Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: ..feeling guilty in advance...  (Read 15221 times)
Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« on: 17 December 2001, 12:24:00 »

.. and full of fear of Dala's response to my previous post, I tried to do a portrait of Katya. Face and shoulders type of thing.. Well.

**Image Censored**

after many hours, I must come to the conclusion that.. I failed. I'm sorry. I'm no good. Perhaps if Dala gave me a description, with Katya's favorite color and dress design etc, etc, I might come up with something better. till then - I don't even want to show you what I made :x  

Edited by: Faugar at: 12/16/01 6:25:18 pm
Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2001, 18:33:00 »

but don't despair yet! as I started to work on an image that takes place a moment later (after katya threw the sword into the poor drake's eye) - and it's more of a crop, but Katya AND Lysander pulling her away are both in the picture. the original size is 2000x3000 + pixels, so I think I can manage to draw Katya more detailed ;)
Thanks Koldar for your suggestion, and to the demons of the night, for it is at night that I draw best...

p.s. some might diaprove the slightly 'cartoonish' style of this picture. sorry.
p.p.s. I will upload it as soon as possible - it's black and white line art now, I need to color it.. or matbe not? we'lll see :D  

Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2001, 06:12:00 »

ok - here's what I came up first (can you imagine? ;)  ):

then of course, remembering Dala's description (vaguely), and Koldar's suggestion (very vividly) I did this:

you can see the full picture in the left upper corner, and the 1:1 crop of the faces to the right. Now all I need is Dala's comments and suggestions as to Katya's face and dress, and everybody elses comments as to the whole pic of course :)  I'm counting on you, as I want it to be a good picture!

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 20 December 2001, 07:53:00 »

Faugar, I like the first coloured face very much, somehow I imagined Katja looking just this way when I read the story, strange. I hope the "red" face will look like the first when you have finished it (don't like this one).Can't wait till it is finished :)  

"Don't be pushed by your problems.  Be led by your dreams."

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 December 2001, 08:13:00 »

Wow? What's your problem Faugar? Ah, perfection. :)  The only objection of the face might be that she looks somewhat too old there. More like in her late twenties not seventeen.

But otherwise it is fantastic nevertheless. Just eventually not right fitting to her age in the story, but I think Dala knows best how it should look like.

I like the new composition more than that before. More dynamic. Eventually I'd even integrate the wall of a tower on the right side (make the whole pic wider) but you propably know best what to do.

But I already see the whole scene lightened by the fire of a burning town and smoke anywhere with hard shadows...
but I have to say I like the sketch already very much.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 20 December 2001, 08:47:00 »

good idea about that tower! I think I'll add it. also, I was thinking about some boulders, maybe a catapult and a soldier, in the left corner. and maybe a few dragons in the sky in the distance.

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 20 December 2001, 08:54:00 »

Stunning - the first face is technically better (doh!) but I like the energy in the second (the sketch).  Particularly, the cropped hair which provides that extra sense of motion.

I mean, how many heroines battle dragons with perfectly coifed tresses swirling around them?  OK, in Hollywood and Boris Valjevo pics, but apart from that (grin)....

Hope you keep the spiky, energetic hair.

Regards - Bard Judith

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 20 December 2001, 14:50:00 »

Both pics are nice and if we don't use pic#1 for Katya we might use it for someone else:)   But the pic is a bit cut I guess (not the whole head methinks, hair is cut a bit), so please post the full version if you have one so that we can add it to our resources.

To pic#2: We need to wait for Dalá for her judgement for the Katya-part, but I'd like to emphasize here that the dragon is fantastic!! The dragon alone would serve as a perfect picture for an adamant, I'm sure, and if it would be colored it would be wonderful... Can't wait for the final versions of all your various pics here you've started in this context:)   Great work, Master Faugar!

Santharian Webmaster & Forum Admin

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 12/19/01 9:21:50 pm

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Wren
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 9

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 December 2001, 17:44:00 »

Your not kidding, If Dala doesn't like 1 I have an Elfy monarch that pic would be perfect for!

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 20 December 2001, 18:59:00 »

PIC 1, PIC 1, PIC1 ,PIC1, PIC1

if Dala says it is ok!
-she looks older than 17 there, but she is not a simple girl of 17, but has suffered a lot , has spend a lot of time with the elves and is touched by Ava!

"Don't be pushed by your problems.  Be led by your dreams."

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 20 December 2001, 19:21:00 »

"oh, the suspense.." - to qoute some famous gossip mistress :lol  

Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 December 2001, 19:46:00 »

And if by some chance Wren decides that the top pic is not elfy enough... Tyrajall Greendeath of the Kasumarii needs a face... Hint loudly...

Xarl Bluestride, Archmage of the White Arcana, Master of the Magic Forum, and generally cool guy. All requests are to be written on the back of a ten-dollar bill (or equivelant thereof) placed on a dead ferret, and tossed in the sewer system.
Xarl Bluestride
Owner of the longest sig in Santharia

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 December 2001, 04:38:00 »

I don't know how on santharia I missed out reading on this entire thread!!! Geez, I am blind as a bat!!!! My apologies, Master Faugar! feel free to gouge my eyeballs out with a very blunt spoon if it pleases you!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I LOVE the first pic!!! It's gorgeous and I especially like the way you made her not beautiful because Katya isn't but emphasied the angular, sharp lines of the cheekbones, highlighting the shadows across the planes of the features and the darkness of her eyes. It makes her look determined and strong. I know Katya's description can be vague, not lovely but handsome, but I think you interpreted it wonderfully with your first pic! :D  :D  :D  

The hair looks a little too blonde though, could you make it either 1) more silvery 2) brownish-red which is Katya's original hair colour before the elves put the whammy on her

Otherwise, Perfection!!!!!!! *Dala and her Demon Ducks all hug Faugar with happiness!!!*

The second one has a lot of dramatic quality to it and I like it too but I feel it's a little greedy of me to want both.......?! Can I? Can I?? Have both???

Definately want that first pic as Katya's portrait though!!

Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 22 December 2001, 06:21:00 »

:eek

oh... o..k... I see we have a different opinion as to "handsome vs beautiful"..
I wanted to redo the hair anyway, but.. what about the rest? Is just a face enough? It IS? Oh... good :)

As to doing ONE vs BOTH pics... :rolleyes
well.. I'd have to make hare look similiar on the other picture as well, wouldn't I.. that would be a lot of work, wouldn't it...
we'll see .  .  .

;)  

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 December 2001, 18:18:00 »

One question. There was a picture by Enyala which was used for Katya, is still used for her or was it changed? Just to make things more complicate! ;)  

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]