Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: need a little help  (Read 2651 times)
Tyrian Jadewalker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 02 November 2002, 17:43:00 »

well i am trying to get a feel for how development is going on this side and i have a question...

there are several cities in eastern santhala that appear to have no description on the site...Tyr Donion, Tyr Ethran, Kor Mithrid and Chrondra.

Am i just missing the info on the site in the search engine or have these not been developed?

I also found it perplexing that places like Nepris and Parthanul...both of which have been developed for the site and the MUD are not on any map except the one in their description on the site...

any help would be appreciated...

thanks

Tyrian Jadewalker

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 05 November 2002, 15:02:00 »

Yup, exactly. Santharia is a world constantly in development, and in order to generate something unique and never seen before we put in so much detail in single locations as you will very seldom see at other sites. With other words: These places are not developed yet, as elaboration has to take place carefully, there needs to be a plan and a concept behind everything. We just don't shake details out of our sleeves.

As for Parthanul and Nepris: The main map of course only shows the most important towns, and as Parthanul and Nepris are just small villages, they aren't on the main map. But if you take a look at the entries you'll find their exact locations here.

I also would like to emphasize in this respect that Nate's latest idea for Sorren players "develop a region in Santharia, and you get some Sorren credits" was well meant, but - as had to be expected - completely ignored by the Sorren players. It had the same effect as if telling someone "go into the desert and bring me ten gallons of water" and as suspenseful as counting peas. This methode also suggest that you can create in Santharia whatever you want, just take a place on the map, create some rooms and have fun, and simply ignore everything we have elaborated so far on the site. At least this is what the only request I got in this respect suggests, and I can completely understand, why Sorren players get such an impression. As Santharian webmaster I once again see it as my duty to warn here. The development of a great game is only possible, if we we have developers for Santharia, not people who work against the site's initial concept, just to have more rooms. Please correct me if you think that I see things the wrong way.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 11/4/02 9:03:25 pm

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Tyrian Jadewalker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 November 2002, 18:23:00 »

bad mood post...

back to normal person who will no longer post idiotic posts...after this one that is

:)

Tyrian Jadewalker

Edited by: Tyrian Jadewalker at: 11/6/02 11:01:12 pm
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 07 November 2002, 15:47:00 »

The Santharian Dream is a project where many people (writers, artists, musicians, webdesigners, I have to add programmers now for me as well here) work to the bones in order achieve something great. You might have noticed that as you showed up in the Bestiary there was a beasts development flood, so if you complain that your work wasn't commented on, you should know that this is quite normal in a huge world development project as the Santharian Dream. As everybody who is working for Santharia does this voluntarily you can't expect that everything is commented on immediately. And yeah, that's the point: commenting. That's what it is all about. If you'd have taken some time to comment on others work, people sure would have discovered yours, and you'd soon have reached the status of a team member. We get too much one-time contributions, so the key to being a member is to put effort in reading through the site, to comment on others works, not only to contribute something. As you haven't discovered yet that the central parts of Santharia aren't developed, you also probably haven't read that much as would be necessary to know. - I would also like to stress that I contacted you about the spiders to get it finally finished

Quote:
...when the site doesn't even have some of the major cities that are supposed to be added to the MUD developed and is not making a major effort to get these things developed then i see it as the site disregarding the MUD because they simply don't care or don't particularly want to develop that particular city or town...

Aside from the fact that I never heard from Nate to develop Santhala, I tell you what, Tyrian: You know who wants to create a MUD? It's Nate, and it's Nate who has to take care of its development, not the Santharian Dream team. We made an agreement, that the Santharian world we develop can be used to base a MUD upon, nothing more. I put that very clearly to Nate lately, and I repeat that again: The Santharians are here to develop the Santharian world for this site, and they enjoy doing so. The Santharians are not here to develop e.g. rooms for the MUD. If they do so, you can see this as a blessing, as the MUD development team is something Nate has to take care of, based on Santharian descriptions. I emphasize: The Santharian development team is not the MUD development team, but we can prepare things for the MUD development team and shift focus. Please note, that the programming team of Nate is quite small (too small if you want my humble opinion, which isn't much worth, as communication with Nate is extremely rare), and that the MUD development team is not-existing. So where do you expect that the Santharian team will gain its motivation for the MUD? The MUD is not my idea, and I've done (along with Judy) a lot in this direction already.

Also we have started with small villages to see what will happen with them in the MUD. Result: Not satisfying. Developing large cities also requires a lot of work, and yes, we take the time to develop everything in detail. I've also talked with Judy now about focussing on the Mithral region (Mithral Mountains entry is already on the Forum for quite a while, and hope Judy can finally put her finishing touches to it). More development directly for the site will be done in this area. We're here to develop Santharia. We will do development in the direction the MUD would like it to have (elaboarting a special area, bit by bit). But we are not the ones, who will do the MUD development as a matter-of-course. I think you should know that.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Silfer Darkflare
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 November 2002, 17:23:00 »

Excellent post, Art! i have under several occasion begun fearing that Santharia would fall down to a game- good it wont.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]