Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ulvur downtown  (Read 3036 times)
Isilhir
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 07 March 2004, 11:38:00 »

Here's a concept for an Ulvur village for those interested...

Located somewhere deep within the giant, frozen firwoods of north Cyhalloi...

(click on image to enlarge)

------------------
"You can't be a Real Country unless you have A BEER and an airline-it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a BEER."
- F. Zappa

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 3/7/04 12:32
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2004, 13:36:00 »

:jawdrop

Oh dear, holy *beep*!!! :lol

Another absolutely magnificent and stunning work, Isilhir! This looks really splendid in all its details and makes the ulvur very integrated in the whole world of Caelereth, now that we have already a third picture for them, which also shows their way of living in all its facets.

Simply great, Isilhir! Extraordinarily well done!! I'll see to integrate it already this update along with the entry on the ulvur:D

:clap  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2004, 14:20:00 »

wow... fantastic!

Only         when you awake, will you know you fell asleep..          

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2004, 15:42:00 »

Can't see anything, not even a broken link.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2004, 15:51:00 »

Well, it's on the Santharian server - so if you don't see the picture then you probably don't see any other graphics neither, or?

Or try to check out Isilhir's Deviant Gallery, where he posted it as well.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 07 March 2004, 16:11:00 »

Hmm, I have problems with my internet access, not all URLs are showing (in fact I get only a few and the others not :(  ), but I can see my own posted pics.
I try to get with ncftp to the server, maybe this works ;)  

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 07 March 2004, 16:26:00 »

Got it, it is really great! How long do you need to do such a pic? Including first ideas and scetches?

Isilhir
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 March 2004, 16:56:00 »

thank you, thank you...:D

Oh, it depends on my mood and level of inspiration... I made several quick sketches for this one, since I dont often dabble in architecture:p
But once I had a basic design ready, I made the real sketch for the real pic.. I guess it was monday night. I've generally been painting like 5-7 hours everyday since.. Average time for a detailed A3 pic would be somewhere around 2 weeks up to one month, but I hardly rush or paint fast, I take my time and regulary paint for like 2 hours straight, take a break, then paint another couple of hours, then another break, etc... However, when in an experimental mood I can practicly sit and sketch/paint until the next morning, when either the pic is ready or I just drop myself in the bed like a hewed orc...
Then again, as I said, it depends. I dont have school or work or anything so I can basically use my time to do whatever i want however I want;)  
Practises, studies or just good ol doodling both by brush and pencil basically takes up about 25% of my artistic activity;)  

------------------
"You can't be a Real Country unless you have A BEER and an airline-it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a BEER."
- F. Zappa

Lady Tiaa
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 March 2004, 02:48:00 »

.............................................................................................:jawdrop  .............................that is beautiful.........................:worship :worship :worship  

eratinalinfalah

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 March 2004, 14:18:00 »

really nice work that is my favorite of yours(so far) isilhir. really excites the imagination. kudos.

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 08 March 2004, 16:38:00 »

Concept?  What 'concept'?   This is a stunning piece of art and thoroughly executed!  

I'm fascinated by the way the buildings are integrated into the snow-covered trees... and just the atmospheric lighting and unique architecture make me want to know more about this culture and society.  

Yay for the Ulvur!  Keep it up!

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Fluffy Ramblers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 March 2004, 15:22:00 »

*takes his imaginary hat off*
Great work. I always admired artists who can draw/paint such realistic sceneries.

-----
Squee! Narf! For the Cheese!
The ratty story

Teppei Carrion

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 March 2004, 19:42:00 »

Wow:jawdrop

Umm... if there are no objections I'd like to print it off and put it up in my room - I love it that much!:thumbup

Incredible work!

Welcome the darkness
Just to bury away
The broken sorrows And unwanted pains
That torment me night and day

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]