Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Proposal for first Nybelmarian pic  (Read 3032 times)
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« on: 13 May 2001, 10:06:00 »

I mentioned the "Frathra" in my Nybelmar entries and would think it might be cool to have a pic about one of them.
Will be a difficult/interesting task as an armored  horse will be also needed! :)

Okay, here comes a more detailed description. Do you know AoE2-Age of Kings (the Cataphract of the Byzantines would be also a good refernce. At least as far as you can see details there):

The horse has a saddle with high bows before and behind the 'sit-area'. In general such a horse is armored before its chest against pikes and spears and an Unicorn-like armor covering its head, eyes, ears and its vulnerable neck with moveable plates.
Its behind is also covered but mostly by chainmail, scalemail or only a leather coat. Perhaps a small plate defends the back there, continueing the design of the neck-plates.
The knight itsself wears a close-fitting open helmet with cheek- and neckplate. In the general design similar to an Erpheronian helmet of SWII.
Breast- and Backplate + shoulderplates cover the vulnerable spots while scale- or chainmail guarantees free movements.
Other single plates defend the arms, legs and the knees against heavy strokes.
These parts are not covered by chainmail but possibly he wears gloves (leather -> scaled) that might be connected to the plate defending the elbows.
The favorite weapon is the Santerran longsword. A long blade that is sharpened on one side and is slightly bowed. Sabre-like, so to speak.
The shield is oval with one end narrowed to cover body, shoulders and legs on one side.
Favorite colors blue, orange on white

This description is quite complete and very detailed. Don't know if this good or bad, hope good!

Has anyone too much time? Faugar? ;)

*hehe*

Hope I'll see one of these guys in full armor soon...

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2001, 04:34:00 »

whoho. that sound like a challenging picture.. How about Enayla - she can draw horses pretty well (I know I cant ). I'm afraid I don't have the time right now - still need to finish the pictures I already have been paid for in advance, and as you know its the end of the school year, and I have A LOT of things I have to finish there as well :(
I'm afraid it'll have to wait till july - I might be able to do a pencil drawing of it while I'm on vacation.. Unless Enayla, or any other S.A. (santharian artist) takes the challenge! how about asking them in person?

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2001, 13:55:00 »

Unfortunately Enayla is always pretty stressed as far as I know and she also said once to me that she's not very good at drawing pictures with exact descriptions:(  She prefers to draw own ideas. Well, and I can imagine that there are quite a lot of people who want something from her - same problem as with you, Faugar... *hehe*

Ahhh... Why can't people be cloned already? We need some more Faugars, Koldars, Dalá'Valannía's, Greybarks, etc. Well, one more Artimidor also could be quite handy, sometimes...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2001, 16:04:00 »

:)
I think Linda is much more popular then me, and there's more demand for her work, so Iguess she wown't do this either. I like the description and would like to make the picture, but it will have to wait a bit :(  Unless of course some other artist does it first!
p.s. not sure about the cloning thing - have you seen the film "multiplicity"? ;)

Greybark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2001, 23:55:00 »

I always get the feeling my clones would kill each other off.....see "The Sixth Day"

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2001, 02:22:00 »

Don't worry, I don't expect it tomorrow, but next week eventually? :lol

Are there still any other Santharian artists?

When you think you need a real challenge then go for it! Otherwise I'll remind you every day till you just make it to get rid off me! ;)

Just take your time and when I find someone else to annoy I'll try to convince thisone and you're free till someone else want a masterpiece to admire.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2001, 02:58:00 »

Yes, we definately need more artists and writers! My story output is pathetic I know :(  Took me more than half a year to get Chapter 5 done! Which reminds me, Art, I must thank you for your patience in waiting!! All Hail the Great and Patient Buddha-Like Art!!! >D

Actually I kinda decided I like Faugar's art a little better than Enayla's! No offense to anyone, like I said, Enayla's art is AMAZING! Totally! And whatever new pics she has that's suitable, I'm going to grab without shame like a housewife at a supermarket grand sale! But Faugar's paintings are realer, less perfect maybe and flawed but therein lies his strengths as well. His art is therefore more human and more identifiable to the commoners like me 8)  

Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2001, 08:37:00 »

whoho. Ambivalent thoughts crawling all over my head..
But - thank you, I appreciate ppl who like 'less then perfect' art, like mine ;)  You ARE a rather rare examle though, in preferring my pictures above Linda's (as statistics proove), so I'm going to be nice to you ;)

I still havent read the 5th chapter yet, but I hope the next ones will follow quickly... wait a second!
I am a big fan of P.K.Dick's books and stories, and as you might know he was a highly paranoic man, so.. get the idea? ;)  

Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2001, 08:39:00 »

in case you're wondering, why I do this: ;)  a lot.. it's not a nervous twitch :)  see? I can do without it ;)  ... d'oh!

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 16 May 2001, 12:10:00 »

Well, we have various artists who allow us to use their works (haven't used one single work of Elro e.g. currently), but quite few dedicated people who do works especially for Santharia like Faugar, Koldar, Dalá, Greybark - and me of course (sorry to all those I've forgotten in this list). Making a dream come true requires indeed WORK to be done, and not everbody is willing to put back his own interests and to serve the Santharian cause. And of course RL also interferes whenever it can. But we do our best, I guess, and if we find some more people in the future who are similar to the ones we've already found, well, I'd be quite satisfied:)

BTW: How about the additional pictures you wanted to describe, Dalá? More details on Vaelaron etc.? Still in your "bored" mood?

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 May 2001, 19:01:00 »

Much apologies! Been rather preoccupied with the latest essay assignment, my head's all swirling with why the revolutionaries are so captivated by Rousseau's philosophies ;) ....wait, that's not a twitch from me either....but will get around adding Vaelaron and additional compendium entires soon cause I finished the damn essay yesterday night and I overshot the word limit by 152 words! yay!! :lol  

Gnufruk the Trader

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2001, 06:01:00 »

Jeez... When I first read the word "Frathra" I said to myself: AoE II (Age of Kings) Cataphract. It sounds just like it! In a strange, Gnufruk way...

P.S. Sorry for not showing up lately, just RL that has to dealed with once in a while...

P.S.2 Sorry for saying "Jeez", Greybark! Dont get mad at me!

Gnufruk

Edited by: Gnufruk the Trader at: 5/17/01 9:18:49 am
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]