Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: 2 more Faugar pictures: Racial Clamor & Archer Recruiter  (Read 6222 times)
Curgan
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 08 August 2005, 15:44:00 »

I liked the pictures in general. here is my commentary:

Avennorian
I like the background a lot. IMHo however, the city should be more developed. Especially the harbor, since it hosts so much traffic. The anatomy of the man seems a bit odd. He has wuite large torso. The sword of the character lies a bit to low. It should be hanging a bit higer in order to be easy to grasp.  BTW he is quite laughable, reminds me of Erol Flynn in Robin hood

Ylfferhim
No comments. Perfection. I just wonder what lies behing the gate?

Centoraurian
For the landscape I will requote Lucius. The shores of Efirhal Island are quite rough and high. The Island where Milkengrad lies (Efirhal) is separated from mainland due to tectonic movement in the distant past. The bridge is a large construction that extends for about 500 peds, founded in the deeps of the sea (it existed before the city and it is a remnant of an unknown ancient elven civilization-an undeveloped yet background story). Milkengrad is a quite large harbor city by the way and somewhere left of the bridge is the one of it's two harbours. Do not forget to place on top of the acropolis hill the Artapherana, since they are landmarks of the city.
As for the horse, I had the arabian stallions in mind when refering to the Centoraurian horses (I hate real life analogies but it is the only way to visualize my thoughts).
The Centoraurian armor would look like the one king Philip II of Macedon wore (sorry got no pics but I 'll look for some) and their clothing dressing would resemble a mixture that of a greek or roman and a rohirim in the LOTR trilogy. Since the scetch is in a quite early form I can't help myself from extending too much in the feeling of the idea.
In a practical level the scetch's idea is all right just extend the kilt a bit and take care so that a helmet or a cap is added.

PS Faugar, I know that it is hard to describe such things without some photo reference or some general feedback and I hate blabbering. My email is ********************* and I 'm there for any info required. Just send me your mail and I 'll see that I send you some photos for inspiration

Curgan

---------------------------------------------------------------

Daring over our power, risking against prudent advice
and hoping when in trouble
(Thucidides)

Daring over power, risking against prudent advise and hoping when in danger.

Thucidides
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #16 on: 09 August 2005, 12:31:00 »

Now has ezBoard censored Curgan's mail address?? :lol  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Curgan
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 August 2005, 02:37:00 »

Apparently it seems thatr it does well I shall rewrite it with spaces among the words... it is: coritidis (at) hotmail . com  <p><!--EZCODE CENTER START--><div style="text-align:center">Curgan</div><!--EZCODE CENTER END-->
<!--EZCODE CENTER START--><div style="text-align:center">---------------------------------------------------------------</div><!--EZCODE CENTER END-->
<!--EZCODE CENTER START--><div style="text-align:center">Daring over our power, risking against prudent advice
and hoping when in trouble
(Thucidides)</div><!--EZCODE CENTER END--></p>
« Last Edit: 13 February 2010, 18:33:37 by Curgan » Logged

Daring over power, risking against prudent advise and hoping when in danger.

Thucidides
Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 10 August 2005, 04:01:00 »

ok, thanks for the tips. I won't have time to work on anything till the weekend tho. I did finish the Avennorian. will have to mail it some day to Art.

Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 August 2005, 18:28:00 »

Somehow I missed that, that the Avennorian background was Lorehaven.  I don't think that town's been done yet, and I particularly wanted to claim it for a Amanter school there.  Amantry--an industry I am planning to develop for Santharia--is the art of creating dramatic pictures, clothing, jewelry, etc., from feathers.  The ancient Aztecs did this and I thought it would be a neat industry for Santharia.  We don't have to base all our industries on medieval/Renaissance European ones, do we?

Did anyone have a claim to Lorehaven?  If so, please let me include a paragraph about the Amanter school.  If not, I'll gladly take on the town as well.

Alysse the Likely

Alysse the Likely
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #20 on: 11 August 2005, 00:22:00 »

Just a note: I could talk briefly with Wren yesterday (though she's elusive as a piece of wet soap she created, I tell you... :biggrin   ) - and I hope she'll post here in this thread too to give a direct statement on Faugar's picture. Actually she didn't even see my mail from last week in the spam flood of her hotmail account... But she liked the elf very much, that's for sure, and also the flute design. She said she'll also think about descriptions of other elves, but yeah, let's hope at least;)  

@Alysse: Lorehaven is free for taking, yup! Actually I'd be very happy if you could do this town, because it's Manthrian and we have it illustrated - plus it will add some more to our industries and a specific part of the Santharian culture.

Lorehaven was simply chosen for the picture because we searched for an interesting background, and the lighthouse of Lorehaven seemed ideal. But that's basically all we have, not other plans yet. The lighthouse BTW will move closer to the cliff in the final version and it will gain in height:)  

So just go ahead, Alysse! Would be lovely to have another main town of Manthria developed, especially in the west as well, where we don't have that much yet.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 8/10/05 12:38

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]