Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Spare some space for yet another dreamdrifter?  (Read 11114 times)
Falen Silendor

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 03 June 2006, 04:54:00 »

Hello there!
*Falen drops from the near by tree he was hanging from quietly….*

I be Falen Silendor, a solitary wandering elf of the north…
  Well, being a solitary character, I am not quite sure on how well I shall fit in or communicate with you other characters here, but I hope to settle in eventually! I am willing to offer anything I can to aid in the development of the Santharia Dream – I once considered myself an artist and to an extent, writer, both to a relatively decent level, however having observed the extensive works already in place, I am doubting my ability heh!
  I am young though – time yet to learn, especially as us elves are immortal but for broken hearts (long live my Dasra) and being slain….which hopefully can wait for the role playing boards instead x.0

Well now that that is said, I am unsure where I am to go, what I am to do, or how to get started really, so any help would be greatly appreciated, pretty please?

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 03 June 2006, 07:30:00 »

Welcome, Dasra!

We shall give you space and time to read through the extensive body of literature we have available - I'd suggest starting with the Newcomers' FAQs, in this forum.  In fact, read all of the sticky topics above to get you off on the right foot.

Then, if you haven't yet discovered the vast and beautiful work that is
the Great Compendium, , click the link and start exploring!  Look at some sample entries.  Read up on the basic history.  Check out the marvelous tribes and clans, and their accompanying illustrations.  Try a receipt or two from the
Dame Sausade's Cookbook and wash it down with a few drinks...

Then come back here and try reading the stickies at the top of each forum, such as the Herbarium and Bestiary 'templates'.  That will give you a good overview of how we expect submissions to be formatted and laid out.  Perhaps you have a concept or creative idea welling up by now?  

Remember that you will have better luck if you try to find an 'empty spot' and fill it than if you have a preformed idea which you are trying to 'wedge in' somewhere.  That is, we prefer you to be inspired by our communal vision and design something uniquely creative 'from scratch' for the world of Caelereth, rather than dragging along a marvelously monstrous brainchild which you then try to 'Santharianize'.    

Hope those suggestions help, and do enjoy the journey ahead. And we are always available; you do not have to walk without guidance or companionship!

Edited by: Bard Judith  at: 6/2/06 15:33

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Falen Silendor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2006, 07:37:00 »

Well actually, Dasra is my dear but distant friend, I am Falen heh! No harm done...

I have been exploring a few hours through the worlds now, and shall be looking at starting some work soon I hope...FAQ's etc have been *mostly* read through now, so I think I'm getting the idea...

Thank you for your help already ^.^

Falethas Whisperwind

Gained Aura: 8

Master of the Endless Winds

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2006, 07:59:00 »

Hello Falen!  Welcome to Santharia!  I am Ysuran, and should you ever take an interest in the languages spoken or the magic practiced here, come and visit!

Epthaeranté á sáh pheranía sáh alyría; ahmantát naithím sá sae'llán styaeyías.
"The rain whispers down through the trees; elvish music will rise in answer."
Falen Silendor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2006, 08:22:00 »

I thank you Ysuran for your welcome - I am indeed and always have been very interested in languages such as Styrásh and other elvish dialects, however I have never found the patience nor the verbal ability to understand it through the net.....maybe one day....*sigh* (ironic, as Falen himself is an elf hmmm?)

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2006, 09:35:00 »

Erhm.. *coughs*

Falen? I might have some bad news for you... Elves may be long-lived, but by no means immortal.

Well, to make up for that bad news, i have a little gift for you.. *hands Falen a strangely jar-shaped package* I advise you do not open it before you know what's inside..

Oh.. and WELCOME!

Miraran Tehuriden..

'What the hell is he doing?!' - Ximaxian Fire Master, last words.

Feed the rats, leave a message!

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Falen Silendor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 June 2006, 09:38:00 »

Well....actually I believe that depends on what you believe and what you have read....within certain kingdoms elves are indeed immortal but for the above listed...I will admit though, that Santharia must not be one of these places ^.^

So....if I am not to open the jar until I know what it contains....how should I find out I wonder...?

Thank you!

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 03 June 2006, 09:41:00 »

Well, thats the fun part! (That, and using it once you've unwrapped it...)

You might get occasional hints, as i tend to use the item thats inside quite regularilly.

Miraran Tehuriden..

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
so orril miesefer
Aspiring Member

Sky tower Apprentice.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 June 2006, 09:45:00 »

Don't Open it!!! Unless you are sucidal... *Glares at Miran* Unless he post something quiet ridiculus in the Magic forum that "thing" must saty away from our New comers.

Welcome, I suggest you throw that thing back to the person that gave it to you... Ha, if you dare to open it, take this *Handle a sharp knife* you'll need it...

What's my magic? My treasure. What's my God? My freedom. My law? the strength and the wind. My mother country the sky So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky master.

What's my magic? is my treasure, What's my god? is my freedom, my law? the strenght and the wind, my mother country is the sky.--- So Orril, Sky Tower apprentice
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 03 June 2006, 09:49:00 »

What? i said dont open the package! not dont open the erh.. you-know-what. I'm in no way suggesting he'd use it on himself you know...

(Oh Orril, aren't you wonderfull... i just KNEW i could count on you to make him even more curious!)

Miraran Tehuriden..

Avrah Kehabhra

Falethas Whisperwind

Gained Aura: 8

Master of the Endless Winds

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 June 2006, 11:22:00 »

Do you know any offensive magicks?  Quilrosh's Fireball?  Rays of Heat?  Static Bolt, even?  If not, I'm sorry, because you'll need them when you open that... *shudders*
Oh, and when you do open it, could you make sure that I'm at least seven or eight miles away? Thanks! *runs off with inhuman speed*  

Edited by: Ysuran Auondril at: 6/2/06 19:23

Epthaeranté á sáh pheranía sáh alyría; ahmantát naithím sá sae'llán styaeyías.
"The rain whispers down through the trees; elvish music will rise in answer."
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 03 June 2006, 12:42:00 »

*rolleyes*
Oh puh-lease people... I told him not to open the wrappings untill he knows what might be inside. By then he'll know how to use the jar as well.....

Miraran Tehuriden..

Avrah Kehabhra

Cronah S Achran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 June 2006, 13:02:00 »

Welcome, i'm kind of a noob myself but that shouldn't mather.
Knowing Miraran you will need this...
* Hands over protective gloves *

Good luck

Cronah S Achran

Stories become real once you read them.

Stories become real once you read them. pet pet pet pet
bussy ohh so bussy, see ya soon
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 June 2006, 14:27:00 »

Drasil walks into the room.  Seeing the jar in the hands of the new comer, he launches an Impale attack at the jar shattering it and allowing the creature to come out.  Quickly switching into the next spell, he tries out Pikel's spell for the first time hoping the Paralze effects will work before it attacks the newcomer.  Breathing a sigh of relief as the target slows and hardens, Drasil turns to the elf.

Never take presents from strangers.  Especially Mira.  Well anyways I'm Drasil, our self-appointed earth magic/weapons apprenitce mainly though I have a tendancy to flit around.  Hope you enjoy your stay here!  If you have any questions or need any help with an entry feel free to Bell-ring or EZmail me as I am on quite frequently.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Falen Silendor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 June 2006, 15:30:00 »

Everything happens when I am not around!!....

Hmmm well I suppose a thank you is in order for Drasil....though I was looking forward to tackling the contents in the future once my knowledge was a little better but nevermind :clap

One thing I should clear up however - I am actually female hehe - Falen is indeed male and is my character throughout many stories, role plays and sites, hence my use of his name for title. I therefore understand confusion and apolagise in advance hehe - I be a silly elfling really....

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]