Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Picture of a God/Goddess!  (Read 2888 times)
Enayla

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 07 April 2001, 08:43:00 »

All right, here's a picture that won't be popping up on Elfwood, but I thought I'd post it here in case someone has a need for a picture of something I guess looks like a God, or a Goddess (some people claim it's a guy, some that it's a gal - what do I care? ;)  )

(Hope this works)

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 07 April 2001, 10:02:00 »

Many thanx, Enayla, for presenting this exclusive pic:)  We're still in need of some gods, so if you happen to draw similar pics, let us know and we will surely find a way to integrate them. Still thinking where to place him/her.

I've read similar comments on your site about guys/girls-problems, and I guess this is really one of the very few things which eventually could be criticized at your drawings. What do we learn from this? You need a strong MAN on your side, girl, with muscles and such... *grin* Maybe you should try your hand on a warrior or something similar for a change? Question: What do you see in the pic? A God or a Goddess? (I personally see a Goddess in it, mainly because of the lips, and perhaps of the hair too...)

BTW: I noticed that the God/Goddess picture loaded very slow. Just wanted to mention that you can also use webspace reserved for Santharians only, see the Santharian Resource site at www.freespeech.org/santha...ources.htm - at this URL you'll find the FTP details you need for uploading your works. There's also a folder there named "Enayla", reserved exclusively for your pictures (pictures saved there you have increasing numbers). More details about this site can by ready at the mentioned URL.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2001, 23:06:00 »

I rather think it's a female deity as well. The flowing red hair and the full lips. As for the androgynous quality to Enayla's paintings, for me it's not a problem. In fact, I like the fact that the figures in her art retain that basic non-gender specific sensuality. But then I'm a girl and can take stuff like these in my stride ;)   I tend to (is this an over-reaching statement?!) notice that many guys like their women in fantastic art to be overtly women (full breasted and hipped) and the men to be manly, brawny and preferably an Adam's apple bobbing somewhere :)  I don't mean to say that all guys ( I know there's quite a sizeable base of Brian Froud or Alan Lee's male admirers) like the American comic style where all males seems to have abs bursting outta everywhere and the women's chest size is roughly the diameter of Singapore but androgynous, willowy drawn people do seemed to make several guys rather uncomfortable....

Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2001, 07:08:00 »

:lol

"need a strong man.." :lol  
about the picture - I think it's a deity - it's not a human! It's not easy to draw something like that!
oh, and Dala - the women on my pictures don't all look like the "typical" model you described, right?

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 April 2001, 10:23:00 »

No, yours doesn't Faugar :)  I do like the women in your art, especially Tower Guard as mentioned before and Fifth as well! You draw female proportions very nicely, not exaggerated or overly gratuitous!

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 10 April 2001, 11:10:00 »

Back to the picture of Enayla: Could be a picture of Avá, a symbol of armaggedon. However, if this is so, the picture is lacking a teardrop typical for Avá. That possible, Enayla? Drawing a teardrop running down the left cheek of the Goddess? We then could integrate it quite easily, I guess...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Enayla

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 April 2001, 06:17:00 »

I'll see what I can do =)

I've been a bit busy as of late... but I'll do what I can.

A friend in needs a friend indeed,
A friend who’ll tease is better,
Our thoughts compressed,
Which makes us blessed,
And makes for stormy weather.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 24 April 2001, 12:16:00 »

Hey, nice that you drop in, Enayla! - Is that your tiny self on the personal picture, eh? Well, drawing beautiful things obviously has its reason in having beautiful inspirations. And I see you don't have to look any further than the next mirror, so this saves some time... *grin*

Would be really nice, if you could teach our Goddess to cry! And as you're already here: Dalá'Valannía has picked some of your pictures (somewhere at another thread) she will use for some Compendium entries, so I still would need those 3: Vicdaen, Hajieelkhe and Anidae. Ah, yes, and I plan to use Ydheben as Arvin, the Santharian God of the Hunt, so if you have this one at hand somewhere I'd be glad if you could mail it. But just take your time!

Many thanx in advance! Always nice to hear from you;)  

ms Moondancer Mh Voc
« Reply #8 on: 23 July 2001, 11:34:00 »

HTML Comments are not allowed

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 July 2001, 01:16:00 »

I'm repeating myself but errrr... Hmmmmm... HUH?
What are you talking about?

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 24 July 2001, 11:29:00 »

There is obviously a ezBoard problem here... Somehow the posting got distorted and was replaced by an ezBoard error message. I experienced something similar too a while ago.

Drogo
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 August 2001, 10:40:00 »

Perhaps this pic if not all ready in use could be used for a future entry on Lyr'tyan (all mother) the chief goddess of the Kuglimz(the tribes) otherwise known as the "barbarians"

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 15 August 2001, 11:16:00 »

The picture currently isn't in use, but I already have detailed plans about it, Drogo.

As it adorns the startpage of the Flash site this picture is also a representation of Avá. This is intentional. It is a symbol of the apocalypse, which many sects and dark religions fear in Santharia. It shows the Dream of Avá breaking appart at the moment she opens her eyes. I guess it is also a good co-incidence that Enayla herself can't say if it's the picture of a woman or a man. This is what will happen when Avá awakes - she will lose her identity and also her beauty in the end. Hope these are some good arguments to use the pic for Avá.

Drogo
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 August 2001, 13:04:00 »

Very good of course, and besides who can argue with such a wise sage?  I know I cannot.  :)  

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]