Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Joining Request  (Read 2462 times)
Erian Melor

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 18 June 2005, 13:42:00 »

I'd like to join the Development Board. I don't know if age is an issue but I'm 17. I should have plenty of ideas to contribute, normally its just a matter of seperating my good ideas from my insane ones. Though they do occassionally coincide. I could proably contribute in each area. Just let me know if you could use another dreamer.

Erian Melor

Edited by: Erian Melor at: 6/17/05 22:19
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2005, 00:27:00 »

Hello and welcome, Erian!

It's weekend, so people are busy with weekend business, so it takes a bit for the welcome comitee to show up;)  Anyway, good to see you on the development side! Age is not an issue, important is that you have imagination and ideas what you want to do, and some time to realize them - write entries, listen to comments and update your stuff etc. So - what have you got in mind for a start? A beast, a plant, a weapon, an artifact? Just let us know and we'll see if that would be feasible:D  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Erian Melor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2005, 08:15:00 »

I have quite a few ideas. One is of a flying horse, and I don't mean Pegasus in Greek mythology. Another is of a race or group of wizards that sought to prolong their lives, they succeeded but their bodies are in various stages of decompsition. I'm not trying to critize, but this world is in the style of J.R.R Tolkien and you have every race except the Ents. I also understand that you're not accepting new races right now, but if you decide to accept a new race then I could develop the Ents. I have quite a few ideas about how to develop them.

Erian Melor

Arancaytar Ilyaran

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2005, 09:28:00 »

Well, we have the Drasil... I think that's pretty close to Ents.

Santharia, a place of world creation and roleplaying.

Erian Melor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2005, 10:17:00 »

So, if I have an idea I can just post it? For example...if I develop a new beast can I post it in the beastiary forum or do I need permission first? Also, can I post in more than one forum or am I limited to just one?

Erian Melor

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 21 June 2005, 10:25:00 »

You might also count the Pendrowe to ent-like beasts, so yeah, we have them covered methinks.

Concerning developing something: You can develop several things at the same time, that's no problem. Usually you also don't really need permission, but especially at your first entries we should make sure that you do things right. So posting a rough idea first here would be good and if we seen no problems with it, then you can progress.

A problem perhaps could be this pegasus-like beast, which isn't really a pegasus as you say yourself, because we need to take care of keeping things probable and realistic, even if its a fantasy world we're developing here (we have e.g. also manticores as mythical in our world). And I guess that could be a problem here. So we'd need more details on what you plan, then we can comment if it's actually doable.

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 6/20/05 18:25

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artemis
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 June 2005, 10:38:00 »

Justan idea that you don't have to take at all, but if you'd like to develop a number of mythical beasts, then I have ten Gods and Goddesses each with their own mythical animal still needing development, of which one, for my High Goddess of Light (Nakashi) is a Pegasus.

Just a passing suggestion, welcome to the dream!

:D  :D :D  

You're supposed to put something really clever and witty in the signature. Well, I am neither clever, nor witty, so this is a waste of space for me really.

Erian Melor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 June 2005, 11:00:00 »

I'd love to develop mythical beasts. Mythology is one of my many passions, I can't count how many books I've read on it. Mythical beasts should be a good place for me to start. Just let me know which Gods and Goddesses need their mythical animals developed, and what their animals are. I'd be happy to develop them for you.

EDIT: Is it okay if I go ahead and develop the Pegasus for the Goddess Nakashi? I was thinking that it should be white with a golden mane and maybe even be partially made of light, the hooves for example could be rays of sunlight. Also, I was thinking either four or six silver wings.

Erian Melor

Edited by: Erian Melor at: 6/20/05 19:15
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 21 June 2005, 11:44:00 »

Just a note: I've been in contact with Mia Bengtsson, a great artist, for  a while, and she confirmed in her last mail a week ago that she'd like to join Santharia. I've provided further details to her on how we integrate stuff etc., but so far I haven't received a final confirmation or membership details. Anyway, chances are good I'd say.

Why do I mention Mia? Because she is great in drawing pegasi - one of the best pictures she did is this one. So in case you want to do such a mythical beast, you might consider referring to this image - though I still have to clarify if we can use it.

Erian Melor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 June 2005, 13:15:00 »

Then I guess you'll be seeing a Pegasus entry in the beastiary forum from me, sometime in the next few days.

Erian Melor

Artemis
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 June 2005, 13:30:00 »

Woohoo!!!

Firstly though- PLEASE read the Nakashi entry upon the site!!!

www.santharia.com/religions/nakashi.htm

Since gold is one of the colours of Nakashi, that Pegasus picture would be perfect!

*Is in awe*

I've also been looking through the other pictures there, and would like to use two others for the symbolic animals of two other Gods...

Polmaen - I will change his original symbolic animal of the "jackal" to this (as yet unnamed) being.

elfwood.lysator.liu.se/ar...1.jpg.html

I think this would be very fitting since then the two couterparts Nakashi and Polmaen will also have symbolic animals which are similar yet entirely different.

Also, Pariya's animal will be this -

elfwood.lysator.liu.se/ar...e.jpg.html

But I want to do that one anyway!

But yeah... just make sure you know the basics of the Aeoliran religion and enjoy writing. I look forward to reading it MUCHLY!

:D  :D  :D  

You're supposed to put something really clever and witty in the signature. Well, I am neither clever, nor witty, so this is a waste of space for me really.

Erian Melor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 June 2005, 13:42:00 »

I already read the entry, I wouldn't be able to do it any justice without doing some research first. So far I'm thinking that the pegasus is golden in color with silver feathers on its wings, only two wings because I was thinking that Nakashi wouldn't have anywhere to sit when she rode the pegasus with more than two. I'd also like to work on an entry for Polmaen's animal, so I can do a better job of making the two contrast each other. And you're right, those are some awesome pictures. Though I have no clue what to name Polmaen's mythical beast.

Erian Melor

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]