Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Quellion's Injerín Elf  (Read 7394 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #15 on: 12 September 2005, 12:19:00 »

Yeah, can you try to make a slightly different version the way Faugar suggested, Quellion, and upload it for comparison? I guess as an artist himself he might have the best eye for what needs to change.

Otherwise the picture is very idyllic and extremely detailed as always, right until the bag's design with the leaf-thingy to close it, the tree bark details in the background or the reed at the front - cool lighting as well, once again with this epic touch when you see the background stretching far back until the mountains rise high up:)   - Great work! :clap  

What do you plan next? Guess we have another dwarf available or the Centoraurian guy for disposal.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 9/11/05 20:19

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 September 2005, 14:40:00 »

I love the rich, warm colours!   :clap :clap :clap   Quellion, thank you for this beautiful picture.  It's wonderful to have artists like you (and the others, of course) here in Santharia.:hug

Alysse the Likely

Alysse the Likely
Quellion
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 11

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 September 2005, 04:25:00 »

Ok, I'll upload a different version to compare. Next will be the centoaurian, if it's still free to get :)  

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 13 September 2005, 04:42:00 »

If you do the Centoraurian, Quellion, make sure to read this thread, here Faugar posted a first sketch (in his 3rd post there) and got some comments and suggestions. Check especially Curgan's comment, because he wrote the description of thie tribe.

You're reading this Faugar? If so, please confirm that you'll don't do the Centoraurian as well. Available for now I guess is another dwarf (the Kavorgerim) methinks if you have time for another one.

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 9/12/05 12:50

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #19 on: 13 September 2005, 04:45:00 »

Oh, this is gorgeous!  I love the lighting, of course - and the landscape's drama.

Actually the whole scene has an absorbing emotion, produced by a sense that we are poised at an uncertain cusp of time...is it sunset or sunrise?  Could it be late spring, with the golden highlights on the green leaves, or early fall, with the frost just beginning?  Is the elf's expression one of amusement or frustration?   It's a marvelous juxtaposition which really involves one with the picture.  Bravo!

By the way, Quellion, the bag was my error.  In the first sketch I visually misinterpreted the solid side of the bag, to the right of the picture, for its open top!  I couldn't see how the fish might have slithered out.  Now I'm 'reading' the picture correctly, and it works - sorry about that, and I'm glad you kept your artistic choice intact there.

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Quellion
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 September 2005, 02:34:00 »

Here's the modified version (right), next to the old one (left) for easier comparison :)

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #21 on: 14 September 2005, 04:16:00 »

Yes, I think the right version is indeed better, it's not that extreme as the other one. That ok with everyone?

Grunok the Exile
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #22 on: 14 September 2005, 15:18:00 »

Sorry to be a pain, but I would really like to see the colour on his cheeks blended or lightened  - I don't think it looks natural, whether it is intended as him blushing, or as an effect of the light. If I have missed something as to why it is like that, please let me know, but otherwise, would it be possible to tone it down, Quellion? Does anyone else agree?

The rest of the picture I love!

Grunok's CD

Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14 September 2005, 17:52:00 »

Perhaps just a tiny bit, Grunok, but Injerin Elves are supposed to be quite fair skinned and ruddy cheeked, so Quellion was just following my description.  I figure if you combined that with the lighting effect, it would be a fairly vivid colouration.

However, I think Grunok has a point here--maybe just blend the edges a touch, so the colour is less distinctive  from the surrounding skin?  Ultimately, I guess it's up to you, Quellion, what you want to do with it.  As you know, I already think it's pretty fabulous and feel very flattered to have a picture created to my request. :clap   :hug  

Alysse the Likely

Alysse the Likely
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #24 on: 15 September 2005, 00:37:00 »

Yes, the right version is much better!

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Quellion
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 15 September 2005, 04:04:00 »

Ok, here's the elf after a fast makeup sesion :)

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #26 on: 15 September 2005, 04:09:00 »

Yeah:D  That's it:)  - Can you upload the fullsized version on the Santharian resources server as usual then, Quellion?

Grunok the Exile
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #27 on: 15 September 2005, 04:35:00 »

Yay! Lovely! And thanks for listening despite my avatar :lol  

Grunok's CD

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #28 on: 15 September 2005, 04:41:00 »

Oh yes, Quellion is very gently with want-to-be-artists like you and me ;)  

The face is so nice, that it is a pity one doesn't see it too clearly, even with the big version. Wouldn't it fit for a persons entry?

Oooor, could we use it for Aran's person's entry, for my pic will take some time  till it is finished, I have found a problem in my software which will be fixed only with the next update. The entry could go up then much faster ;)   (Not too fast though, it is too much fun to write it! :lol  )

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 9/14/05 12:42

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Quellion
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 September 2005, 07:22:00 »

XXL version uploaded Artimidor :thumbup  

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]