Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: Room descriptions for the region around Baveras shrine  (Read 21753 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #60 on: 16 July 2003, 12:34:00 »

Okeydokey... Will see what I can do:)  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #61 on: 22 July 2003, 11:29:00 »

Short note here, Talia, as I noticed this upon preparing... You say in room 323:

"And what is fanning (I'd say: arousing) your interest is that there seems not to be a plain rock behind the falling water, but ..well, you can‘t see it properly."

Always be careful with such statements, as they are very specific to a certain situation, in this case: That you don't know what's behind the waterfall, know what I mean? You always have to take into consideration that the player has seen it all already, and now if he looks at this description the text suggests that he hasn't this experience yet...

In certain cases you can put such texts into the introduction (which I did here with a bit of adjustment), then the text is gone, and you don't have the problem that it may re-appear if the player presses LOOK.

BTW, Talia: You made a very nice picture of a girl sometime back then, remember? We didn't have a use for it so far, but maybe we can put her in somewhere as well?

BTW2, Talia: The rooms I'm currently preparing for the next version in your region currently mainly contain the basic things (descriptions, obvious inventory items etc.) This is because I need to go through quests and "special ideas" step by step and I need some time for that. Also some things need to be discussed a bit and definitely need adjustment for the one or the other reason. So for now the rooms are laid out bit by bit while the "special effects" (8) ) will be added later one after the other. Don't worry, these things are not forgotten, they only need some more time, and I'll get to them;)

I have 2 weeks of vacations BTW starting on August 8, so what isn't done until then from my side, will be done then;)  

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 7/21/03 21:24

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #62 on: 22 July 2003, 15:00:00 »

room..true, I forget it sometimes.., I just wanted to give a hint, that something might be behind the falling water, so that the player gets curious, should go into the introduction

Girl? You are thinking of the young woman?She is still deep in the resources somewhere..wanted to make a persons entry about her (Baveras Aid) somewhen - next year oor the year after, LOL

And I thought we could use a part of another pic for the waterfall, Ephirn's lake maybe? Though the description doesn#t match well, but as long as we don't have anything better.

I hope I'll finish the rooms left AND Mimi till the 20th August - then I'm away for over two weeks..La Palma :-)

***Astropic of the day***

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #63 on: 23 July 2003, 12:52:00 »

Well, we could use a Baveras aid in Nepris as well, don't you think, Talia? BTW: I still want to try my hand on a Photoshop rework of your Baveras pic with some water effects, scheduled as well for my vacations. Should I forget, just hit me virtually on my head, Talia!

Waterfall: Hmmm... I remember Quellion's Archer standing in front of such a waterfall. Now it could be that Quellion made the archer on a seperate layer - if so, he might have a whole waterfall nearly done which we could use. Need to ask Quellion. Or - with a bit of copying and pasting of rocks, water, hills etc. - at the enlarged version of the Marcogg pic (like I did now for example to have a picture for the Pinn's Ball location) we perhaps might also get a waterfall... Hmmm... We'll see.

Yup, also hope you can make it till the 20th August, then we'll definitely have a lot to add in the next but one version:D  

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #64 on: 24 July 2003, 11:57:00 »

I've mailed Quellion about the waterfall issue, and he confirmed that the waterfall was done on a seperate layer. Though the waterfall therefore isn't completely finished (as only so much was done to make the archer pic look fine), Quellion said he'll get to finish the waterfall very soon, as it isn't really much work for him;)  - We may also use some boulders in the pics BTW here and there, as big boulders are also part of Talia's room descriptions...

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #65 on: 30 July 2003, 04:21:00 »

The waterfall picture by Quellion has arrived:)  Will be posted this evening!

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #66 on: 30 July 2003, 07:58:00 »

Fine!
I'm trying to finish the last rooms soon.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #67 on: 30 July 2003, 08:03:00 »

Can you add pics to the game when Humangus is away or hasn't anymore time?
I thought I could - when finished Mimi - adapt the Baveras shrine a bit and do some simple trees, an alleyway (?) for the RPG.
And we have to persude one of our artists to do a pic for the Kuatu! Who did this lovely white mouse? Or the comon mouse?

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #68 on: 30 July 2003, 12:07:00 »

Well, once Humangus disappears for his military service, I will see to get the source code of the project so far, so that I can add in things. I assume adding pictures to existing locations is something I can do as well without any difficulties, also adding rooms and items without his help should be feasible.

Adding quests, dialogues and scripts may be much more complicated, and I assume I will leave that to Humangus. But what isn't too much effort can be done from my side, I assume.

The white mouse with Hieronimus Kupfdrubus was done by Ashknight Merridor (Lauren) - she promised to do 4 pieces during summer (small beasts and plants), but as always  with artists who don't appear regularly on the board, I can't say if we'll have any luck here. Also Erelen, who did the field mouse, promised smaller things like an axe etc. a while ago, which didn't happen except for the first sketches. Well, I can't force people to draw or write something... But maybe I can get Jeff to work on a beastie. We'll see.

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #69 on: 30 July 2003, 11:17:00 »

Filename:
room_322_wild_meadow_hidden entrance

Introduction:

Only if coming from the path down the ridge

The trees of the forest  cease and your stony path leads finally into the lovely wild meadow you could admire partly already from above. Now you can see an ocean of swinging green stalks before you which stretch till a baychtree grove some distance away.

Long Description:

The different grasses  growing here are tall , the longest stalks of the alth‘ho reach up to your elbows. Inbetween you can find blue bell-formed like flowers and a taller version of the lotann flower,  with a lot of smaller blooms. The umbels of the hemlock are swinging in the light breeze and the pink flower, called toothbrush by the kids, grows in patches where it seems wetter.  Numerous other smaller flowers are hidden in the grasses, visited by the malise and other insects.
The  path  is now nearly invisible.

The meadow is framed in the north by the dark forest , with a path leading into it. In the west the ridge forms a nearly vertical wall. Looking up , you can‘t see were it ends, but you find only the   *** sky above you.
***dark blue---may I put any the day time concerning description in here, I did it elsewhere already; how  can I describe a place nicely, if I may not say, it is sunny, or it rains?
This wall of stones continues in  the south, but now it is covered with a green climber. Again it bends and vanishes from your sight, but you can hear the thunder of a waterfall.

Art, could you change the colour of 347 from path to forest? The path will lead through the forest, above that it will be just a rocky path so  it is ok as it is.

The climber covering the southern part of the wall is a rare plant, covering it densely, so that no stone is visibly.

EXAMINE 1a: Green Climber

The climber looks somehow weird to you, but you might nevertheless come nearer to examine this natural wall behind it?

The player may want to examine the wall, Mimi will give him a hint somehow..to make it attractive - or you jopin 1a with 1b if you think it is better.

YES/NO

EXAMINE 1b: Green climber

Short Description:

You are on the western end of the wild meadow near Toran‘s Falls.

If the entrance is already open, the player will know it, so no extra description is necessary.

Characters:
None

Static Objects:
Strange climber

Inventory Items:

Special Texts:

Go:
North: Path up the ridge through forest
East: Wild meadow

South: Into cave
 CONDITIONAL :Not unless the player has found his way through the waterfall into the cave first. There he is able to remove parts of the plant from behind to be able to climb through.
Another option could be that a mage or thief (find hidden doors skill)finds the hidden entrance AND is capable to remove the dangerous, poisonous climber without touching it from some peds afar (mage??).

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 8/14/03 17:02

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #70 on: 30 July 2003, 16:44:00 »

Filename:
room_346_pine_forest_near_falls_mossbear

Introduction:

As you enter this part of the forest, you hear strange noises, as if somebody is working here, but no, more like a wild boar is pawing into the ground to be able to wallow itself there (?????), or what beast could make such grunting noises? But as you listen harder, it ceases, and you hear just some birds singing.

Long Description:

This part of the forest isn‘t as dense as those farther north, not only the pinetrees like the Coastal Redwood and the Sahnrix Pine are growing here, but some Baychtrees, some Fragrans Trees and an even an occasional oak. At the southern rim some birches are growing along with a variety of smaller bushes like the Malus with its sour fruits , making the forest impenetrable at this point. Under the trees, it seems to have exactly the right amount of light to allow the silken moss to grow in an unusual abundance, covering the whole ground.

EXAMINE: Silken Moss

Short Description:

You are in the part of pinetree forest where the silken moss grows in abundance.

Characters:
None

Static Objects:
Silken Moss

Inventory Items:

Special Texts:

Here comes the Mossbear, no idea how to write this! Not every time you enter this part of the forest, but with a certain probability  (30%??)The bear isn‘t killed, but runs away, so he can attack later again. No idea, how much experience is gained or endurance lost..

While you are admiring the lovely Silken Moss, you hear a dangerous grunting : A big bear is standing upright on its hint legs and is about to attack you, trying to hit you with its terrible paws.

Go:
North: Deeper into the pinafores
East:  Wild meadow with meldar apple trees
West:  -   not like on the map!  
South: -

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #71 on: 07 August 2003, 14:11:00 »

Filename:
room_347_path_forestmeadow

Introduction:

Long Description:

The path leads here through  trees which are standing fairly wide apart and quite a few  bushes with red berries. Grass covers the ground, but
doesn‘t grow as abundand  as in the meadow near the falls, here the terrain is quite steep, though still comfortable to walk. In the east and the north, the trees grow denser where the pineforest begins. To the west however, the path starts to get really steep and difficult to climb.

EXAMINE: Red berries

Short Description:

You are on the path near the Toran‘s Falls, which leads up the steep slope.

Characters:
None

Static Objects:

Inventory Items:

Red Berries

Special Texts:

Go:
West: Steep Path
North: - (Forest, no way here)
East: Pineforest
South: Meadow near falls

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 8/6/03 23:29

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #72 on: 07 August 2003, 15:33:00 »

Ha! Redberries:D  Cool... another pic to use... Already looking forward to integrate it all soon, Talia;)  

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #73 on: 07 August 2003, 14:58:00 »

Filename:
room_348_climbing_path

Introduction:

Only if entering the path the first time coming from the meadow below

The path, though quite steep, but clearly visible and still good to walk ends quite suddenly. A wall of grey, massive granite blocks your way. But looking closer, you can see, that there are marks on the stone, obviously caused by people climbing up this barrier.

Long Description:

The path is extremely steep here, nearly vertical. Just plain rock without much vegetation can be found , only in the lower part some of the tall trees from the forest below give enough shade to allow some ferns growing in small crevices.  You need both your feet and your hands to master it, and it is very strenuous to walk for a traveller who is not used to such climbing, be it up the slope or down. The stone itself however is the grey granite of the Mithral mountains, hard and rough, and you can rely on your grip, once you found a good one.

Short Description:

You are on the steepest part of the path near Toran's Fall,  climbing is the only way to master this part.

Characters:
None

Static Objects:

Inventory Items:

Special Texts:

The path is here so steep, that some loss in endurance  would be fine. Minchrats could attack, however, fighting is only possible with one hand here, so maybe this could be quite interesting.. What if the player falls down the cliff, if he uses two hands(=loss of health)

For now:

You are nearly at the end of the steep path, when you have to realise, that a massive plain wall is stretching above you. No grip you can lay your hands on. You see some iron hooks in the stone, but they are rusty and you can‘t use them anymore. Unless somebody with the right equipment fixes this, the path in not further accessible.

Go:
East: Path
North:- Path blocked

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 8/6/03 23:01

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #74 on: 09 August 2003, 15:30:00 »

Need some input, before I finish this  

Filename:
room_321_cavern---NOT FINISHED

I thought first, we should give an option to get into the cave with removing the poisonous climber with magic, it is easier however, if the player has to take his way through the waterfall  and I would prefer that.

I have some difficulties with this room, I need two descriptions: One, if the player has no light, and one, if he comes back with a torch(lampstalk).

I don‘t know either, how to tell the player, that he CAN remove this poisonous climber from behind=from the cave side and open an exit/entrance. Maybe the herbwoman or Mimi can show the player the way?

I would need a bit of introduction after the main description, is this possible?

Or better, the introduction is visible when visiting the first time, but NOT the full description??? THAT would be a help! t

Introduction :

Your curiosity is rewarded. Swimming through the waterfall has brought you in a hidden cave.

The cavern is huge. Half of its ground is an extension of the pool outside. This inner pond is gently curved.
Steep , stony, wet walls frame the first part of the pond on both sides. Plants similar to ferns  grow on the walls near the exit, from the ceiling long stems with tiny green leaves seem to grow downwards. On the southern side a small waterfall emerges out of the wall, forming circular ripples on the surface. At the inner end of this mere the ground gets higher, forming a rocky beach.
Looking at the entrance, you see a wide opening with the waterfall acting as a dense veil. However, looking from the inside it is possible to view the meadow and the baychtrees. Some light protrudes the watery veil, but in the middle of the cave, it is quite dark without light source .
However, if you wait a while, your eyes will be used to the darkness and you can see quite a few things. A weird plant is growing on the walls. It resembles in some places an awkward, spindly star, in other is covers greater parts of the wall and ceiling, its colour is difficult to tell, but it seems to have a dark blue. A small opening in the wall on the northern side helps you to see some details better.  This opening is however densely covered with a climber growing outside and allowing only very little light to penetrate the darkness. Moving around the wall from north to west, you are coming to the darkest part of the cave, it seems to be nearly lightless. But something is different here, you sense it more than that you can see it: The ground is even, in contrast to the rest of the cave. Cautiously you touch the wall and find polished stone under your fingers. An even surface with lines carved in it. Just with your hands groping around you find out, that this has to be a kind of entrance, a door. A torch would come in so handy!

Long Description :

Not visible the first time, when the introduction is available!  

The cavern is huge. Half of its ground is an extension of the pool outside. This inner pond is gently curved.
Steep , stony, wet walls frame the first part of the pond on both sides. Plants similar to ferns  grow on the walls near the exit, from the ceiling long stems with tiny green leaves seem to grow downwards. On the southern side a small waterfall emerges out of the wall, forming circular ripples on the surface. At the inner end of this mere the ground gets higher, forming a rocky beach.
Looking at the entrance, you see a wide opening with the waterfall acting as a dense veil. However, looking from the inside it is possible to view the meadow and the baychtrees. Some light protrudes the watery veil, but in the middle of the cave, it is quite dark .
A weird plant is growing on the walls. It resembles in some places an awkward, spindly star, in other is covers greater parts of the wall and ceiling, its colour is difficult to tell, but it seems to have a dark blue. A small opening in the wall on the northern side helps you to see some details better. It is however densely covered with a climber growing outside and allowing only very little light to penetrate the darkness.
In the darkest part of the cave an entrance of some kind, a stony door is situated.

EXAMINE:
Awkward, spindly star plant

Opening in the northern wall:
This could be another entrance to the cave, if only the climber wouldn‘t cover the opening. Could it be possible to remove it? As far as you are able to see it, the hole in the wall leads to a meadow.

Examine : Green climber Have still to write it up (just overview)

Door:
 only with light possible!

In the light of your lampstalk you can grasp now the immense dimension the door has. It is up to five peds high and three wide, with an arch at its top. Two mighty door wings close so tight and accurately, that you are not able to put the blade of your knife  between them. The portal is framed by an archway, about a fore broad, which is heavily carved. However, you don‘t understand, what the carving means, though it looks like there could be something written on the stone. The grey  door wings are  plain, polished and shiny, with an small, silvery looking ornament in the centre. You can‘t see a keyhole. Slowly you are coming to the conclusion, that you have a dwarven masterpiece before your eyes, that the grey stone is the highly polished grey granite of the local Mithral mountains and the silvery inlay the mithral ore.

Short Description:

You are in the cave behind Toran‘s Falls.

Characters:
None

Static Objects:
Sou‘Cald Moss
Green Climber
Door

Inventory Items:

Special Texts:

You have two possibilities to leave the cave:
Take the way back through the waterfall .
Remove the climber, which blocks  your way out of the cave. There may arouse two problems:
Do you know enough about the climber to dare to cut it - it looks quite untouched, this may have a reason.
You need a knife or bigger weapon to cut it, if you haven‘t one, you need to take the way back through the waterfall.

- You have a knife and cut a hole in the climber.

Go:
East: Back through the waterfall
EzCode Parsing Error: color=yellow]  Now, if the player has used some of his stuff to regain energy, he should be able to reach room 323, if he wishes so, if no
[/font]
North: Meadow Only if the player has cut a hole into the climber  
SouthWest: Dwarven Cavern ONLY, if the player has solved several tasks, f.e. the riddle how to get through the door. Explanation later  

[/i]
When the player visits the cavern at a later time, he could meet a nice beast he has to fight  

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 8/8/03 23:35

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]