Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Kyranian Tribe.  (Read 10757 times)
Capher
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 5

View Profile
« on: 03 November 2001, 13:04:00 »

Overview

It must be remembered that the Kyranian people have two histories. One as a kingdom before the War of the Chosen and the other as just a scattered tribe after the War of the Chosen.

c.a.9700

Gri'Keran organizes the cattle barons uniting them to fight the "horsemen"(later on called the Centoraurians). The barons name their new founded kingdom Kerania which later becomes spelled as Kyrania. They fought with the horsemen over grazing rights. Needing water for their cattle they sign a treaty with Galathorn, leader of the Wolf Clan of the Eyelian kingdom. Which would prove disastrous to them in the power struggle between their two kingdoms during the War of the Chosen.

people

The Kyranian men were mostly distinguished by their gnarled hands, weather beaten faces, smell of cattle or leather on them and that they could run for long distances without tiring. They rode no horses but herded their cattle and sheep by running along side of them. They were hard men and had little time for social activities. When they did it was usually at roundup time and it involved drinking and talking about their herds. Their clothes consisted of leather pants, soft leather shoes, and woolen shirts.

weapons

The only weapons they had were knives, staffs, a sling, and their ropes. They were an excellent shot with a sling and could usually kill a human if they were not wearing armour around their head.

Dowry

When a young man wanted to be married he usually had to present to the perspective bride and her family a dowry. This usually consisted of cattle or sheep. If the family accepted the dowry then the young man and woman were married. The married man was then not forced to go on cattle drives or war for a whole year. He was expected to know his wife and start a family during that year.

Homes

There homes were wooden one story structures. A village consisted of several of these homes in a circle with the cattle protected inside of the circle of homes.

Religion

They had none. They believed that they were the instruments of their own destinies. When you died. You went to sleep and didn't wake up. They would bury there dead outside of the camp in mounds.

The women wore long dresses and usually took care of the home, small garden and children. Their social lives revolved around sewing, baking, and needle work. One of the most desirable things that the women of this tribe made were works of beaded dresses and woven blankets made on a loom with bright colored designs and patterns.

c.a. 9500-9000

Treaty is broken between Kyranians and Eyelians. Kyranian kingdom is destroyed and people scattered.[/b]

c.a. 819 b.s.

After the war of the chosen the Kyranian kingdom was no more just a few scattered villages. One village of Kyranian people with a leader named Viginold Deresvungen becomes prominent in history with the Centoraurian king "Gorm". And his and their history become intermingled and their story is written with them.

That is all folks.:lol  :lol

With deepest regards,Capher

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03 November 2001, 17:06:00 »

I'm sorry but are the Kyranians not mentioned as an important tribe beside the Erepheronians and Centaurians in the Sarvonian Wars. At least in the War against Milkengrad they're mentioned as something I would call a 'middle nation' not as powerful and an as eventful history but still very important.

Perhaps we might change the history after the War of the Chosen? I'd like to make them a very old tribe that always tried to handle what's going on around them but proved too undesicive to become a leading power.

Currently they sound like stupid farmers! :(  

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2001, 20:14:00 »

Yes I suppose they do at that in the beginning. But since they take on the name "Helcrani" during the Age of Blood. That is when they become important. I guess after taking a look at the map and where they were located this was all I could come up with at the time.  Besides what is wrong with cattlemen? Many a range war was started because of grazing rights during the old west in America.  Besides that where do you think you are going to eat your beef from if there are no cattle ranches?;)  

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 November 2001, 03:38:00 »

It's only... currently they're nothing more. If you allow I'll throw in my 2 cents I had in mind about that tribe because I wanted to do it as well and obviously I know came to late. :)

BTW: I the Kyranians live farther south than the Helcrani. They might be related but they don't live in the same regions.

In the small border map Art has drawn for our own confusion(;) ) their northern border seem to be the Lower Fores. Helcrani lived mainly in the Higher Fores(at least the Centaurians.) There is no clue for Helcrani and Kyranians being the same. And the Kyranians participated in the Alliance of the Red so they're still important by this time.

I wonder if Naios, Tyr Thromgolin and the Ilian Plateau belong to Kyranian territory? We could elaborate this points as key points of the Kyranian Kingdom.
I'd like to make them more a mountain tribe using the Steppe of Kruswik for cattles so that wouldn't contradict to your current history and explain why they don't have horses.

I hope you don't mind that I step on your toes to participate in here I'm just unhappy I came too late myself! ;)  

Wren
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 9

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 November 2001, 06:45:00 »

I guess we all have our babies in this place.

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 November 2001, 11:08:00 »

Koldar I had no idea you wanted this tribe. If you want it you can have them I'll work on another one. There are so many ancient tribes it makes me wonder why no one has ever finished them?  

Also because the War of the Chosen was such a eventful event why are alot of these ancient tribes never told about before it. I see alot of ancient tribes told about after, take for instance the Erpheronians, now I would think that that tribe would have been a tremendous influence on the War of the Chosen. But there is no history on them before then. Why?

I know I may sound like I'm griping here but if you take into the account that all of the races started at the tree of life. Then you have Fa'a'av'clar and its destruction, then you have the "Great Sundering". From that point on forward is when you should start creating your tribes and kingdoms.

Drogo did some good but he never really described in detail the different people of the Great Sundering. For instance the Dinari. Drogo mentions that they were infantry, end up where Eckra the Cruel takes power and uses them as his army. But what did they look like, their customs ect. Shouldn't the ancient human tribes and kingdoms all have come from the decendants from these four human split ups? Or is that only for Northern Sarvonia?

Why do people not take the whole history into account before they start writing the history of some tribe or place? It is very frustrating to have to start at the begining and then try and mesh all of the other history that someone wrote before and say things like "This is the first time that this [put name of kingdom or tribe here] was united."  What were they before they were united? Just nomads? Just small gatherings of people trying to survive? If so then write it in then. They still had a physical characteristic, culture, ect. even if they were not a kingdom, they were a people.

Well enough ranting and raving. I've got work to do. Not only on Chapter six which is becoming very difficult but also on dragon language which someone started and I have no clue what or how they did it. Art can I start over on that one? But also some other ancient tribe.

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 November 2001, 11:19:00 »

I still have to polish the Losh-Oc so I would be honored to hear your suggestions, Capher!

History section is starting to get a problem with all this new events. Completely got lost when searching the references on Kyrania. :/  
Santharia is like a Hydra, when you finally wiped out a organization problem, two new pop up! ;)  

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 November 2001, 11:29:00 »

*hehe* Took the words right out of my mouth Koldar. As far as your orcs, different races are another speciality which are beyond my capabilities. No Koldar you can have them;)  

I will rework my Kyranian entry. I never realized that they had so much history. I could only find one or two references on them. Those other things you told me about, like the red alliance, when I used the search engine it never popped up.

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 November 2001, 23:34:00 »

I have to agree with Koldar, all these new historical events and sub-events that keeps popping up can be very confusing at times!

Of course, vastness of history is an essential and important aspect to any world-building but it's just that I can't seem to keep up with all the new bits of history! Frankly speaking, except for the stuff I'm working on like the Age of Awakening and Voldarian past, I only have the vaguest idea of what's happening elsewhere in Santharia :lol  In fact *shame-faced* I didn't know there was a Kyranian Tribe until it was mentioned here!

Even so, new things are being constantly added to the old Age of Awakening section like the Kuglimz which had me spinning because I like continuity and making no mention of such obviously important events like the Battle of Tak'Dinal in my Katya chronology which happens in the Age of Awakening timeline makes me....frustrated!

Sorry for the ranting as well, I just feel a little pissed at myself for not being able to keep up and I wish I could!

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 November 2001, 08:07:00 »

If you wade through all of the entries in the compendium we have now and take into effect all of those that are not elaborated on,just a name or short paragraph, you would have enough work to do to last, several times more team members than we already have, for over a year I would guess.

This is my proposal and it's just mine so if I'm wrong shout it our.  My proposal is that we ask the team members to work on those projects not yet finished in the compendium before we start inventing new races, histories, places, ect. That way we would have continutiy. It would be easier to add to those things ect. What do you say people?

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 06 November 2001, 15:07:00 »

You're absolutely right, Capher - we should indeed try to elaborate the origins and histories of the tribes, but of course tying everything together will also be the most difficult part. And I assume that there will have to be some re-working afterwards at other tribes etc. as well, because we might contradict each other at certain points. However, this is something essential which has to be done and we should have experts for certain tribes. I think I should concentrate on the Erpheronians, but I need the time to work on them, and I'm usually very stressed (especially now with the website changes), so this could take a while. But feel free, Capher, to elaborate details wherever you find it appropriate. I'll get to the Erpheronians asap.

BTW: I also think about splitting the History section at the new menu so that we have small sections for each tribe plus one general one mayhaps (the Age of the Blood e.g. currently is one huge page, so you will have difficulties to find something specific, this needs to be improved). I also think about adding links between these tribes sections so that you can jump from 1550 b.S. at the Erpheronian tribe to 1550 b.S. Eyelian history (combo-boxes maybe where you can select tribe and years?). Well, everything still quite vague, but if you have some ideas here let me know...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 November 2001, 15:12:00 »

Capher, proposal sounds excellent, however... ;)  *drum roll*

It's just about the babies thing Wren mentioned. As I work mainly on the Stratanians, I constantly see gabs in my babies clothing that could use their mother/father's needle to restore it, but when you finally fixed the gab you've been busy so long the baby simply played another gab in her clothes.

This continuous process seems unstoppable (at least to me), nevertheless it wouldn't hurt to at least try and fill in some gabs. I just came across the entry of Cap Strata, which simply has one sentence in it. Time for a new entry.

*runs of trying to come true to Capher's good advice and redo the entry*

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 06 November 2001, 15:31:00 »

Yeah, if everyone tries to work a bit more on his/her babies then we reach fine results, I'm sure.

BTW, note to Gean: Talia Sturmwind elaborated some details on Shendar housing quite a while ago which drowned somewhere in the Forum, see pub7.ezboard.com/fsanthar...D=76.topic

I'm sure we could use this information quite well if we work on it a bit. Maybe you could do that if you feel bored.

And I talked with Theo who will hopefully work on more Mullog details as well as history for this tribe in the course of time. Mullog history won't be that difficult to handle, because they live quite withdrawn and developed later on, but it's good to see that someone will concentrate on this task as well.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 November 2001, 16:01:00 »

I'm speechless..." Never knew I had that much impact.

Thuja
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 November 2001, 19:10:00 »

I hate to bring my two cents in but I was rewriting my entry on Horth (not up but in the geo section) and did some searching on the area.  It stated the area for the Centoraurians covered, in the beginning, most of the are around Horth.  This also included the Steppe of Kruswik.  The understanding I got from reading....

"The Centoraurians are descendants of horsemen and shepherds that found their homeland in the vast grasslands of the region. And all the major cities, except Ximax and Milkengrad, , were initially founded as winter pastures for them"

Also

"During this war (the FIRST SARVONIAN WAR) the Centoraurians recruited many mercenaries from a tribe of KYRANIAN origin, which left the plains and sought salvage on the HIGH FORES in an area named HELCRAH."

I took this to mean that the whole plain regions were controlled by the Centoraurians and (my understanding) the Kyranians were located between the High and Lower Fores.  I guess this is wrong or will be changed.  If this is not correct or will be changed then I will need to know.  I will have to put the entry of Horth on hold then, as I wrote it around this history.  I will follow the consensus and render this town along those lines as needed.

I also left some Centoraurians in Steppe of Kruswik stating they wanted to stay true to "The ideal for this people is to ride free in the plains".  I thought not all would want to unite and be confined to Milkengrad.

Sorry Artimidor, I tried to fill in the gaps of areas as per an earlier thread request.  (Not me, but a request in general.)  Oh well I was kind of liking this little wine town.

If you think the sky's the limit, then you have no imagination.

Edited by: Thuja at: 11/6/01 1:24:18 am
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]