Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Spare some space for yet another dreamdrifter?  (Read 11116 times)
so orril miesefer
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

Sky tower Apprentice.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 03 June 2006, 16:03:00 »

huh... Drasil, was suposed that she threw it to a newb with little knowledge and big curiousity... Anyways... hold this for me. *Puts a jar in Drasil hands* There... Now don't move, Something bad will happen if you break it and try an spell over it....

What's my magic? My treasure. What's my God? My freedom. My law? the strength and the wind. My mother country the sky So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky master.

What's my magic? is my treasure, What's my god? is my freedom, my law? the strenght and the wind, my mother country is the sky.--- So Orril, Sky Tower apprentice
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 June 2006, 16:07:00 »

Drasil throws the glass jar at Orril, causing it to shatter.  Quickly erecting a shield of stone the earth mage runs away, the faint sounds of his laughter trailing of into the distance.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Falethas Whisperwind

Gained Aura: 8

Master of the Endless Winds

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 June 2006, 18:30:00 »

*Slowly thins his Insubstantial Shield*

Is it safe yet? *Grins at Falen, Drasil, and So Orril*  

Epthaeranté á sáh pheranía sáh alyría; ahmantát naithím sá sae'llán styaeyías.
"The rain whispers down through the trees; elvish music will rise in answer."
so orril miesefer
Aspiring Member

Sky tower Apprentice.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 June 2006, 22:35:00 »

*Foresighting this Orril focused on the jar flying to him, slowly the jar stops in the air, just before hitting and shattering. Orril picks the jar and puts it in the ground*

And that's why any good wind mage must learn Telekinesis. Now... if I can find any of Silfer's Teleport scrolls... Arg... anyways, someday I'll catch you Drasil!!!. *The sound muffles throught the Wall of stone.*

OOC: Drasil, you can't decide if the jar shatters or I counter...

What's my magic? My treasure. What's my God? My freedom. My law? the strength and the wind. My mother country the sky So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky master.

Edited by: so orril miesefer  at: 6/3/06 6:36

What's my magic? is my treasure, What's my god? is my freedom, my law? the strenght and the wind, my mother country is the sky.--- So Orril, Sky Tower apprentice
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #19 on: 04 June 2006, 10:32:00 »

Tsk Tsk.... *sighs*

People just don't trust me. Anyway.. *picks up the paralised vine seedling (can you even paralyse plants?), scoops up the spilled soil, and puts it back into a fresh jar.*

This is a Strangling Vine jar. Break the jar, and the vine will grow at enormous speed, immobilising anything it might have hit. Not to worry though, the soil provided doesn't last long enough to allow it to actually kill a member of the bigger races, but Brownies, Hobbits, Gnomes and Dwarves may be endangered by it. *hands Falen the jar*

There.. may it be a gift well-used one day.

Miraran Tehuriden

(Ps; Drasil, thats some rude rp there, launching multiple spells and actions without allowing for responces.)

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Falen Silendor

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 June 2006, 10:41:00 »

*Falen grins as he takes the jar*

Thank you...my friend? nice to know some are willing tolend a hand :crazy  

Falen Silendor

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 June 2006, 13:49:00 »

Well...it seems to have taken some time but I have got a link to an online album of some of my art work....

As I told Art, most of these are out-dated, incomplete and bad scans, but hopefully I will improve existing and add to in time, including work for Santharia itself I hope!

So here it is:

s60.photobucket.com/album...oth_Dream/

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 32

Dalá'isyrás

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #22 on: 09 June 2006, 13:55:00 »

OH! I like the phoenix at the bottom of the page (last picture) Vibrantly colored and flowing. ^.^

www.p081.ezboard.com/fthesantharianrpgboard83.showMessage?topicID=259.topic" target="_blank">

The Santharian Dream ~ Role Playing Basics
Character Creation Guide ~ Restrictions and Age Calculator

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Draconic Development Schedule
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #23 on: 09 June 2006, 14:01:00 »

You definitely are showing talent! At some pics you should have been a bit more patient when finishing them, they show a  like they are done in a haste in the end, but on that you could improve. However, none of this fits on the site in style (all the pencil sketches we still have will be replaced), but maybe you can try your hand on other media, must not be photoshop. Just look at Ishilirs pics f.e.
And you have all the time you need!

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Falen Silendor

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 June 2006, 14:12:00 »

Yes I admit I am not one to harbour time over things, unless they have a specific purpose or are intended for others viewing....however, as anything for Santharia would be, I shall be sure to slow down....

I seem to have a small problem in terms of media however....I am 15yrs old and have no time to have a side time job, therefore I do not have money spare (due to any I have being spent on necessities such as transport and animal care...)in order to access decent media's such as paint and pastels and quality papers/canvas etc, hence my use of pencil and sketch paper alone....I do have photoshop but am hopeless no matter how long I attempt...

Any hints...?

Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09 June 2006, 14:18:00 »

ack sorry for the bad RP Orril.  Drasil was a bit tired and was a bit out of practice.

Mira, In my post I only do a series of spells to provide basic actions.  Counter attack and escape.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #26 on: 09 June 2006, 14:32:00 »

Already told you basically what Talia also said: Talent is clearly visible, Falen, for example the eagle looks great even as sketch - but we'd need coloured pictures to fit to the rest of the site in style. Some Photoshop tutorials can be found in the Workshop section of the site (second menu part), but don't know if you'll become a good Photoshop artist overnight... - Well, you might try e.g. sketching something first and then colour it with Photoshop and learn in the process, it's basically all a training issue. Something easy would be recommended to draw for a start (a plant, a sword, a ring etc.)

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
so orril miesefer
Aspiring Member

Sky tower Apprentice.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 June 2006, 18:45:00 »

Very good!!! I liked them, my sugestion: Dothem in withe and black when you scan them and in the computer colorize them using hue/saturation appliance in any good image program (Fireworks is very goo for that)

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #28 on: 09 June 2006, 19:50:00 »

Great start, indeed!  You have a gift for shape and shadow that I can only envy (primarily a colourist here), and it is a shame that financial considerations limit you.

I sympathize, as I could wish for a tablet rather than a mouse, and more sophisticated graphics programs than Paint and PhotoImpression, but an image that wants to be out, will out, notwithstanding!  I've worked to teach myself digital image-making over the last four or five years, and any improvements I've made to my art have been because of this site and Artimidor's patient encouragement.  

Let me likewise encourage you:  take one of your sketches, build up layers over it in Photoshop, and start playing/ experimenting/ painting/ texturing ... you will learn EVERY time you do a new artwork.  Submit it here for critique - even if it doesn't make it onto the site, you'll get helpful ideas and comments - or simply post a link so we can come see it.   True artistic talent will not be denied even by poverty!

Hugs,
Bard Judith

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

so orril miesefer
Aspiring Member

Sky tower Apprentice.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09 June 2006, 22:41:00 »

Fireworks isn't expensive... Really, I bought the Macromedia Suit for 10 dollars... it included Fireworks, Flash, Freehand and Dreamweaver (though I just know how to use Fireworks and Flash) and Fireworks is very good to colorize...

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]