Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Possible new member: Steve  (Read 5441 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 22 May 2001, 13:10:00 »

Here are some news of another guy interested in the Santharian cause I'd like to share with you.

Got a mail from Steve yesterday:

"Hey hey,
I just took a look at the site, and I'm lovin the whole idea. I'd like to get involved in some way, as this is one hell of a good idea."

Got another one today after I replied:

"Hey hey,

I just read over most of the page, and I must say my favorite part is the video clip at the beginning. (The ff3 music was a stroke of genius) Any way, as i said, I'd like to help out and now I think I know how. I'd like to work on the bestiary. Some animals and monsters are done really well, but I'd like to see some done more in-depth. The descriptions should be broken down in headings, like: Description, Average size, matting habits, habitat and so on. I'd also like to see more sub classes of each creature broken down. For example, the over view would say Demon and give a little description. The when you click on Demon, all the sub classes, like Fire demon, Ice demon, Arc demon (Just makin' them up) would be shown. If you'd like me to, I'd be more then happy to work on this little aspect of the world. I was also hopping to help relate certain beasts to places on the map, working them into their history, but you guys did such a great job, I don't want to mess with it at all! Hope to get a go ahead from you soon, and become the resident beast buff.

Regards,
Steve"

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2001, 13:34:00 »

Proposed to Steve to do a wolf description perhaps for a start and to show up on the Forum. But here are some comments on his ideas, directed to him.

We always can use support at the Bestiary, because usually we have a lot of pictures there to describe, simply because of the fact that our artists like to draw such pictures:)  So having a Bestiary expert would we quite nice!

Some more in-depth would be great too, but because most parts of the site are still covered by myself, first thing we needed was to expand all sections as far as possible. The Bestiary is already developed quite well, but in case you'd like to elaborate more details on certain beasts this is always welcomed. Elaborating such a scheme as you proposed (Description, Average size, matting habits, habitat and so on) would also be very helpful, especially for further additions, in order to find out more and more useful details about certain creatures.

Sub classes of creatures also is a fine idea. Currently we are mainly describing pictures which already existed. We still don't have enough pictures for sub classes, but in the course of time we surely will get this far that we can introduce sub-classes. If you can work out such classes and add some entries to some sub-species this of course would be quite useful here too;)  We try to accumulate as much information as possible, however, we intend to maintain quality, not only quantity of information.

Map/beasts thing was also something I gave some thought. Many parts of the world are currently drawn, but there are still a lot missing, but planned. Finishing all continents is also something I plan to do as soon as possible (together with finishing the Gods e.g.) Well, I plan to add some more maps at my next vacation, which should be sometime in July, if my boss allows me to stay away from the company for about 14 days. However, I'm working into the direction of placing beasts on maps visually, so this is only a matter of time. Just give me some. Always trying my best, and whenever there are new ideas I'm willing to listen... Let's dream the same dream!

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Torek Ozzot

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2001, 20:01:00 »

Hio all,
I glad to be working on this project and also happy to be one of the few Canadians to be here (Yes I looked at the members board, and intend to be there soon) As for my work, I'll post the wolf stuff tomorrow, then get started on the current bestiary, although in most cases I'll only have to break them down in to categories. I'd also like to ask any artist with pics of animals/monsters/beasts to show them to me. It's easier to make a story for a picture then a picture for a story. And any one working on the history of places, and wants a particular animal associated with your region, be sure to drop me a line, so I can add it to the animals background. Again I'm happy to be working with yall, and to add a little of my own touch to the dream.

Icq 66329531
e-mail stfoote@roadrunner.nf.net

Greybark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2001, 20:06:00 »

I like all of steve's ideas, and think that they will bring even more depth and realism to the site. Welcome!

If you're taking requests, I need a unique sea monster eventually :)

Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2001, 23:05:00 »

Greetings Lord Torek Ozzot.

I hope you have a good time with the team creating a dream of splendour and magnificence<sp?>. I'm sure your additions will give a fine addition to the site. I might have a few requests for you coming soon ;)

Enjoy your stay!

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2001, 00:45:00 »

Hello Torek Ozzot and welcome! Very happy to have fresh meat aboard this carnival of terror where you come in and can never get out again, bwahahahahahahahaHA! Oh sorry, where was I? Oh yes, enjoy your stay here! And don't worry, most of the sharp shiny instruments in Artimidor's office are for show only....mostly.... :)  ....hm, what's that Torek? You want to know why that hatchet hanging opposite Art's portrait that's done by our divine Faugar has dried bloodstains on it? Oh yes, THAT...oh no no no, *L* of course Gean doesn't mind not having a big toe on his right foot!! It was all part of Santharian's initiation ceremony which you will shortly be going through as well! In fact, we will even let you choose which part of your limbs you may like us to cut off, ears, fingers, toes, gouge out an eye or two. Take your pick, we're very flexible here :D  

....what do you mean Art, that I shouldn't scare the new ones away? :lol  

Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2001, 02:22:00 »

:lol
as you can see there are a few... let's say unusual members here.. welcome on board. :)  you wouldn't by any chance also be a very talented artist when it comes to drawing stuff? you realize, someone will have to draw all those species you write about.. ;)  

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2001, 11:45:00 »

Yup, hello and welcome again, Torek! Looking forward to see the wolf!

Just checked Enayla's Elfwood page and discovered 4 beasts which still could be integrated into the Compendium from her:

The Phoenix (other name?) at elfwood.lysator.liu.se/lo...e.jpg.html

The Swan at elfwood.lysator.liu.se/lo...e.jpg.html (well, Enayla states that this is NOT a swan!?)

A mystical bird at elfwood.lysator.liu.se/lo...d.jpg.html

and finally

The Tiger at elfwood.lysator.liu.se/lo...s.jpg.html

If you feel bored maybe one of these would be something for your next description?

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2001, 11:52:00 »

No, Faugar. You draw the stuff and this guy helps me making CoA and city maps! Or do you really think anyone 'normal' would want to do this stuff all on his own? ;)

*hehe*

You see, here is great need for various talents so we expect you to do this all!!!!! ;)

No, happy to have you here. Enjoy the Dream despite the dragons, tigers and what else. (Ask Dala, she knows them all. :b ) But beware before the dark lord in the background: Artimidor Federkiel. MAster of the Web, Dreamer of the Dreams and a workaholic if I've ever seen one. You'll be hardly able to satisfy his hunger for more entries, pics and descriptions for Santharia. So watch out!
;)

*hehe*

Don't take anything serious here despite a warm Welcome! :)

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Xenos Ravenbeack

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2001, 12:04:00 »

/-/giberish-translator-active/-/

...you forgot about the long walks in hard vaccum, and the flesh eating ducks.

anyway, just for notes, 9 out of 10 R'unorian sub-classes will have some sort of venom, venomous spines, venomous fangs, poison sh*t(censored even though it was used in a none profane manner) and there mostly dark coolored, reds and grays mostly.

Have a Nice day...

/-/translator-disengaged/-/

<conection terminated>

Torek Ozzot

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 May 2001, 13:00:00 »

Ok I just started doing up the wolf deal, but would you rather I start off doing sub classes right away, or hold off. If I start doing sub classes I'll make this pic that i got a notheren wolf, and wait for more pics to do other sub classes. If not I'll just make the discription more general. But ether way I'll do a little section for the over view.

Oh yea you can find the pic at elfwood.lysator.liu.se/lo...r.jpg.html  

Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2001, 13:16:00 »

:lol  (to Koldar response)

ahh.. isn't this WOLF pic already in use in some story? All knowing one - you should know? ;)  

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 23 May 2001, 15:13:00 »

Well, I'd say: We currently only have one wolf pic, so at the moment we should make it the picture for the main wolf entry perhaps. The main entry should contain most information on wolves you can accumulate (the more the better of course). However, you can already develop the sub-species of the wolf if you want and I'll make single pages for each type. If more wolf pictures are coming up we can move the main wolf pic to the page of the sub-species etc. Okeydokey?

And yup, the picture is already used at Coór'Efér's chapter 2 about the Battle of Denilou and it is a friend of the human Lortnoc, called Kaa.

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 May 2001, 20:16:00 »

We need more writers as well!!!!!! Me, Art and Greybark are lonely! WRITER, WHERE ART THOU???

(To Xenos's post)
poison sh*t?! :lol  :lol  this gives a whole new meaning to toxic waste!

Edited by: Dala Valannia at: 5/23/01 3:23:42 am
Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2001, 09:12:00 »

I'm trying to write, you're disturbing my concentration with that SHOUTING of yours. >D

And what's the deal with my right big toe? And why did you have to point it on a stick and put it in a gallery for the accidental bypassing new member?!

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]