Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: General Tribal/Race Entry system.  (Read 3722 times)
Capher
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 5

View Profile
« on: 28 November 2001, 14:06:00 »

Ok Art and others who are working on Tribes or Races. Art would like a general form. I have worked on it. This is the reworked form. In order.

Overview- A brief paragraph summarizing your tribe or race. EG: Where located, boundaries of kingdom.

People/Race
* Physical and or psychological charactaristics.
* Clothing worn: men/women
* Occupations, if any: men/women
* Weapons, any special ones describe them.
* Housing
* Special abilities, EG: magic, training ect.
* Food, any special foods they eat.

Government-Describe what form, EG: Monarchy, Democratic, Republic, Emperor, Tribal, Tyranny, ect.

Trade

Natural Resources-describe what natural resources may be found in your land area. Please take into account where you live.

Festivals
* Pagan

Coat of Arms- Describe coat of arms, if any.

History
* Origin/development of tribe or race.
* Important people/events in this tribes or race's history.
* Any Cities, Castles, Strongholds built by your tribe/race should also be put in your history.

Wisdom is given to those who exercise it.

Edited by: Capher at: 12/11/01 8:06:16 pm

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 28 November 2001, 15:49:00 »

Looks good to me, Capher! A very valueable addition in order to get more organisation into Santharia.

I try to collect all such entry systems like Bestiary, Tribes, Games etc. and will them all put into the Workshop section for reference. Newbies then can be simply pointed to this page.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 November 2001, 17:12:00 »

Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between religious and pagan in Santharian context?

Beside that: Sounds good!

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Uragel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 November 2001, 19:49:00 »

That is a good idea.

I'm assuming that the tribes that have already been done would already have some type of formatting similar to this, should they be changed around so that they fit with the above or left how they are.??

Actually Art just had a brain stormer - How about posting something like what Capher has done as sticky locked post, so that it's on top and can't be replied to so that you know where it is and people who want to know the formatting can get it easy.......?

Uragel!
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.

Edited by: Uragel at: 11/28/01 1:50:50 am
Winlok
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 November 2001, 23:20:00 »

It really makes sense, we did it for the bestiary. But what really needs to be done is post it somewhere where it's handy, and like Uragel says, unalterable.

Maybe somewhere in first steps in Santharia guidlines..., so it's easily accessable.

It's a great idea!

Uragel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 November 2001, 00:36:00 »

Not only there, but in each of the threads.

EG:
  Beasts, Races and Languages
Have a post like the above saying Beasts format it like this because this is what we neeed. Races Do it like this because we're going to get you to do it anyway Languages format it like so...

And then continue that in the following

Cosmology, Myths and Religions

History, People and Tribes

Geography, Places and Map Design

Miscellaneous  

Along with other areas where there is formatting to keep to

Uragel!
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.

Theodorus Holzman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 November 2001, 02:20:00 »

I think it's a good idea what Uragel proposed. That way, even the new people know directly how to build something.  

"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune-they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures."

John Silvercryst

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 November 2001, 10:42:00 »

Good idea, but how would we put some of the races/tribes that are very similar?  Like with the Morgerim that I'm developing, most of the info is similar to the regular dwarves.  How would I do that?

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 November 2001, 12:33:00 »

The differences John would be written briefly in your overview. There are going to be alot of tribes similar but the overview will distinguish between the two.  I agree with Uragel a permanent entry system for all and uniformed would help anyone trying to build something.  Should we try and rearrange the already done tribes/races into this system? I don't know. I guess that would have to be up to Art. I think it can be done. I propose that those who are working on specific entries try and come up with something similar like what I have come up with. Just as Art, Uragel and others have suggested.  If you need my help. just ask.  

Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.Capher

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 29 November 2001, 14:14:00 »

First I'd like to say that this indeed is a good idea, Uragel. I guess we should put this information into the appropriate Forums as well as directly on the site somewhere, e.g. on top of the sections menu, near the overview. This way nobody will miss it.

I also would like to use the new system we have e.g. for the Bestiary and for the Tribes at older entries if possible. Many things were just set up to integrate a picture, so re-working these things would be necessary. If someone feels bored he/she can try to re-work such existing entries. Could also be a task for newbies who don't know exactly what they want to do. Re-working entries could be easier than setting up new things and it would be appreciated as well. We should strive for a better organisation in every respect, but without putting obstacles in the flow of creativity.

And finally: Yes, I'd like it if more such systems could be elaborated for other sections as well. The sooner we have such systems for all sections, the better.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 29 November 2001, 21:55:00 »

Art:  have most of that information for the Dwarves and would REALLY LIKE to rework them.  As John pointed out to me, there are some inconsistencies and 'errors' that have developed as we have elaborated their race.

In the next week I'd like to completely sum up the total info we've collected so far , fill in the missing details, and send it to you in the above amazing Capherian Format.

Ok?

Love from the bard

Bard Judith

"If you will listen to this lay but a little while now,
I will tell it at once as in town I have heard it told,
as it is fixed and fettered
in story brave and bold,
thus linked and truly lettered,
as was loved in this land of old."

J.R.R.Tolkien, 'Sir Gawain and the Green Knight'

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 30 November 2001, 16:28:00 »

That's ok, Judith. Things change in the process of development, and it is good to have a dwarven expert now, who can concentrate on elaborating all those things which were only sketched so far. Inconsistencies will always exist to a certain degree, but I'd love it if you could work on the ones we have here. Just put everything together, as organized as possible (perhaps in seperate entries for different topics), and I'll put it on the site:)

BTW: Some things I still have here (dwarven language is one of them) will probably have to wait till Christmas vacation where I'll have time to integrate all the things which are still missing. The flow of creativity existing in this Forum currently overwhelms me...

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 December 2001, 12:48:00 »

Any comments on the new reworked entry form Art or others?

If not then I propose it is ready to be integrated into the site Art.

Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.Capher

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]