Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: ok, I need suggestions!  (Read 6468 times)
Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« on: 13 June 2001, 17:22:00 »

yes, folks. here's the guy (I'm sorry, but I'm bad in names :)    ). I need suggestions for something on his shoulderpads - Dala - you should know - some family mark? anything. and how do you like the scar?
ok here's the image, after you've recovered from the shock of dissapointment, try not to be too harsh on me, ok? kinda depressed lately.. :(  

oh - one more thing - he still has only those 'tights' on, and as much as one (not me ;)  I didn't show it here in just in  case..  ) might admire jis legs, I think it might be nice if he'd have some kind of (short) pants, or skirt or whatever.. what do you think?
p.s. yes, the original is in color.

Edited by: Faugar at: 6/13/01 12:26:47 am
Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 13 June 2001, 21:31:00 »

I might be able to supply suggestions if I could actually see the picture.... A broken image link where Lysander/Ben Affleck is supposed to be! Oh, the agony of suspense!!!! Faugar, are you SURE you're not doing this to me out of some sick sadistical pleasure??!! Because at this point, I'm starting to wonder..... :lol   :(  

Edited by: Dala Valannia at: 6/13/01 3:42:04 pm
Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 June 2001, 23:54:00 »

Family crest, maybe a sign to reflect his rank in the military?
Kewl pic by the way.

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2001, 02:52:00 »

I'm not a monster! the pic is there! I can see it, and Gean can..  ?? maybe it's your sorrow and dissapointment that's blinding you? it's in the santharia resources, really!

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 June 2001, 10:19:00 »

Well, okay, I see the pic now!!! It's quite splendid!!!!! How many times have I said this before but never mind I'll say it again....I LOVE it!!! It's awesome! I'm not saying it's perfect naturally but I like it VERY much regardless even though the resolution on my computer isn't so good! Lysander's face is almost completely covered by shadow but I can see enough to contemplate proposing marriage to you! :lol  I know you said the pic is in colour but I rather like the broody, shadowy black and whiteness of it now! A good, strong picture of a mature and somewhat battle-wearied Lysander in his late twenties and early thirties....perhaps during the Dragonknight War....yes, I think that would be excellent! The blurb for the pic would go something 'Lysander Dain as during the Dark War of the Dragonknights of b.S 1634' I think.... I really do like it, Faugar! :D

Er, scratch the 'tights' please! I never had a thing for male ballet dancers in any case. I think trousers and boots would be fine :)  Must see more of the scar to comment upon it but from where I'm squinting, it looks pretty good. Designs for his shoulderpads? I'm not too sure exactly what you mean? Elaboration further?

Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 June 2001, 11:41:00 »

I think he means that the pads are.. well erm... empty? It's a perfect spot for a nice detail, like a family crest, but maybe you have a better idea... think that's his question...

Nice to see someone's happy with a pic :lol  

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 14 June 2001, 12:53:00 »

yes, a family sign or something would be nice.
The color isn't really that saturated, so don't worry, Dala. I'm very flatterd with every comment of yours, except maybe your dislike for guys in panties :lol  I'll try to add some fancy pants. then it's about finished, I guess..

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 14 June 2001, 14:55:00 »

Cool pic from me too, Faugar! Love especially the details put in his face, resulting in his thoughtful look!! You never cease to amaze me, Faugar!

P.S. Unfortunately the Resource-server seems a bit slooooow currently. Hope this changes soon.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 June 2001, 14:59:00 »

Cool!

Perhaps the shoulderpads are somewhat overwhelming? :)

Perhaps a engraved ornament along the edges?

I'm speechless. Can't say more. *staring at this guy*

Damn! Great work! His face is just full of life and personality! Argh!

BTW: What is my knight on the horse doing? *hehe* ;)

I have to go. This pic is just too much!

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 June 2001, 10:39:00 »

How bout the Voldarian Coat of Arms done by Koldar? I think it'll do very well as a shoulderpad design and quite appropriate for a soldier of the city! But then again, I've been known to be horribly wrong.... :lol  What do ye think, Master Faugar??

www.santharia.com/picture...voldar.htm

Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 15 June 2001, 13:22:00 »

ahh.. well. I was just about to upload the finished picture, but.... I don't know. it is a rather complicated design.. could take a few days.. a week extra maybe. ;)    
ok let's do it like this: I'll upload what I have so far, post the link here, and then YOU can decide if it needs further improvement, ok?
so it's on the resources page, faugar, picture number 9. it's a veeeeeeeeery slow download though, so I'm not posting the big thing here.
Art - if Dala agrees with the picture, you can use it in the next update.

oops. it looks like I screwed up. the html page seems to distort the picture - Arti, can you be my knight in shining armor as well, and fix it? :)  

until then - use this link free.freespeech.org/santh...ugar/9.jpg

Edited by: Faugar at: 6/14/01 8:36:36 pm
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 June 2001, 14:58:00 »

Magnificent!
Great!

He looks somewhat depressed, though. The armor and sword is very detailed (and as I always argue about a slight cartoonish style in your work: This time everything looks very realistic!)
Now seeing it in a whole the shoulderpads fit better, I'm just wondering if it would be more practical if the shoulderpad of his swordarm is smaller to offer a greater agility when fighting.

What kind of material are his trousers meant to be? It looks oily, metal, don't know, just some confusion but it looks good! (I just can't define what kind of material it is!:) )

His pose seems somewhat unbalanced, however. As if he is leaning against some kind of wall but there are no concrete shadows that would confirm this. I think it's his left leg. It seems to be too lit while everything else there is dark, so I have the feeling it is held in the air. Just my weird impression.

But as you're still working on it I assume there's still lots of finetuning in progress, so: It's just fabulous! :)

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 15 June 2001, 16:29:00 »

thanks. I'm glad you like it - I like the sword the most.
true about the unbalanced thing - I guess I'd have to add some support for his back.

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 June 2001, 21:13:00 »

It's fine with me if you leave his shoulderpads bare :)  I saw the picture and I think it's great! Um, I see the invisible wall effect that Koldar was talking about but it's not too bad. Would be nice to draw Katya sitting next to him so it's like he leaning against his wife for support but I don't want to drive Faugar to a padded cell filled with nice, foamy soft toys so I think the picture is brilliant as it is! I like the expression too, ties in with the tiredness and weariness of the overall feel of a dark day. Does look a little down in the dumps but I prefer to think his expression is one of gravity and sadness, afterall, he is in the middle of a friggin' war ;)  

Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 16 June 2001, 02:25:00 »

hmm.. foamy toys...*drool* ehm. sorry.
no Katya then. as you wish ;)  

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]