Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Inauguration of Marvin Cerambit to Full Membership  (Read 10110 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 13 March 2006, 02:41:00 »

Once again the Great Hall of the Compendium in the New-Santhalan castle is decorated with all kinds of flags, garlands and what not, sweets and refreshments fill the table of the banquet table, and the many voices that can be heard chattering all over the place make it obvious that another occasion of festivity has finally arrived.

As the sage Artimidor -you know the guy in this strange ceremonial ruff - can be seen approaching the dais, the loud chattering changes first into a mumbling, then finally it the talking ceases without Artimidor even having to utter a single word.

Noticing the suspense he smiles and then addresses the crowd: "Seems you already know the procedure then?" Hearty laughter greets the sage from below. "Well, then, let's just mention the basics: We're here to honour another contributer to the Compendium, who has helped to make our work better - be it by commenting on the RPG Board, by giving advice to other contributers, especially regarding the development of spells, or by writing entries himself. After our first offical orcish Compendium contributer Grunok we are pleased to make another Gob-Oc a member of the team. - Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Marvin Cerambit!"

He points to a curtain, where only a few months ago Grunok has shown up and has become the first orcish Compendium writer.

Artimidor then makes a side note to the audience: "Let's hope he has left his warg at home!"

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 46

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2006, 08:30:00 »

Irid is the first to start clapping after the sage's words. She grins at his little joke. Although she herself has only seen Marvin a few times, and doesn't know him personally, she wishes him all the best in his new function of official Compendium writer. She hopes that one day she may stand behind the curtain and be hailed as a new official member.

Marvin, congratulations with your promotion, she thinks to herself. She must remember to tell him that if she should see him alone. For now, she joins in the general praise.

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 13 March 2006, 09:20:00 »

This time Talia is not late. While waiting for Artimidor to arrive she smoothens out non existing folding on her new blue sleeveless tunic and admires her white Silken Shendar trouser. Why can‘t be such events more often where soft cloth is allowed to caress your body? Even Swing seemed to have noticed this morning the difference to the normal toccon ones. When the sage arrives she joins the applause of the waiting guests.

“I do hope he left his warg at home, thought I doubt it, and I do hope Artimidor has persuaded him to wear some new clothes,“ she whispers to Irid who is standing next to her. Talia is impatient and hopes Marvin will come soon, for she is hungry and the good things which wait on the tables along the  walls smell so deliciously. She wonders, if this time they have a special „dish“ as well as last time when Grunok was inaugurated...

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
so orril miesefer
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

Sky tower Apprentice.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2006, 11:32:00 »

As te curtain opens Orril claps with the other members:
--- One day I will be behinde the curtain... or at least I wish so --- said for himself.

--- ¡Congrats Marvin! --- Shout Orril over the aplauses.

What's my magic? is my treasure, What's my god? is my freedom, my law? the strenght and the wind, my mother country is the sky.--- So Orril, Sky Tower apprentice
Dagon Fai Ur
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2006, 12:02:00 »

:clap

"Congrats Marvin!" Dagon shouts, trying to follow Orril's idea.

-*Dagon Fai'Ur*-

Forgotten One
Reborn in the Light

Marvin Cerambit
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 March 2006, 12:38:00 »

Right, member... I was kinda busy with RL lately (and CD-checking when dropping by). Let’s see, title... Uon’kh’al’on could work, since that what I plan for Marvin to be, but as I’ll be mostly busy with the Ximaxian (fire) magic something along those lines would be more preferable. Maybe something like Archmage of Fire? But then I wouldn’t have the orcish connection... Archmage of the Red Tower? Probably too long. And maybe the archmage thing is too pretentious anyway. Hmm. *thinks*

Marvin stood waiting behind the curtain, wargless and leaning on his walking stick. Talia didn’t need to worry about hygiene. Today he had actually bathed and he was wearing brand new clothes. He’d finally made a visit to that tailor Grunok had told him about a week ago. And now that he was standing bathed and in fresh clothing for the first time since... long he started to think he might actually get used to be clean.

As there was suspense all around, the orc stayed rather calm. He’d never been one to get extremely excited about these kind of things and he’d been a bit of an unofficial member for a while, so the only big change would be his brand new title. Still, he couldn’t claim that he was completely unmoved when he stepped from behind the curtain after Arti announced him. Applause and cheering was always fun to receive.

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~

Vylias
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 March 2006, 12:49:00 »

Vylias stands back from the crowd, but claps enthuastically, always happy to see someone who truly deserves reward being recognaized. Though she is still new she has heard of and seen that Marvin has done many things.

"Congratulations, " she whispers and smiles as she looks up at the stage.  

Silfer Darkflare
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 March 2006, 12:55:00 »

Hmm.. orcs and magic... Magical Orc-hitect? ;)  Orcish Spellbinder?

Silfer waits with the others, awaiting this talented new member. His help in the magic department has not gone unnoticed, but been much appreciated.  

Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 March 2006, 15:05:00 »

With quiet facination, Nsiki studied the goblin. Something about Orcs facinated Nsiki. Mabye it was thier primal nature, or thier connection to the primitive elements... or mabye it was thier ability to break all the sterotypes. Nsiki walked towards Marvin, gift in hand. "Though I have not met you in person, Sir Marvin, may I present you with this gift?" He proofered a scroll to the Orc, a composition telling a story about the first Orc wizard. "Now," challenged Nsiki, "Perhaps an arm-wrestle?"

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Lucius Helvil
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2006, 15:06:00 »

Well good job on the achivement! :clap  :pet  

Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 March 2006, 16:14:00 »

Something short 'n simple perhaps? Warg Tamer? Fire Mage? Kindler Extraordinaire? But congratulations anyway :thumbup

"I lost it, I lost it, where in Foiros' name did I put it?" The historian eagerly rummaged through his paperwork but could not find the little sketch he had made a few days ago. Sighing heavily he rested his chin on his hands. "Back to the drawing board then I suppose"

"Lackey! Notify the ceremony leader that I'll be delayed, but make sure to hand over this note to our newest compendiumist."

Quote:
Dear Master Cerambit,

congratulations on your recent promotions. I've heard your merits were mainly outside my field in the magic department, but your Wargness has gained a reputation here nevertheless. I hope you enjoy the party and continue to share your dreams with us for a long time! I'll join you as soon... well as soon as I've finished this little something for you.

040705-110705. My Inspiration.
"I could be bound in a nutshell and still count myself king of infinite space" - Shakespear's Hamlet
Unofficial Typolice of Santharia

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 13 March 2006, 17:09:00 »

Finally Marvin has stepped before the curtain. Talia has to look twice before she can believe what her eyes see: He is dressed in a most noble manner, well, maybe not noble, but the clothes are not just new but suit him! No, that was not Arti's work, he would just have put the poor goblin in anything new - maybe Grunok had his hands in there?  

Talia knows Marvin already, though not as well as others. She has met him occasionally and already studied his masterwork, truly an essay worth reading. She moves through the crowd towards him till she is near enough to be able to congratulate him.

“Sir Marvin, congratulations to you. You have been well aquainted to the Library already, but it is nevertheless nice to see the own work acknowledged before all, isn‘t it so? I hope you will write some more about the orcish way of life in the future, it is so much more interesting than those spells I don‘t understand.“ she smiles at him.  “ I have a special present here for you, one which might help you when travelling - or fighting evil guest in the Thirsty Herald.“
Talia gives him a parcel, more of the smaller kind, and smiles (a bit shyly). “ You might not recognise it immediately;“ she pauses for a second, “ It is a bane whip , a special one which you can‘t acquire easily, for it is made out of the skin of the ráhaz-estár. That is a special Shendar weapon, used for centuries, but Vylias described it only recently for the compendium. I will teach you how to use it.  And you have the approval of a Shendar-admin to use it wherever you seem it fit.“
Then she bends down to hug him, still an unusual feeling - for who has ever hugged an orc  in friendship before Grunok appeared in New Santhala?

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 March 2006, 21:07:00 »

Alysse approaches Marvin to offer her congratulations as well.  Since they have assisted each other on some Compendium work, she knows him enough to offer an orcish greeting, managing a credible orcish snarl in spite of her human throat.  "K'uon'u, Ashz Marvin!".  She embraces him enthusiastically and gives him her present--a beautifully crafted leather belt in the Kuglimz style, with various sheath attachments into which she has placed writing tools designed to fit the larger, heavier hands of a orc.  She knows that both Marvin and Grunok 's strong hands have broken the thin quills and small pencils used by most human or elven scribes and hopes these will help. "I am glad for you and hope soon to work again with you, Marvin.  F'ash too sends his greetings and says to your success he will drink heartily!"  she says (in Tharian) before moving on for the next person to offer congratulations.

Alysse the Likely

Alysse the Likely
Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 March 2006, 01:01:00 »

A few days before the Inauguration of Marvin Cerambit, the Housedragon received an invitation to this illustrious event in the mail.

"Another lamb to the slaughter," she cackled most becomingly as she read. "Santharia's been short of blood sacrifices to the Altar of the Great and Terrible Arti lately. Good, good. This Marvin Cerambit sounds nice and plump."

Looking into her wardrobe, she selected the least looking wrinkled gown, packed it, and after a brief look in the mirror, she bemoaned the fact that she's having a bad hair day (although they're all bad hair days).

"Now, where is New-Santhalan castle?" Dala mumbles to herself as she started walking. The map she had printed from the main site was very pretty but useless since it's all in black and white and the little mountains looked like little wave bobbing on the parchment. "Oh well, I'll just walk and see what happens. Since I'm not a man, I can easily ask for directions without a blow to my dignity."

The first day she walked. The second day she walked somemore. The third day she walked a lot more. And suddenly she chanced on a drafty looking house and remembered this is the abode of Faugar the Santhartist.

"Ah, I'll pick him up. Might as well. And maybe get him to shave that beard too." The Housedragon decided.

Knocking on the door with a masterful knock, she shouted, 'Faugar, get your skinny @%# out here! We're going to a party!"

From inside the house, she heard a pitiful little moan drifting. "Nooooo. I don't want to go. Leave me alone...it's a scary world out there with wargs and orcs and barbarians and thingies and Arti."

Hm, this calls for drastic measures, the Housedragon thought. And so, she lifted one leg and with a loud 'HAAAAAAAAIYEEEEEE!!!!', she kungfu-ed the door of Faugar's house to pieces with one well-aimed kick.

Marching towards the cowering Faugar, she lifted him, folded him into her luggage and said, "We're going and that's that! You'll have fun!"

With the groaning Santhartist in tow, they walked really a lot until finally they saw New-Santhalan castle in the near distance.

Reaching the great gates and into the banquet room where the Inauguration was being held, the sounds of merriment coming from the chamber confirming that some of the Santharians were already there and probably cheering Artimidor on to perform his famous Pole-Dance, Dala Valannia and Faugar burst into the room and Dala yelled, "We're here, we're here!!!! And I brought Faugar!!!"

After which, a great flood of little black fluffy ducks with little horns on their heads and wicked fangs in their beaks ran out from Dala's luggage and waddled their way to the dais and started pecking Marvin and Artimidor.

"No, no! Wait until after the Inauguration! The sacrifice isn't until the food's finished!" Dala hissed as she shoved one quacking demon duck back into her large suitcase.

Capher
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 5

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 March 2006, 09:46:00 »

Capher flying high in the sky overhead hears all of the commotion below in the castle of the New-Santhla and decides to investigate.  After landing behind a grove of trees, he changes into his old human self and walks into the castle.

Here he hears more merriment and walks through the open door.  He stops and smiles, Ah, an inaugaration ceremony.  He had missed the others and was glad he came to this one.  Another orc was being inducted.  He had heard about the first one, a Grunok but was curious about this one.

He looked about and saw his dear cousin, Dala, with her demon ducks, no doubt, and then there was Talia, and Irid and Fauger, who looked liked he did not want to be there. He saw Alyeese too. She seemed to be in a family way.  So many friends that he had lost touch with and some here he did not know as well.  They were all clapping But now that he was he was clapping too.:clap   Capher joined in and finally saw the guest of honor standing next to Artimidor.

Fine looking orc, Capher thought.  Should be a great addition to the Santharian Court.

Capher walked up to the newest member of the court, giving nods to the male members and brief kisses upon the cheeks to the female ones. "Sir Marvin, I speak not your language, but let me offer my congratulations, and best wishes on becoming a member of the Santharian Court."  Capher said, with out stretched hand. "It is meant to be shaken, not eaten." Capher said smiling.

Capher.

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]