Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How the game could start  (Read 912 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 05 May 2003, 01:44:00 »

Here are some ideas on how the game could start and what the first quest will be which will get the player into the game. I've noticed BTW that I made a little mistake with putting the Twynor Grasslands east of the Mithral at the map including the names, so I've named the hilly region southeast of the Mithral (where the player starts and will enter Nepris) the Hills of Svanfrill. Hope that's ok. The texts below represent the first texts you see at the adventure, added were item descriptions and what will appear in your quest's log once you do the first steps at the quest.

---

First Adventure Texts

Welcome to a Santharian Tales Adventure
Part I: The Mysteries of Nepris

(c) 2003 by the Santharian Dream team
Programmed by Konstantinos Evgenidis
Legendary Tales: www.legendarytales.com
Visit Santharia: www.santharia.com

Click continue to start your adventure.

(Continue...)

Nepris at last
"Ah, there we are!" You nod to yourself as you finally see smoke rising from the chimneys of a few sturdy houses in the distance. Breathing deeply you let the wet air of a light breeze coming from the Adanian Sea fill your lungs. You can also already hear the waves rolling towards the shore to the east, never ceasing in their endless monotonous rhythm, again and again. Yes, that's Nepris: A small idyllic village located at Mossy Rocks Cove, home of a bunch of simple but hard working fishermen. You've reached your destination.

(Continue...)

It has been quite a long travel from Marcogg to the Mossy Rocks Cove region through the Hills of Svanfrill. Your feet are weary and surely would welcome a bit of rest. Well, anyway, a bit of rest is what you've come here for. At least right after you've managed to deliver this message from the Count to one of the locals. You make a mental note to read the letter again which was given to you to make sure you hand the message to the right person.

A new quest has been added: Deliver Count's Message.

(Continue...)

Hills of Svanfrill (1st room description, long)
You are standing at the northwesternmost elevation of the hilly landscape commonly known as the Hills of Svanfrill. The hills represent th eastern foothills of the great Mithral Mountains to the west and are sandy and mostly covered in sturdy reed grasses and low hardy shrubs. A path leads south over the hills towards Marcogg from where you came from, while to the north you can already see a glimpse of the sturdy houses of Marcogg.

Hills of Svanfrill (1st room description, short)
You are standing at the northwesternmost elevation of the hilly landscape commonly known as the Hills of Svanfrill.

---

Items the player starts with:
- Count's Parchment
- Count's Note

Description Count's Parchment:
The Count's Parchment is in fact a heavy scroll, made of quite expensive material as it seems, endowing it with an official touch. It is sealed with a red wax seal representing the insignias of the Manthrian province, the proud toran eagle circling over a ship. The parchment was given to you by an official of Marcogg to deliver it to one of the locals in Nepris. You remember that you were strictly forbidden to open the scroll or to show it to any other people except for the person specified in the note you've received as well.

Message when trying to open the parchment:
Though you feel a certain temptation to read the contents of the parchment, you eventually decide against it. A broken seal wouldn't look too good when you deliver your message.

Description Count's Note:
The Count's Note is directed to the official who provided you with your mission and reads as follows:

"To Camthour Thamil,
Marcoggian Secretary of Trading Relation.

Dear Camthour!

Now that we've officially agreed on the contract with the fisherfolk of Nepris and the Mitharim dwarves, we should make sure to deliver the final text to both parties to look through it again, so that our good relations will be ensured for the coming years once the contract is signed. Unfortunately the couriers are all in use at important issues currently, but I assume you can handle that - at least we're not transporting any valuables here, just a piece of paper. Pray see that you can find a trustworthy fellow who can deliver it to the merchant Tendrim Kahlof in Nepris as soon as possible. Just make sure that the document reaches its destination undamaged.

Haerem Vannith,
Count of Marcogg"

Quest: Deliver Count's Message

1. Marcogg's Secretary of Trade has given me a parchment to be personally delivered by me to a local in Nepris. Further instructions are to be found in the note he gave me.

2. I've read the note from the Count. It tells me to look for the merchant Tendrim Kahlof and to give the Count's parchment I received, an important trading contract, to him.

3. One of the locals told me that Tendrim can possibly be found in the Pine's Hostel at the northern end of the village.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 5/4/03 12:27:34 pm

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]