Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Help needed building towns in the Santharian Mud  (Read 16802 times)
Tyrian Jadewalker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 03 July 2002, 12:31:00 »

haven't seen the editor yet...just speaking from general knowledge...you are going to need entrances from other parts of the world...unless of course they just decide to toss in teleporters or something

:)

Tyrian Jadewalker

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #16 on: 03 July 2002, 12:46:00 »

This shouldn't be a problem. No teleporters, though!

Contact Artimidor - Webmaster & World Development Admin
The Santharian Dream - Where fantasy dreams come true

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 July 2002, 13:19:00 »

I'd like to help with some descrips... however I'm only knowledged in a few parts of Santharia ( namely my own...) and am confused by the "north-south-east-west" directions...

http://www.klintorth.com/images/misc/vir.gif">
*pokey de Viresse* - character descriptions moderator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 03 July 2002, 14:00:00 »

Just download the .Net thingy and the client first, Viresse, tell me name & password and then you can test it a bit, soon with Judith's Nepris;)  

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Thuja
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 July 2002, 15:52:00 »

Bard Judith, I have e-mailed my thought to you before I saw this.  I would still like to have those couple of things moved a little.

The falls I could describe for you but I am not sure by tomorrow as it is already late night for me now.  The river under the bridge, well can we name it Mossy Rock as I had already a creek here.  My idea is to have this creek enlarged and the major Raven River flowing south from the crystal pool at the bottom of the falls.  Would this be okay?  Could you also let me know if the falls can be moved a little left?

I will check this out first thing in the morning for me and get right on the descriptions if I can get some answers.  I will try to get it done before the afternoon.  Because then I have to take my child to the theater as I promised we would.  Tomorrow is their usual afternoon off and it will be raining so a good time to go.  So please let me know as soon as possible.

"In a place like this, the magic is all around you, the trick is to see it."

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #20 on: 03 July 2002, 22:10:00 »

The creek can flow more east and we will call it Mossy Rock Creek as you like - then the major river can flow south along the base of the Mithril foothills -  works for me.

Please do make it an apple farm, that would be very cool!

Falls should be walkable from the Crazy Woman Pass, I think - you did say that was ok in your last email!

Also could we keep the pines rather than the scrub, as they need something to build houses from and it's an integral part of the description now?  I wrote that before I saw your one entry on the flora of the region, so it was a nice coincidence that I also made the beach a grey pebble shingle!  

So - a bit of compromise on my map and names, and a bit of compromise on the appearance from you - works out ok!

You should have the Nekoma Valley in your mailbox by now, so enjoy having a look at that...

Regards - Judith

P.S.  Oh, and Tyrian!  The entrances to this area are west at the Crazy Woman Pass, which leads to the Nekoma Valley (Chondra map and Marcogg map coming!), north on the coastal road and south on the coastal road.  Since east is nothing but the Adanian Sea, there is currently no entrance possible until we do a sea voyage map!

Edited by: Bard Judith at: 7/3/02 5:12:42 am

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Wren
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 9

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 July 2002, 03:16:00 »

Has thing, has absolutly no idea how to use it!

*Looks for Arti*

Arti explain the nasty puter stuff to me again.....

Contact The Elfy Secretary and Santharia's People Person

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #22 on: 04 July 2002, 04:13:00 »

Did you install the .Net thingy, Wren? After that you need the client. But you need to tell me name and password first, then Nate will add you to the users and you can enter the MUD.

Tyrian Jadewalker
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 July 2002, 07:11:00 »

bard judith - i assumed you had added entrances and such...i was just making mention of it for other people....

is there any way i could get a look at that map??

probly won't be doing anything with it but i would still like a look

:)  

Tyrian Jadewalker

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #24 on: 04 July 2002, 15:18:00 »

Oh Wren, I'm glad I'm not the only idiot here, lol

Art, do I have to invent a password and send it to you and then I can login, or do I have to create one somehow there and tell you what it is?

I have the impression the whole site doesn#t work on a mac,and this exe thing I have to use with the virtual PC anyway, awful!

***Astropic of the day***

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #25 on: 04 July 2002, 16:19:00 »

Just send me mail and password and I'll give it to Nate to add you.

Wilen Cloverheart

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04 July 2002, 21:24:00 »

I'm up for helping, I'm mostly the technical type but can do descriptions given enough time. Map grid layouts, how to get from here to there, adding little cells in the right places, stuff like that..

Will get to downloading and installing things soon (might have a few busy days), can I just dump a user/pass directly over ICQ to Art or Nate when online, figure out any details, stuff like that?

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #27 on: 05 July 2002, 07:58:00 »

Wilen - then could you please take over Nepris and sort it out for me?  I was away all day and just dashed off a rough grid, but I think some areas now don't fit the description exits exactly (I'm sure the bridge is wrong but I'm too tired to fix it.  Also need to change the river name to Mossy Rocks Creek, as the major Raven river goes south from the Ravenwing waterfall pool....

I'll email Artimidor and you that grid, and the coded original map as well.   I'd appreciate someone crosschecking my work, heaps!

And when I start Marcogg, I'll START with a grid instead of doing the artsy map and THEN trying to fix it with a grid (sigh)...

Regards from the Bard....

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Wilen Cloverheart

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05 July 2002, 08:29:00 »

Sure, my email is gaffaz@hotmail.com. That's from way back when Hotmail was non-ms and worthwhile, sigh :rolleyes

It might be till the weekend before I get significant time to work on this, but I'll definitely look it over and see what I can do.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #29 on: 05 July 2002, 11:36:00 »

To Wilen: I've already talked with Goth yesterday about integrating Judith's work, so Goth will integrate Nepris, no need to worry. I've also pointed him to this thread so that he doesn't miss your comments here, Judy. Next village/town/region will be yours then;)  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]