Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Getting an apprenticeship  (Read 2485 times)
Melathor

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 14 January 2006, 05:56:00 »

Hello everyone!
Ive been coming here to this site for a few weeks now and first off, i would just like to say, i am amazed at the amount and quality of your work. ive read through a lot of different things here,(still a lot left though) and everything is very creative, and well written. It is a very fascinating place, or world i should say, and one i would be proud to be apart of.
Well ive finally decided that i would very much like to join the dream, and help out around here. so i was wondering if there are any mentors available who are not to busy, and can take me as an apprentice?
So far the bestiary has really caught my eye, so i would not mind making entries for that. I am also interested in the places and tribes sections, although i realize that those are probably advanced, and would best be sought after my apprenticeship. and if the bestiary is full, perhaps some miscellaneous topics like weapons and armor, or books and lore?
i hope ive posted enough info to get a mentor, and start to make some entries, but if not let me know and i will post whatever else i need. I look forward to getting to help out around here, and the Santharian dream is a place i can see myself at for a very long time.:)  

Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 46

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2006, 07:05:00 »

Hello, Melathor,

It sounds like you are willing to contribute, which is a very good thing. I myself became apprentice just yesterday, so obviously I can't be your mentor. There is one thing I would like to point your attention to: in order for you to become an apprentice, you need an ezboard account. It's easiest to just register a global account, so that you have access to all ezboards.

Aside from that: there are many things that can still be added, in every section. So you are also welcome to contribute to the places and to the tribes. In fact, you are welcome to everything, as long as you wish to contribute *grins*

In any case: Welcome to the Dream! May you be as warmly accepted as I have been :)  

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Melathor

View Profile
thx
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2006, 07:48:00 »

Yes i am definatelly willing to contribute, and every topic here looks very interesting.  
I thought i was forgetting something, Thank you so much for letting me know about getting an ezboard account, i had forgotten all about it.;)  And thank you for welcomming me to santharia. it sounds like you are enjoying being here and congratulations on becoming an apprentice.

Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2006, 09:47:00 »

Dear Melathor,

welcome to the Dream. Though I'm as well a humble apprentice, I'll be more than happy to offer you some Kao-kao and warm place by our hearth, perhaps you'd like some Doch Nut cookies with that?

My personal advice: look for a place that you really like but is mainly undeveloped. Let the place go through your mind for a few days, see if you come up with interesting ideas, perhaps animals that would live there, perhaps plants that would grow there, maybe you think of some great architectorial design that would fit perfectly. If you think there are enough details that you might work out, first start on a small entry, like a plant or an animal, and slowly expand your area of interest. In this way, you will both know what you're doing because you work in the same spot, study the material already on the site of this place and add things yourself and you will grow into an expert of a location, at the same time testing your writing abilities with various sorts of entries.

OK, that was quite a mouthful. Above all, enjoy yourself!

040705-110705. My Inspiration.
"I could be bound in a nutshell and still count myself king of infinite space" - Shakespear's Hamlet
Unofficial Typolice of Santharia

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2006, 10:38:00 »

Welcome, Melathor!

I shall have to check what my status is regarding Mentorship.  Personally I spend a lot of time in the Bestiary and Herbarium, so I might be available to comment and support.  I haven't heard anything from my last apprentice in several months... (and no, there is no truth to the rumor that it's because II chained him in the dungeon and only fed him Koeken-chips...)

At any rate, your introductory post contained competent spelling and well-phrased sentences, not to mention courtesy, so I'm sure you will be sought after in short order... Remember that Consistency and Committment are the two C's we prize along with Creativity!

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 14 January 2006, 14:14:00 »

Hello Melathor! :wave

I want to add just one thing, apart what was said already: If you have an idea, do a short summary and ask before you start if this would be ok to develop! That saves time in case you stumbled into something which would not work. and another thing: Main focus of developement is Santharia.
(I'm sure you worked yourself already through the newbie area!)

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
xerampelinae deicida
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 January 2006, 02:13:00 »

Glad you want to be part of this. A word of advice, make whatever you start simple.
Ideas can get much more complicated as they are developed. I know this from experience.

Melathor

View Profile
thx
« Reply #7 on: 15 January 2006, 04:30:00 »

Well thank you all for your welcomes and advise.

;Takes a kao kao offered by gean;

I have thought about it a lot and the Enthronia province interests me, so perhaps i could do some work there. I have also decided on my first entry, a new pig/boar, and took your advise Talia about making a summary for it, and i posted it in the bestiary board. Thanks again for everyones help, and im looking forward to hearing from everyone again in the future.:)

Ohh, and im still looking for a mentor if anyones interested.
;eyes Bard Judith in a hopeful manner;
But completely understand if your to busy.:)

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 15 January 2006, 15:15:00 »

Hello and welcome to the Dream, Melathor!

The most important things have already been said, so here's just a note on the Enthronian province, in case you're interested in a Places entry: There's an entry submission on the Forum, which is only halfway done in this region - the entry on the Ancythrian Sea, started by Chronusian. I've given some comments already there what could be adjusted and improved. Chronusian said he'll finish it in a week, but 5 months have passed in the meantime. So if you feel inspired, this could be an entry you could take over - it's quite an interesting place actually, with such an evil source in its center, and the sea could harbour strange fish and water monsters. You could work on this and continue from there perhaps, having described an important reference point.

That's just a suggestion of course, but it came to my mind as you said you'd like to do something in Enthronia, Melathor:)  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Melathor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 January 2006, 22:41:00 »

Hello Artimidor,

Thank you for the suggestion, that is something  i would definatly like to work on. Ive already got some interesting ideas brewing for it. Im still working on the boar, but this is definately going to be my next project. It will be a nice entry to start to work on some Enthronian places.
A quick question; does anyone know what the climate is like in Enthronia, or where i would look to get information on climates?
Thanks again Artimidor, and i cant wait to get started on it.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 16 January 2006, 02:21:00 »

If you go to the Places menu, select Santharian Kingdom and then Enthronia Province, you see already some entries written for this region. Most of them have their Climate described in an own section, so you should get a good general idea by looking through these entries:)  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Melathor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 January 2006, 04:07:00 »

Ahh, ok. thanks Artimidor, ive found everything i need now to get started.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]