Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Kyranian Tribe.  (Read 10756 times)
Capher
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 5

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 06 November 2001, 21:56:00 »

Thuja your impression on the Centaurians and Kyranians were excactly the same one's I recieved. That is why I did not think the Kyranian tribe was that important because they came to be known as the Helcrani and that is when they became important. But Koldar has a different slant on them and the Centaurians. Who knows?

With deepest regards,Capher

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 November 2001, 16:58:00 »

The problem with the Kyranians is that you've only references on them and obviously even the Search engine doesn't identify them all because the "Kyranians" are also spelled "Cyranians", "Kyarnians and "Cyarnians".

References on them you'll find in the entries of Centoraurians, Helcrani and Curgan(people section).

In Centorauria we learn that many Kyranian mercenaries found refugee there. They're in fact, Helcrani, and they later "take" over the Centoraurian kingdom.

The Helcrani are described as _one_ tribe of Kyranian origin.

And in the Alliance of the Red (Curgan) the Kyranians are an important part of the invasion force. Also, a king ("DARIHAN, the Kyranian king") is mentioned there.

In the history section are also some references.

As I said, really difficult to track down! :)  

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 November 2001, 19:13:00 »

Then I thank thee Sir Koldar for being our tracker;)  

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 November 2001, 12:05:00 »

Ok here is a rework of the Kyranian Kingdom up to a certain point. Will add more to the kingdom and people as I go on. I believe, at least I hope, this will satisfy you Koldar and the others.

A small,but hardy descendandts of Cyroan Thromgolin, an infantry lieutanant under the command of Dietych during the fall of Fa'a'aclar and the subsequent seperation of the races called the "Great Sundering" settle amonst the lower fores of Southern Sarvonia.  Cyroan and most of his men under his command did not follow Dietych to the western penninsula of Dinali during the "Great Sundering."  Inspired by the grandeur and splendour of what Fa'a'avclar once was he was determined to build an human empire to match. After decades of searching for the perfect place in which to start building his dream, he found it, or so he thought.

Lands

The lower fores, Steepe's of Kruswik, Illian Plateau and the Plains of Truoor and the lands inbetween them he claimed for himself, his men and their families. Amongst these lands he found quarries of stone, precious and semi-precious mines of gold, silver, copper, and even coal. He found pastures for which to raise farms and cattle to feed his growing empire. Tired of living a nomadic existence while he searched he finally started to build.

Cyroan

Cyroan was a great tacition. He thought long and hard on where to build his fortress and home. Finally he chose the top of the Illian Plateau. From this advantage point no enemy could not sneek upon him without being seen. He built his fortress with defense in mind. He may or may have not first invented some of the tactics he used but he used them wisely and improved on them. Some of the tactics were first to build a fortress high overlooking his kingdom. He built towers, parapets, all made of granite. He tipped each tower with silver and gold so anyone in his kingdom could look up and see his fortress and have hope. He calle his Fortress "Tyr" He cleared the plateau of any bush or tree to give his men a clear killing field. He realized that archers were one of his best defenses and he trained them, as well as improved on the bows and arrows they used. He passed on his knowledge and dream to his successors. They continued to improve and refine his basic strategies and tactics.[/b]

Centoraurians, Caltharians and Erpheronians.

During these years, almost 1400, they grew, lived in peace with their neighbors the "Horsemen" (later on called the Centoraurians) the Caltharians and Erpheronians. Who had come along and settled near their borders. The Centoraurians were to their west and northwest, the Caltharian's settled up in the northern fores and the northern border. The Erpheronian's settled east and northeast of them. However as is inevitable peace is a fleeting thing. Border disputes arose, along with grazing rights, especially with the Centoraurian's.

c.a.9550

Gil'Landene,Ylin'Sengern and Cyro'Unane Thromgolin

These three brothers were direct descendants of the Cyroan Thromgolin. Gil was a master builder and concetrated on fortifications and tactics for defense of those fortifications. He developed a stonger bow for his archers called the "Crossbow" He also built windows inside the outside walls of the fortress where arrows could be shot out of but nearly impossible for arrows to go through from the outside. He improved upon an idea of the trench and surrounded his castle with it. In the beginning this trench was built wide enough so horses could not jump it. Then he built it deep enough to hold sharpened logs, then eventually he filled the trench with oil, to set on flame if needed be. He camaflouged the trench with broken pieces of trees and limbs latticed together. He developed or refined the only access to the castle a bridge he called the "Foot" which was at first lowered and raised by thick ropes then later on by chains.

Ylin refines infantry tactics in the open field against calvary, archers and other infantrymen. He designs shields that will protect his men from archers. Develops tactics against calvary charges such as using sharpened sticks between a phlange of men and shields. Using his brilliant mind he builds an axe of such cunning and strength it is still renowned even today. It has two blades one a large and strong enough to hew down logs or the legs of charging horses. The other side of the axe was shaped in a crescent moon shape with a razor sharp tip and inside. The tip was used to pierce the hardest armour and the razor inside was used to cut the tendons of horses as they passed by you. He called the axe, the "Sengren."

Cyro, the youngest, develops other infantry tactics such as concealment, hand to hand combat with sword, axe and spear. He conditions his men to run long distances without tiring. In fact their long distance running and speed are legendary. He uses the mountains as defense as well as offense. Learning how to disturb the earth enough to create traps. However even with the best design he could not controll all of them and unsuspecting people were killed accidentally by landslides and pitfalls.  Gil, the oldest and King gave his two other brothers the rest of the land which they called Abarona, which we get the name Baron.

Two classes of People Nobility and Peasant

Nobility- Were those people who were born into a noble family or were given such noble titles by the king himself. The men wore fine clothes when not at war. The women also wore fine clothes. They lived in the castle proper. They people came in all sorts of sizes, shapes, and colors of eyes and hair, though it seems that those of Cyroan blood usually had Red hair and Emerald colored eyes. At war the men wore chainmail, and light armour.  The Barons and those of other nobility, mostly land owners were required to hand over to the king those men whom he so desired to build his army during times of war. And they were required to pay taxes depending upon the size of their Baronage.

{b]Kyranian Peasants.[/b]

The Kyranian men were mostly distinguished by their gnarled hands, weather beaten faces, smell of cattle or leather on them and that they could run for long distances without tiring. They rode no horses but herded their cattle and sheep by running along side of them. They were hard men and had little time for social activities. When they did it was usually at roundup time and it involved drinking and talking about their herds. Their clothes consisted of leather pants, soft leather shoes, and woolen shirts.

weapons

The only weapons they had were knives, staffs, a sling, and their ropes. They were an excellent shot with a sling and could usually kill a human if they were not wearing armour around their head.

Dowry

When a young man wanted to be married he usually had to present to the perspective bride and her family a dowry. This usually consisted of cattle or sheep. If the family accepted the dowry then the young man and woman were married. The married man was then not forced to go on cattle drives or war for a whole year. He was expected to know his wife and start a family during that year.

Homes

There homes were wooden one story structures. A village consisted of several of these homes in a circle with the cattle protected inside of the circle of homes.

Religion

They had none. They believed that they were the instruments of their own destinies. When you died. You went to sleep and didn't wake up. They would bury there dead outside of the camp in mounds.

The women wore long dresses and usually took care of the home, small garden and children. Their social lives revolved around sewing, baking, and needle work. One of the most desirable things that the women of this tribe made were works of beaded dresses and woven blankets made on a loom with bright colored designs and patterns.

c.a. 9500-9000, War of the Chosen

The splendour of the Kyranian kingdom, as well as all of the others in Southern Sarvonia are almost completely destroyed. Only a few survivors of this terrible war begin anew. The Kyranian history then begins over with this small band of survivors. The rest of their history will soon be told. For once again the Kyranians become an important cog in the history of Southern Sarvonia.

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 November 2001, 18:29:00 »

I have no objections.

Eventually I could bring up parts of the younger history?

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 11/12/01 10:06:15 pm
Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 November 2001, 16:38:00 »

Yes but are they better than stupid farmers?!! ;)  

Theodorus Holzman

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14 November 2001, 08:51:00 »

Hey, what's wrong with stupid farmers?? :b  

"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune-they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures."

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 November 2001, 10:22:00 »

Koldar did not like them. Especially when it concerned the Kyranians. But I think I made the tribe acceptable to all.

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 November 2001, 16:35:00 »

My apologizes to any stupid farmer I offended with my words! ;)

Think, they're good now. Problem is that all the big tribes are big tribes for some reason. So a too boring history just don't fit. At least SW I +II and some other incidents should be covered-

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 November 2001, 17:40:00 »

Are you going to do that Koldar? Or should I? Whatever you want to do is up to you. Just give me a response and I will work on something else, like the Avenorrians or someother tribe.

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17 November 2001, 03:38:00 »

I'll see if I find some time at the weekend. Currently I've more than twelve hours days and can only post at the forums deep in the night.

I'd like to that!

Currently I'm developing a collection of varied weapons typical to some tribes.
For the Avenorrians I still don't have anything. Will post at the Misc forum my general idea.

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 November 2001, 09:50:00 »

NO problem I will post some Idea's I have about the Avennorians as well maybe together we can come up with something. On the misc. forum

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 November 2001, 10:03:00 »

Your post and my additions(which will begin with the known history in the Age of Awakening)
General concept is that the Kyranians had three kingdom which were lost one after the other. So their traditions are very old but there were always long periods where they had no real power. Capher, I'd like to do the whole Kyranians together, so sugegstions are always welcomed!
I made only minor editing at the end of your part to connect it to the next.

The Kingdom of Towers

A small,but hardy descendandts of Cyroan Thromgolin, an infantry lieutanant under the command of Dietych during the fall of Fa'a'aclar and the subsequent seperation of the races called the "Great Sundering" settle amonst the lower fores of Southern Sarvonia. Cyroan and most of his men under his command did not follow Dietych to the western penninsula of Dinali during the "Great Sundering." Inspired by the grandeur and splendour of what Fa'a'avclar once was he was determined to build an human empire to match. After decades of searching for the perfect place in which to start building his dream, he found it, or so he thought.

Lands

The lower fores, Steepe's of Kruswik, Illian Plateau and the Plains of Truoor and the lands inbetween them he claimed for himself, his men and their families. Amongst these lands he found quarries of stone, precious and semi-precious mines of gold, silver, copper, and even coal. He found pastures for which to raise farms and cattle to feed his growing empire. Tired of living a nomadic existence while he searched he finally started to build.

Cyroan

Cyroan was a great tacition. He thought long and hard on where to build his fortress and home. Finally he chose the top of the Illian Plateau. From this advantage point no enemy could not sneek upon him without being seen. He built his fortress with defense in mind. He may or may have not first invented some of the tactics he used but he used them wisely and improved on them. Some of the tactics were first to build a fortress high overlooking his kingdom. He built towers, parapets, all made of granite. He tipped each tower with silver and gold so anyone in his kingdom could look up and see his fortress and have hope. He calle his Fortress "Tyr" He cleared the plateau of any bush or tree to give his men a clear killing field. He realized that archers were one of his best defenses and he trained them, as well as improved on the bows and arrows they used. He passed on his knowledge and dream to his successors. They continued to improve and refine his basic strategies and tactics.[/b]

Centoraurians, Caltharians and Erpheronians.

During these years, almost 1400, they grew, lived in peace with their neighbors the "Horsemen" (later on called the Centoraurians) the Caltharians and Erpheronians. Who had come along and settled near their borders. The Centoraurians were to their west and northwest, the Caltharian's settled up in the northern fores and the northern border. The Erpheronian's settled east and northeast of them. However as is inevitable peace is a fleeting thing. Border disputes arose, along with grazing rights, especially with the Centoraurian's.

c.a.9550

Gil'Landene,Ylin'Sengern and Cyro'Unane Thromgolin

These three brothers were direct descendants of the Cyroan Thromgolin. Gil was a master builder and concetrated on fortifications and tactics for defense of those fortifications. He developed a stonger bow for his archers called the "Crossbow" He also built windows inside the outside walls of the fortress where arrows could be shot out of but nearly impossible for arrows to go through from the outside. He improved upon an idea of the trench and surrounded his castle with it. In the beginning this trench was built wide enough so horses could not jump it. Then he built it deep enough to hold sharpened logs, then eventually he filled the trench with oil, to set on flame if needed be. He camaflouged the trench with broken pieces of trees and limbs latticed together. He developed or refined the only access to the castle a bridge he called the "Foot" which was at first lowered and raised by thick ropes then later on by chains.

Ylin refines infantry tactics in the open field against calvary, archers and other infantrymen. He designs shields that will protect his men from archers. Develops tactics against calvary charges such as using sharpened sticks between a phlange of men and shields. Using his brilliant mind he builds an axe of such cunning and strength it is still renowned even today. It has two blades one a large and strong enough to hew down logs or the legs of charging horses. The other side of the axe was shaped in a crescent moon shape with a razor sharp tip and inside. The tip was used to pierce the hardest armour and the razor inside was used to cut the tendons of horses as they passed by you. He called the axe, the "Sengren."

Cyro, the youngest, develops other infantry tactics such as concealment, hand to hand combat with sword, axe and spear. He conditions his men to run long distances without tiring. In fact their long distance running and speed are legendary. He uses the mountains as defense as well as offense. Learning how to disturb the earth enough to create traps. However even with the best design he could not controll all of them and unsuspecting people were killed accidentally by landslides and pitfalls. Gil, the oldest and King gave his two other brothers the rest of the land which they called Abarona, which we get the name Baron.

Two classes of People Nobility and Peasant

Nobility- Were those people who were born into a noble family or were given such noble titles by the king himself. The men wore fine clothes when not at war. The women also wore fine clothes. They lived in the castle proper. They people came in all sorts of sizes, shapes, and colors of eyes and hair, though it seems that those of Cyroan blood usually had Red hair and Emerald colored eyes. At war the men wore chainmail, and light armour. The Barons and those of other nobility, mostly land owners were required to hand over to the king those men whom he so desired to build his army during times of war. And they were required to pay taxes depending upon the size of their Baronage.

Kyranian Peasants.

The Kyranian men were mostly distinguished by their gnarled hands, weather beaten faces, smell of cattle or leather on them and that they could run for long distances without tiring. They rode no horses but herded their cattle and sheep by running along side of them. They were hard men and had little time for social activities. When they did it was usually at roundup time and it involved drinking and talking about their herds. Their clothes consisted of leather pants, soft leather shoes, and woolen shirts.

weapons

The only weapons they had were knives, staffs, a sling, and their ropes. They were an excellent shot with a sling and could usually kill a human if they were not wearing armour around their head.

Dowry

When a young man wanted to be married he usually had to present to the perspective bride and her family a dowry. This usually consisted of cattle or sheep. If the family accepted the dowry then the young man and woman were married. The married man was then not forced to go on cattle drives or war for a whole year. He was expected to know his wife and start a family during that year.

Homes

There homes were wooden one story structures. A village consisted of several of these homes in a circle with the cattle protected inside of the circle of homes.

Religion

They had none. They believed that they were the instruments of their own destinies. When you died. You went to sleep and didn't wake up. They would bury there dead outside of the camp in mounds.

The women wore long dresses and usually took care of the home, small garden and children. Their social lives revolved around sewing, baking, and needle work. One of the most desirable things that the women of this tribe made were works of beaded dresses and woven blankets made on a loom with bright colored designs and patterns.

c.a. 9500-9000, War of the Chosen

The splendour of the Kyranian kingdom, as well as all of the others in Southern Sarvonia are almost completely destroyed. Only a few survivors of this terrible war begin anew. The Kyranian history then begins over after centuries of darkness. Once again the Kyranians become an important cog in the history of Southern Sarvonia.

Kingdom of the Pillars

b.S. 963:
A call was spreading through the settlements of the Kyranians. A boy named Caldar Eywing reported that Arvins the God of Hunt prophesied him that the Kyranian Kingdom will be rebuild when only the fundaments of Tyr on the Illenian Plateau and the people of Kyrania erect an altar at this place.
Thousands of Kyranians followed the call to the ancient place of Tyr and twelve pillars were erected where once the fundaments of the main tower could be found. In its center they erected an altar and prayed for days to the God of Hunt.
In the twelfth night Caldar Eywing who was treated as the Renovator of the Kyranian Tribe, admired by his people saw a deer in a forest near the plateau. Seeing the deer as a sign of Arvins he hunted the animal and brought its body to the altar. When the blood of the deer hit the altar Arvin himself appeared predicting that the Kyranian nation will prosper when it follows the ways of Nature again.

Caldar Eywing:
Following the advice of Arvins Caldar started to build a palace on a hill adjacent to the plateau overseeing the Steppe of Kruswik.
He declared sacred woods marked by a pillar with the rune of Arvins blessing these woods. Within years all leaders of the Kyranian tribe swore loyality to Eywing who were all impressed by his religiousness and deep belief. Soon, also at crossings and at hamlets pillars were erected to worship Arvins.
Caldar Eywing rebuild the Kyranian kingdom and restored much of its glory. Seeing Arvin as their patron they developed a deep alignment to nature, following codes for hunting, farming and warfare to please the God and follow his rules.
In this years the Kyranians left their mountain strongholds again to repoulate the steppe of Kruswik with their herds and several important towns were founded.

Aprag Naios Deresvungen:
One of the most loyal followers of Eywing, after the death of Eywing Aprag had a vision himself. In his vision he saw a huge fortress overseeing the Windbay not far from the Anaios Gap.
With a huge group of people he wandered south to the windbay and found a hill looking very similar to the hill the palace of Eywing was built on.
Seeing it as sign he build the town there calling it "Naios, the Fortress of the Winds" because at night the winds coming from the sea were blowing over the hill making noises like whispering voices.
In its center he built an altar as well. But his warriors couldn't find a deer or any other sign dedicated to Arvins so they slaughtered a sheep. But the body not hunted according to the rules of Arvins brought no benediction for Deresvungen and proved to be a bad omen for centuries to come.

b.S. 963-823: The golden Age of Kyrania. The Kingdom propsered just as Arvin has predicted. The people followed the path of Arvins, but with the Deresvungen bloodline cursed their destiny would soon fullify.
But till then the kingdom was full of holy woods, growing hamlets, huge crop fields, cattle ranches and fortified towns
decorated with all kinds of precious stones. During this time noone dared to challenge this kingdom lieing well-protected between the Lower Fores and the Wind Bay.

Vingold Deresvungen:
An arrogant descendant of Aprag Naios but noone would notice until it was too late. His advises seemed to be well to Gorm the first king of the westcoast but his ambitions to make Kyrania the strongest tribe in this coalition ended in an all-out-war against the Elves.
By the end of the war Deresvungen has been betrayed by his own people and had died in one of the many skirmishes with the elves. The human alliance has been broken but also the pact with Arvins. The new king of Kyrania reformed the kingdom but the power it had in the golden age was never restored.

The last entry on vinigold has to be reworked I think. I'm still unsure about the third kingdom and how it was formed, but it hardly survives SWII and is crippled by the end of SWIII so the union with strong Tharanian kingdom was only a matter of
time.

I added more detail on the "Kingdom of the pillars"

Some additional questions Does anyone know the name of the two rivers in this region (one at the steppe of kruswik, the other ending falling into the Anaois Gap)?

I would suppose they are the landmarks bordering Kyrania to the north and south except the Ilenian plateau and the lower fores...

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 11/23/01 10:01:50 am
Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 November 2001, 14:25:00 »

Looks fantastic Koldar. All needs to be done is adding more of what we knew at what happened during swII & III like the split of one of the tribe naming themselves Helcrani, just as an example of all the history out there. Which you found. But I extremely liked the way you put it all together.:)  

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 November 2001, 03:45:00 »

Ok, Kyrania, Kyrania, Kyrania.

My idea was that there is a third Kyranian Kingdo, but that will be only a shadow of the two others before. Much gold and long forgotten glory but no adventerous ambitions anymore. In the end the third Sarvonian War will stress  it that much that with the death of their last king they will merge into the Tharanian kingdom.

Perhaps we should put the peoples' description to the top or far down. Currently it is in-between? :/ Or we describe the changes in every time?

What I still need is a name of this kingdom and important events.... Any ideas on your own Capher concerning the late Kyranian epoch? :)    

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 11/23/01 9:47:56 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]