Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: New work soon..  (Read 9176 times)
Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« on: 17 August 2001, 11:37:00 »

I started to work on a bunch of character portraits for the www.cotwarlords.com/main.html game, and the good news is that most of them will be pretty suitable for the santharia as well ;)  I'm finishing my first work - an Ork Shaman (which could be used for pretty much any ork description..) - in color.
And I have a veeeery sketchy.. ehm.. sketch for the drawing I promised Koldar (the warrior on the horse) - don't have any ideas for the background yet.. maybe someone could help?

Winlok
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2001, 13:18:00 »

...and it was great! You have a profound influence on santharia, but I better quit, I don't want to upset Koldar. :lol  (BTW Koldar: could I get a link to your homepage, I would like to see your art?)

I wasn't sure what you meant, if it was the orc or the horse rider. You have the orc shaman nearly finished, so I will assume you mean the horse rider. I have yet to see, a rider on a horse, at the top of a hill, sitting in the saddle. While looking down on a thick forest, that stretchs out for miles. You can see the mountains off in the distance, but they are so far away they are obscured by fog. That's my suggestion, and I'm sticking with it. :lol  

Edited by: Winlok at: 8/16/01 9:15:08 pm
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2001, 14:33:00 »

Ha! Great artists are needed everywhere as I see... Hope you get a lot of money for your works, cause you really deserve it! Well, we can only offer you some Maengolth copper coins, but think of the immortal Santharian fame, Faugar! You'll get your virtual statue, that's for sure!! And just do as much work for the "Call of the Warlords", cause this means much work for Santharia too... *haha*

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2001, 15:04:00 »

Thanks for the suggestion, Winlok! I had thought of something very similiar :)

As for the C.o.t.W. work - I will get paid for it, but not really much - it's a small project with limited funds - I'm doing it more for the sake of drawing. And most of it can be used in Santharia! I've always enjoyed working for Santharia, and always will - the gratitude is worth more then money (when they pay you, they don't have to tell you you're good :lol  )
p.s. I finished the orc Shaman pic today. There's no background needed for any of the pictures for C.o.t.W., but I might add some simple background, so it would look better for the Santharia project.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 17 August 2001, 16:09:00 »

Great! Now this is what I call a true artist:)  

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 August 2001, 17:51:00 »

>>...and it was great! You have a profound influence on santharia, but I better quit, I don't want to upset Koldar.  (BTW Koldar: could I get a link to your homepage, I would like to see your art?)<<<

Wait a minute! Wait a minute! What was great? Who was great? Where what was great? Why should I don't get upset? What? Where? Huh? Ahhh.. :lol  

BTW: Because you mention it, Winlok. Interesting. I set up a small gallery today of my 3D-work for some people to look up (currently thinking about a good concept, how to do this Homepage). You can see it at www.goebber-inning.de/Holger/

Hope everything works fine. These are rather old pictures but they'll be replaced by a better homepage sooner or later (later I think).

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 8/29/01 1:47:56 am
Winlok
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 August 2001, 18:17:00 »

Man Koldar, you are your own worst critic. Those are great! So I don't know that much about art. I feel that paint is a type of mascara, and a canvas is another type of hammock. I bookmarked Faugar, Anayla, Aragorn, and now you. I thought those other three were great, does that mean that what I saw was a waste of time? :lol  

Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 17 August 2001, 18:26:00 »

Wow, Koldar! Super cool pictures ("ganz geil" or something in german ;)  ) Awesome work, really. Very dynamic, and great use of light and special effects.

and now for something completely different... :
- feel free to use this simple picture I did 2 days ago, Arti.

Winlok
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 August 2001, 20:56:00 »

And that's just a simple picture. I guess Art, all along you've been getting only good and complex pictures. :lol  

I have a program called Deluxe Paint by EA. (the same EA Sports of get in the game fame)

In it there is a picture called "Celtic". It uses color cycling to animate objects. It takes up a heck of a lot less space then animation, because you don't have to use so many frames. But it has an .lbm file extension, which isn't recognized by a lot of browsers.

Anyways, why I mentioned it, is the moonlight, just along his shoulder reminds me of that picture, only its not moving. Maybe you can see what I see though, eh?

Bueno Pintura! I can't speak German and I can't speak Spanish, but if I had to make a choice it would be Espanol. Course I'm rather good at English, or at least so they say

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 18 August 2001, 04:24:00 »

Yeah, great work, Koldar, no doubt! Maybe we can get your talents to the Sorren game too somehow:)   BTW: Only need the Nyermersys CoA to start with the detailed map on the site, so I hope you can finish this soon...

And nice pic too, Faugar! But we would need to determine where we position people like him - own tribe? Drogo? Could these be barbarians somewhere up north?

Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 18 August 2001, 06:12:00 »

yeah, back then, when I had my Amiga 500 (1MB RAM! :lol  ) I used this program also - and that cycling color palette effect was used in many games (like "Loom")... eh.. those where the days :)  

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 August 2001, 10:34:00 »

Nyermersys-CoA is nearly ready. Prob' is currently my 3d-program that kills my machine over and over again. Didn't find the error, yet, but I'll try to do it ASAP.

BTW: This guy looks like a typical Santerran. Arrogant, noble somewhat darkminded in his appearance..

And now to Faugar: Where is this sketch you and Winlok are talking about? You kept me awake for hours last night searching the sites without finding anything! I want to see it!  

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Drogo
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 August 2001, 10:44:00 »

They definately could be, perhaps a tribe that is a descendent of the slaves of Eckra, or in the towns on the coast above the Celeste Mountains.  

However due to his appearance I would think not necessarily a barbarian, rather an empire based in the Eastern part of Northern Sarvonia on the peninsula area maybe?  I'll look into it some more.  I haven't really checked out all of the maps.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 18 August 2001, 11:43:00 »

Agree with Koldar here: This could be an Aca-Santerran judging from the looks... Do you take him, Koldar?

Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 18 August 2001, 13:01:00 »

sory Koldar, but I haven't seen the sketch either :)  I just happen to know the effect Winlok describes.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]