Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Terirais (Comments!!?)  (Read 1586 times)
Lady Tiaa
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 05 January 2004, 05:14:00 »

Categorization
Edible Plant

Basic Overview of the Plant
The Terirais is named after the Tiraelhon Dietrae, Terira, the Goddess of Curiosity and Nature. The Terirais is a favorite fruit of the Tiraelhon that is often used for flavoring because it has a sour taste when eaten alone and it becomes sweet when mixed with high amounts of water.

Description
The Terirais is a small lime colored fruit, that is round and has a small dent at the top where it is pulled from the branch. It grows from the limbs of short trees with bitter, brown bark. A high majority of these trees have exactly four limbs that fan out in various directions. At the ends of the branches are wide green leaves, which shield the sour fruits from the desert sun's brutality. These leaves usually curl in and cup four-five terirais fruits within them. The plants don‘t need fertile ground, just enough water. Therefore it grows very deep roots in order to reach out for the water, if they are not planted near any irrigation ditches. The trees often reach out to be about 2 peds and the limbs are usually 2 fores long.

During it's early stages the plant is a fat green stub with a few pink flowers atop it's head. The plant is so thick because it stores water in order to produce sweet juices and help grow it's leaves and branches. That is why many young sand elves race to gather the baby Terirais because they taste much better than the mature fruits. After a few months out in the sun the plant will suddenly grow thinner and taller, and the flowers will peel away, revealing small green leaves that will eventually grow into long curled leaves. A few days after most of the leaves have grown smell pink berry-sized fruits will grow in the middle of a hand of leaves. Those fruits will eventually grow round, and will turn a lime color. The juices inside the fruit will sour, and seeds will grow within the plant; thus the plant will have matured.

Territory
The Terirais is found only in the Sands of Maechalan, in Southern Aeruillin. This is because it was said to be the plant which was given to the Tiraelhon by their Lady of Nature, Terira. It can usually be seen around many Tiraelhon family settlements in clusters of twos or threes.

Myth/Lore
The Tiraelhon believe that Terira, the Goddess of Nature and Curiosity, provided them with this sweet yet sour plant, when they were wondering about before settling in the Sands of Maechalan. The Goddess blessed the plant to be forever sweet during its youth and turn bitter sour when left to age. It is said that she also gave the plant the gift to slow the aging of women. Young girls and old women alike will often go to feast on the plant durings its youth to test this legend.

Usages
This plant is mostly used for it's juices which can provide flavor to any meal. If gathered young the Terirais can provide a sweetness, if gathered when ripe the fruits will give a sour taste. However, if soaked in water the fruits will once again become sweet. The leaves of this plant can be used to wrap foods while they are being cooked and they give off a slight minty flavoring. The bark of this tree is used to weave baskets and other items.  

Edited by: Lady Tiaa at: 2/11/04 11:52
SmurfStormcrow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2004, 20:27:00 »

"Each tree has up to four limbs exactly that fan out in various
directions."

Err.... Is it four exactly, or up to four? They are mutually exclusive statements. If it can have three, two, or one, then it can "have up to four." If it always has four, then it "has four."

Lady Tiaa
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2004, 03:54:00 »

Oh, I hadn't thought about that one yet. I guess it will be four exactly.  

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2004, 04:40:00 »

orange   comments
yellow  modifications
grey ... unclear sentences or sentences which have to be altered
green    typos and such

Categorization
Edible Plant

Basic Overview of the Plant
The Terirais is named after the Tiraelhon Dietrae, Terira, the Goddess of Curiosity and Nature. It is a favorite fruit of the Tiraelhon that is often used for flavor flavoring???   because it has a sour taste when eaten alone and it becomes sweet when mixed with high amounts of water.

Description
The Terirais is a small lime how small, how does it look like?  colored fruit that grows from the limbs of short stub-like trees with bitter brown bark. How big?  A high majority of these trees have exactly four limbs that fan out in various directions. how high is the trunk?Put it in here please  At the ends of the branches are wide green leaves how big exactly?  , which shield the sour fruits from the desert sun's brutality. Please describe a bit better where these fruits sit exactly)  The plant has very deep roots, in order to reach out for the water if they are not planted near any irrigation ditches. These plants do not need very fertile ground to survive due to their deep roots. these two don‘t match, deep roots help them to water, they could need fertile ground as well. The trees often reach out to be about 2 fores, with their limbs being half of that.

The plants don‘t need fertile ground, just enough water. therefore it grows very deep roots, in order to reach out for the water if they are not planted near any irrigation ditches.  

2 fores is a VERY small tree! Where do the limbs(do you mean branches or twigs?)emerge, about a fore from the ground, or are they a fore long?  

During it's early stages the plant is only a small pink flower, that is storing water in order to produce sweet juices. That is why many young sand elves race to gather the baby Terirais because they taste much better than the mature fruits. After a few months out in the sun the plant will suddenly grow wide and round and will turn from light pink to a dark yellow. That is when the water inside begins to dry up and the fruit becomes sour.
That is a bit unclear! Where does it store water, in the trunk? Forms this flower than a lonely fruit?How look the flowers? Are these the same flowers which are growing later on on the tree and mature to the fruits? Though reproduction is optional, it helps a lot in picturing the plant

Territory
The Terirais is found only in the Sands of Maechalan, in Southern Aeruillin. This is because it was said to be the plant which was given to the Tiraelhon by their Lady of Nature, Terira. It can usually be seen around many Tiraelhon family settlements in groups of two or three.

There you have lore under territory. Just describe the sands a bit better(not just the locations, what they are as well) and please do an own point myth/Lore if you have a nice myth at hand anyway - and not just two sentences!

Usages
This plant is mostly used for it's juices which can provide flavor to any meal. If gathered young the Terirais can provide a sweetness, if gathered when ripe the fruits will give a sour taste. The leaves of this plant can be used to wrap foods while they are being cooked and they give off a slight minty flavor. The bark of this tree has been used for medicinal purposes, but this has been recently proved as unhealthy since the bark has taken a slightly bitter taste from its once sweet flavor. It is now used to weave baskets and other items.

In the overview you write, that it gets sweet when diluted with water.  

A nice and useful plant, but please elaborate it a bit better. We want to draw a pic in our head!

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 2/10/04 16:39

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2004, 10:16:00 »

A quick glance over it showed me, that you have still lore under territory, and not much descrpition where in Aeruillin the sands are to find.
And how does the flower look like?
The description of the tree is better now, though I have still difficulties to imagine it.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]