Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wild Rose  (Read 1821 times)
Kim Sandrage

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 03 April 2004, 04:54:00 »

Categorization
Flower

Basic Overview of the Plant
The wild Rose is a venomous rose species and extremly fast growing

Description
These roses have black or dark gray flowers. the petals on the black roses are about 4 nailsbreadths in width and 2 nailsbreadths in height meanwhile the dark grey petals are smaller than there counterpart reaching only 2.5 nailsbreadths in width and 1.5 of a nailsbreadths in height. The pollen inside is a magenta colour.

The leaves are a yellowish green and are about 6 nailsbreadths in lenght and 4 in height they are a curved shape meeting at the end with a sharp point. The leaves are smooth edges makign the rose look much less deadly than it actually is. Furthermore the thorns are aproximatly 3 nailsbreadths in lenght and have an extremely sharp point and the stems of both the black and the dark grey rose are thicker and harder to cut with a blade than would be expected.

The thorns of the wild rose are tipped with a sticky venom which is white that causes a gradual breakdown of rational thought.
The roots of these plants start of green then begin ot get lighter and lighter the further they go in to the earth. The roots are thick at the top while they dig deeper in to the ground, while at the bottom they are thin and stringy but there are many of them. They also produce a herbicidal chemical that saturates the soil around the plants, allowing nothing but these roses to grow in the area of the plants often about a ped. This infertility often lasts for months or even years depending on the weather of the reigon. If its wet and cloudy often it will not stay in the earth for long as the rain will wash the chemicals away. However if its Dry and sunny it will stay in the earth longer. Almost no other plants are able to grow here except maybe grass but rarely.

Territory
They have become very rare in the wild and are now only grown really by a few herbalists and alchemists to profit from their venom in order to produce potions of various effects

Usages
One of the most popular but however weird methods of defense during the War of the Chosen was to cultivate large hedges of this plant. It was also used largely as a form of suicide, mostly it is said by young maidens waiting to end their lives quietly, if their love to a nobleman remained unreturned
The Wild Rose causes a gradual breakdown of rational thought. If the venom is left
untreated it is very likely that its victim is paralysed, and a death most foul may follow soon.

Myth/Lore/Origins
It was said to of been created by a mage who's name is currently unknown for the purpose of defence.
In a poem of the famous Monsonius, the last moments of a girl dying on the venom of a wild-rose are described in painstakingly detail.

Welcome to my world of shadows

Edited by: Kim Sandrage  at: 4/27/04 10:26
Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2004, 17:24:00 »

My comment in this pretty color.

Categorization
Flower

Basic Overview of the Plant
The wild Rose is a venomous rose species and extremly fast growing

Description
These roses have black or dark gray flowers (How big are they? What many nailsbreadths are the petals? What are teh petals shape? What color is the pollen inside Be descriptive here!) and yellowish green leaves (How large on the leaves? What shape are they? Are the edges serrated are smooth?), furthermore the thorns are longer than those of normal roses (How long are they?) and the stems are thicker and harder to cut with a blade than would be expected. The thorns of the wild rose are tipped with a sticky venom (Is the venom any certain color?) that causes a gradual breakdown of rational thought.
The roots of these plants (What do the roots look like? Are they stringy or more branching? What color are they?) also produce a herbicidal chemical that saturates the soil around the plants, allowing nothing but these roses to grow in the area. (How long does this infertility of the soil last? Are there any certain plants that can stand to grow in the area or will the area be completely barren?)

Territory
They have become very rare in the wild and are now only grown really by a few herbalists and alchemists to profit from their venom in order to produce potions of various effects. (Where did these roses used to grow? Perhaps they were native to some certain forest? Maybe they grow in places believed to be cursed? What continent were they most commonly found on? WHy don't they grow in the wild much anymore?)

Usages
One of the most popular but however weird methods of defense during the War of the Chosen was to cultivate large hedges of this plant. (Who used these plants in this way?) It was also used largely as a form of suicide, mostly it is said by young maidens waiting to end their lives quietly, if their love to a nobleman remained unreturned. (Are there any famous maidens who maid this tale popular? Where did this form of suicide originate? Maybe there is a tale of a young maiden who, discovering that her love had died in some epic battle [maybe a Mynian Kingdom story], committed suicide by this flower?)
The Wild Rose causes a gradual breakdown of rational thought. If the venom is left untreated it is very likely that its victim is paralysed, and a death most foul may follow soon. (So does the venom attack the brain or the nervous system? It's a bit hard to tell here! Perhaps you might just stick with the venom gradually causing insanity and then death?)
(You mentioned that some alchemists and herbalists grow these plants. For what purpose do they do this? Is there some other use these plants have?)

Myth/Lore/Origins
It was said to of been created by a mage who's name is currently unknown for the purpose of defence. (If I may, perhaps you might consider having it's creation be one of myth? There are a few women in history who had the appearance of loveliness but who ended up being deadly. Perhaps, it is said that when Aváth'cáo emjerged from teh catacombs of Eckra, these roses grew up in her footsteps? And that the last wild roses still reside in the forbidden zone and a few other places in Northern Sarvonia? Or perhaps you might want to say that these flowers grow from Avásh'aelía's tears? And that they grow in the Water Marshes still?)
In a poem of the famous Monsonius, the last moments of a girl dying on the venom of a wild-rose are described in painstakingly detail. (Perhaps you might want to try to write a few verses of this poem for the benefit of the entry? ^_^;;)

Consider also creating a Reproduction section.

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Kim Sandrage

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2004, 13:45:00 »

THanx rayne Ill work on this asap finals are coming up though so be slow
sorry for any delay/

Welcome to my world of shadows

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2004, 14:41:00 »

Quite understandbale, Kim! Take your time!

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]