Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Site Update 28-04-2002  (Read 2233 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 29 April 2002, 14:31:00 »

Site was updated, this time featuring the long overdue splitting of the Bestiary menu to Bestiary/Herbarium. I plan also to split the Religions menu to Religions and Cosmology & Mythology, which means that one of the lesser frequented menus will have to move down to the next menu, which can either be the languages menu or the library. Logical would be the library (as all world development things are then in one menu). Let me know if this sounds ok to you.

I've also put up all Thergerim vocabulary posted at the Forum, and some of the Styrásh vocabulary, but there's still a large part to update and it's extremely time consuming. However, at May 1st  I have a day off and will try to put up the rest - so stay tuned, Thuja;)

I've also implemented Koldar's anchor-linking idea (see at some of the new entries), added a marble background on top and a seperating line which I think looks quite fine. Well, let me know if you like it. Also will put pictures not always on top of the entries in the future but to the section within the entry where they belong (CoA to the CoA description, portrait at the second paragraph etc.) Guess this looks better as the pic and the table on top then aren't optically conflicting.

Contact Artimidor - Webmaster & World Development Admin
The Santharian Dream - Where fantasy dreams come true

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Viresse
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2002, 00:24:00 »

Uh, I've got a Hounds of the Paeleon Picture, as well as a Gaulivan picture for my entries, Arti. Where should I send them?

Viresse Sheelala

*pokey de Viresse* - character descriptions moderator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 April 2002, 00:28:00 »

Looks fine, Art and with the pictures as well. Only thing missing, you most supposedly know off is that there's no back button or something.
Beside that maybe the top acnhors should have a different volor than the rest of the links to stand off the text. Currently they merge too good into the grey so people might overlook them. It would also Emphasize the title bar of the entry.
Just some ideas...
Beside that, great! :)  

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster ;)--

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2002, 07:59:00 »

Mac fonts for me!!!!

***Astropic of the day***

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2002, 11:52:00 »

To Koldar: Well, click on the link leading to the subsection and press the BACKSPACE key to return to the top immediately:)  Or search for the Top link. Well, maybe we can make that Top link a small picture? This would be best I assume... Will try to find something appropriate. Changing the color of the top links is a problem. Currently when mouseover you'll see the links highlight. If I change the color the highlight effect will not work anymore, only the underline will work, but this doesn't look too good anymore, so I guess the best solution is to keep it that way.

To Talia: I don't know how the Mac fonts are working - Shareed provided them. So please test them, Talia, and let me know if they work. Shareed said that the fonts don't show up on the site and I can't say how this could be changed. I personally think that they won't show up only if the font name was changed... Hmmm... Well, mayhaps one of you Mac users can investigate a bit more in the matter. I hope at least that the fonts work in Word and other programs.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Kiushapo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2002, 12:05:00 »

Actually the styrash fonts do show up on the site for me (shareed here) it's the theregerim font that doesn't. My idea for changing the name was wrong, there is no need to do that. Also (for me) the styrash fonts work in Word, but not the thergerim. The thergerim only works in OS X (which is the latest system).

So to sum it up, the styrash fonts work everywhere OS 9 and X and the thergerim only works in X

Again, that's only on my computer

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be greater magic then I have ever been seeing!

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 30 April 2002, 12:22:00 »

Sounds good, however, Shareed! At least it partly works:)  Are you sure the Thergerim font wasn't renamed somehow?

Kiushapo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 April 2002, 12:48:00 »

I'll check it out, but I'm pretty sure the name wasn't changed

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be greater magic then I have ever been seeing!

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 01 May 2002, 07:40:00 »

Amazing work, Art!

I LOVE the subdivision used on the Deities.  Guess you'll have to send me that template and maybe I can figure out how to set up the rest of the 12 for you....

I don't think the colours are too dim....for example, the [TOP] link is just right on my computer (which often displays very dark).  Any brighter and it would distract from the text... which to me is the most important!   I also like the little fading line under the main title and the font you used for the subheadings.  Stunning.....

Also, thanks - entire swimming pools worth of thanks - for subdividing the Bestiary and Herbarium.   Lemme send you a better graphic for that, though...perhaps the clowen blossom or something a bit different in colour from the green goblin face right next to it?   Also if you need any other small buttons or graphics, let me know...

Bravo!  (toasts Art in a cup of Artiwine)

Regards from the Bard

“The three principal endeavors of a Bard are to learn and collect knowledge; to teach others; to make peace and put an end to all injury. To do contrary to these things is not usual or becoming to a Bard.”  
The Triads of Britain, medieval text

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 01 May 2002, 12:32:00 »

Well, I need two more icons very soon, cause I want to do the new menus all together: One for "Cosmology & Myths" (maybe simply a moon sickle) and one for "Music" (maybe two music notes)?

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 01 May 2002, 14:40:00 »

Ahh, I have version OS 8.6, I know I'm outdated, poor Johanna, has to allow me to use her iMac...

***Astropic of the day***

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 02 May 2002, 07:16:00 »

Just wanted to inform you that all Thergerim and Styrásh vocabulary currently existing was uploaded on the site and that all the new vocabulary threads in the Languages Forum were cleared (I still have some questions to Bard Judith and Wren, see there). So feel free to add new vocabulary there.

I've also just substituted the link TOP at the end of the sections with a small arrow (at all entries which have the new page header). Hope you like that as well.

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 5/1/02 4:09:30 pm

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]