Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How do i get into doing art for Santharian?  (Read 1957 times)
ScareCr0ws

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 16 May 2006, 09:01:00 »

I picked up an Issue of ImagineFx and it said you guys were looking for more artists, so how does it work? just show you some of my work and see if its good enough?

what happens when Santharian takes over the world and starts selling D&D type books? do the artists get full time jobs? just wondering where the site is going.

Im new to the art world, but i think i have a good enough handle on this to start drawing for people to see... let me know what i can do to be part of the team

thanks

-ScareCrow (Luis)  

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2006, 09:08:00 »

Hello!

:wave

We would dearly like to see some examples of your work....

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
ScareCr0ws

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2006, 09:18:00 »

do i just post it here? most of my stuff is really old so to show you i will probably pick something from your, I dont even know what to call it, im just gonna say from your big online book and draw it as an example.

The dark unicorn sounds fun :)  

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2006, 09:37:00 »

It's called The Compendium, a sort of encyclopedia on caelereth. (welcome by the way!)
We're all eagerly awaiting your work, since the lack of artists is neverending. ( Wouldn't it be great to have art made for every entry?! )

And if we're ever going commercial, i suppose the best, and most willing artists might have some career posibilities with Santharia Inc. :p  

-Words to Worlds-

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2006, 09:39:00 »

Welcome, Scarecrow!  Delighted to see that someone found their way here from the magazine - we were wondering if that would attract artists!

Sure, pick something and try your hand at it.  It doesn't have to be as spectacular as a dark unicorn - we'd love to see even a bowlful of ripe Lýth’bél (Santharian tomatoes) on a table lit by a shaft of sunlight...

Anyhow, please do keep looking around both the Development Board - we have this Artist's Workshop thread where you can both view and post - and around the main site www.santharia.com itself.

Enjoy the world that is about to open before you!

Regards from the bard,
Judith  

Edited by: Bard Judith  at: 5/15/06 17:40

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Smith in Exile
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2006, 10:29:00 »

By "dark unicorn" you mean this?
:D  - I just couldn't resist lol

There is a strange, but working, relationship between writers and artists in Santharia, sometimes their works do relate on purpose (like an artist drawing especially for a written piece, or a writer writing especially for an art-piece), sometimes they don't, they just find themselves, and each other, here :)  So, if you have a portfolio somewhere online, maybe you could share it with us, and then let the inspiration do its work. And you could also try something new, or adapt, or propose... (like that link above :p )

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2006, 11:25:00 »

Smiths unicorn would need a pic....
But we do have a "common" one already which is at least partly black, look here, so maybe try your hands at something else...

And then - the pictures need to be coloured and fitting to what we have on the site already (concerning style - no modern art! ;)  ).

If you would have them online already, a portfolio as Smith said, that would be great, it is easy to do a small website. Otherwise you can scan them in or take a pic with a digicam and send them to me and I upload them for you.
--talia(at)santharia(dot)com

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2006, 11:57:00 »

Hello from me as well!

Edited by: Coren FrozenZephyr at: 5/15/06 19:58

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2006, 12:32:00 »

Hello from me as well, ScareCr0ws!

To briefly answer your first question: Santharia is a completely non-profit project, so every piece of artwork on the site is shared by artists with us. We are explicitely allowed to have these pictures on the site or artists draw pictures for the Dream because they like the idea behind Santharia and the world we're building. The pictures remain property of the artists, and as we do not intend to make money with the site, we have no intention to sell pictures to someone. Should such a possibility be ever taken in consideration, every single artist would have to give his/her consent. But we're not going into a commercial direction, stay assured, that's against the site's intention. We also have no (concrete) plans regarding world domination. :biggrin

That said, some examples of your work would indeed be helpful, because things we put up should fit to the rest in style and quality. You can also send pictures to me if you have no webspace to put things up, use webmaster@santharia.com.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]