated as possible when you present them to me so that the revision and the corrections I do can be minimized! The "boss" should always know what his "employees" are currently up to - the bigger the site and therefore the amount of members gets the more it is indispensable that everybody knows of his/her duties.

Believe me: I just want to make a very, very promising project even better and finally as perfect as possible. This cannot be achieved by one person alone. Hope you understand. Let's dream together;)  

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Lamertu Kthaen
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2000, 04:13:00 »

This might be the weirdest request in any fantasy message board ever, but here it is:

( In order of appearance)
1) wrote (most of) Ka'laten
2) saw 8mm with Nicolas Cage
3) said: woah that's him he's real and reincarnated etc.
4) ps well it's just that I like how melancholic he looks that's all ( so is there any Nic Cage pic (painted))
41/2) -- Interuption by sarge: Stop it! Stop it right now: This is going all silly---  ( Blame Monty P.)
5) and well it's not as if I don't like the artist's pic's but just that they're not at all melancholic
   (although Faugar's pic in B&W section comes quite near but that's already taken innit?
6) plz say it isn't
7) eh spellcheck quite a nice idea but it's just that I dont bother about me spelling.
8)  art rtert uiigu,sa JO"s rtt5 687 dgr y rsrt!

9) Oh I cant watch the pics with netsc. nav ( I know; I should blame it on the Billie (Gates))

Well, Tsüss

10) Well I've got all these exams coming up so got no time f'r San. ( till about July
11) D'oh ( Or as German Homer would say : Nein!

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2000, 11:59:00 »

[Hey, that was a quote from Shakespeare methinks...]

You want some melancholy? Well, maybe I should draw an accurate self-portrait of the famous poor lonesome Austrian poet?

And: What kind of picture problem is this? Netscape cannot be the culprit as I see all pictures, no problem. Where exactly do you have the problems?

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Lamertu Kthaen
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2000, 04:23:00 »

Aaaargh can't talk
really sorry
have to make some exams
and essays
on "hard Times
and poems
etc.

see you all in June

Farewell

Well I might find -some- time but I'm really quite busy but at least we'll have internet via cable by then

"I vil be baak" as ze Terminator said

Goodby farewell goodluck with the santh. cause etc. etc.  

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]