Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Méhan'Melór (Ethan the Chosen)  (Read 3110 times)
Kikhku

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 21 July 2004, 19:49:00 »

I have decided to start writing entries for the other six un-named chosen.  But I noticed that one of the most important chosen doesn't even have his own biographical entry yet.  

This entry is compiled from various bits of data and improv.

Okay, it should be ready, comments are appreciated as always!
~

Overview: Sometime in the middle of the War of the Chosen, a rape so violent that the gods themselves took notice occurred.  From this cruel union, a child named Méhan'Melór, half shadow elf, half human was born.  After overcoming a childhood of rejection and self-hatred, this young man was granted a power that approached those of the gods themselves.  And through his own sacrifice, the world was saved.

Appearance: Méhan'Melór, also known as Ethan, is portrayed as a larger-then-life, dashing, young hero, despite his heritage.  In truth, he was probably a short, scrawny, and ugly boy.  But bard songs very rarely concern themselves with the whole truth.  An adaptation of an ancient elvish song is the closest thing to a description that can be given to him.  The song describes him as a head above everybody else on the battlefield, fair skinned with blond hair and dark green eyes and a slightly rounded face.  It alludes to him having the "countenance of a god" and "Seyella's Fire" in his eyes.  Another noteworthy detail mentioned in the song is a rusty sword at his side.  However this description is merely a song.

Scholars surmise that he was actually a short, ugly, almost emaciated boy.  Every rendering of a half-human half-shadowelf has turned out rather distasteful by any race's standards, and Ethan was probably no exception.  However nobody knows for sure what this legendary hero looked like, for anyone who might have known him is long dead.

Biography:
Childhood and Teenage Years: Due to the lack of history, nobody can say what year Ethan was born.  However historians place his birth somewhere between 9100 and 9150 B.S.  The elvish legend alludes to him as the product of the rape of a prostitute by Saban, a slave to Co'or himself.  No records were kept of Ethan's childhood, but it is commonly believed that he was and still is the most shunned person ever born, rejected by his mother and the rest of the world.  Despite his mother's intentions to let her son die, Seyella had another plan.  Somehow, he always seemed to get whatever he needed: clothing, shelter, food.  He grew quickly, separated from most of the world, and largely unaware of the grand war that surrounded him every day.  Historians speculate that much of his time was spent deeply contemplating his own existence.

Adulthood: Twenty is the commonly accepted age of his gift.  It is said that Seyella blessed him.  The only record thought to be accurate is an elven text, the Cárpa'dosía.

The Cárpa'dosía describes Seyella herself meeting with him and explaining the War of the Chosen, a war which had not reached his small world.  After days on end of explaining, Ethan still could not understand the grand scheme.  In a moment of frustration, Seyella allowed him to see the future of the war.  For that moment, destiny became clear to him.  He realized his purpose, and awoke from his small world.  Dormant powers sprung to life all at once.  He was overwhelmed, and fell to the ground.  At this time, according to elven texts, he was dead.  Seyella herself took care of him for three days, and on the third day, Ethan came back to life.  Endowed with magics, the young man remade himself into a much more appealing form.  He was given a dragon, a shape changer, who usually followed him in the form of a lovely female elf.  Together, the two were thought to be a surefire end to the War of the Chosen, and quickly gained a large following.  

The future was clear to both Ethan and his dragon.  He would die in the fight, but his death would end the great war.  Historians estimate that the date of his attack on Ma'asherom was around 5003 B.S.  He is said to have led five hundred men into battle.  None of them, including himself survived.

Importance: Ethan is considered to the the hero of the War of the Chosen.  Even though he was not successful in ending Ma'asherom's life, the wizard was so drained after the fight that he fell to a minor insurrection upon returning home three years later.  Ethan is also the only known person to have contact with a tame shape shifter dragon.

Edited by: Kikhku at: 7/21/04 4:33
Mina
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2004, 14:44:00 »

You'd really need to speak to Capher about this guy.  He seems to have a lot of the details about him, and probably quite a few of the other Chosen, already figured out, though I haven't been able to find out much about them.  What I do remember reading about is that Ethan is supposedly still alive now, thousands of years after the War of the Chosen.  There are bits and pieces of information scaterred throughout the dev board, so you could try searching.  I think some of the older posts have been deleted though.  

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2004, 16:01:00 »

The problem is, that Capher is not so easy to contact..., but give it a try! It would be worth it!

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Kikhku

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2004, 16:57:00 »

This is all of the info that I could find on him.  I'll try looking on the dev board though.  AFAIK, there is no other info on the other chosen.  I would think Capher would at least write their names down somewhere.

If anyone could help me get in contact with him, that would be appreciated.

Kikhku

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 July 2004, 17:17:00 »

Too lazy to actually log in and edit mah post :d

There is no mention of either of his names in this forum or in any of the others that I can find, aside from this thread.  I believe I have gathered all the information on the site, and I have checked, but do not see any entries by Capher.  If someone can point me to one, or to his profile, or again can help me contact him, then I will speak with him about Ethan.  Otherwise, I'd like to get started on the other chosen.

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2004, 12:23:00 »

I#m not sure, if he mentioned something in his story.Or he has it on his comp?  

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Kikhku

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 July 2004, 14:23:00 »

But that doesn't do us much good if he never comes around.  ;)

I'mma try and get in touch with him, but I'd really like to start on the other entries for the chosen.

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 July 2004, 02:12:00 »

I don't thionk the Chosen should have normal people entries (like biographies) but more an accumulation of myths. I would e.g. scrap his childhood and other such things completely, otherwise their mystery gets lost. Keep even open if he was human at all (or something else in human form)

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 25 July 2004, 05:11:00 »

Well, myths about an abnormal childhood perhaps?

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 July 2004, 09:44:00 »

I meant those Chosen should be extremely mysterious, unknown heritage, unknown origin and unknown agenda. I'd erase any knowledge of a childhood. Make them seem superhuman, their powers already hint then (even if and esspecially when they're exaggerated).

A childhood of any kind just degenerates them to normal humans again. I'd try to avoid that with the Chosen.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Mina
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 July 2004, 13:07:00 »

True.  After thousands of years, things should be at least somewhat obscured.  

Kikhku

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 July 2004, 18:13:00 »

The other six will be very mysterous.  HOWEVER, there are things in elven texts (look at the War of the Chosen entry) about his childhood, the rape, and his species (Half shadow elf, half human).  I did try to leave his childhood a mystery though.  All I put about it was that he tended to be extremely secluded from others, and that seyella always provided for him.

Don't worry, if you want mystery, then wait till the other six come out :D  

Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 July 2004, 12:22:00 »

Quote:
No records were kept of Ethan's childhood, but it is commonly believed that he was and still is the most shunned person ever born, rejected by his mother and the rest of the world.

As Talia mentioned, "one of the most shunned people" is more likely.

Quote:
The future was clear to both Ethan and his dragon. He would die in the fight, but his death would end the great war. Historians estimate that the date of his attack on Ma'asherom was around 5003 B.S. He is said to have led five hundred men into battle. None of them, including himself survived.

I'm not too sure about Sarvonia, but the War of the Chosen was well over by mid 9000-8500s b.S in Nybelmar. Are you sure about this date? Plus that would make him over 4000 years old!

Quote:
He is said to have led five hundred men into battle. None of them, including himself survived.

Only 500? If you want to keep the numbers low to emphasize the skill and valor of his warriors as well as his magical powers, I'd say a story/ a quote etc is needed here.

Quote:
Ethan is considered to the the hero of the War of the Chosen.

You mean "Ethan is considered to be the hero of the War of the Chosen." :p

I'd really like to see the stories about this guy elaborated a bit. Although the entry, imo, is good as it is, some quotes or stories like the ones used in most of Rayne's entries would spice up the text. Having an array of myths about his deeds would help make him more mysterious as well as give the readers insight about the limits to his power.

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]