Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Kyranian Tribe.  (Read 10755 times)
Capher
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 5

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 27 November 2001, 09:57:00 »

Koldar, the entry is great. As far as the people we should probably put them on top. Then the history. As far as naming the other kingdom and important events, I'll work on it. And you too. My thoughts are that eventually we will come up with something.  Thanksgiving Holiday has really messed up my time. But I'll get it back on track as soon as possible.

With deepest regards,Capher

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #31 on: 27 November 2001, 17:12:00 »

Could you two perhaps compile everything to a final entry and mail it to me? Please note, Capher, that I'd like to maintain a certain scheme at all tribe entries, if possible? Currently it's too different from other tribes' entries. Could you devide everything into  Coat of Arms, Clothing, Festivals, History etc.? We would need a general scheme for such tribe descriptions as well. Need your help here or I'll drown in new entries...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27 November 2001, 18:15:00 »

Okey Dokey Art will come up with generalized Tribal entry system. Will post what I've come up with along with what you want. Should be ready within two days.

Wisdom is given to those who exercise it.

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #33 on: 28 November 2001, 16:10:00 »

Ok, thanx Capher!

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28 November 2001, 17:10:00 »

Don't be that impatient, Art! This entry is not finished anyway! Are there no other entries you still have to upload? *grin* ;)  

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 29 November 2001, 12:24:00 »

We should follow the general entry system. Koldar. So I am going to work on rearranging our entry on the Kyranians. Probably put it up tomorrow sometime.

Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.Capher

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 29 November 2001, 17:37:00 »

Ok, don't hurry. I don't have any time available anyway.

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12 December 2001, 15:48:00 »

HTML Comments are not allowed

Edited by: Capher at: 12/12/01 10:21:27 pm

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 13 December 2001, 16:25:00 »

I don't believe this. all because of Ez board all my work is not allowed.!!!!! I am so peeved!!!!!! I refuse to write all this over again.  

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 13 December 2001, 18:15:00 »

Damn! I was already waiting for your latest additions/suggestions/final version! :(  

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13 December 2001, 21:53:00 »

Overview

Cyroan Thromgolin, an infantry lieutanant, under the command of Dietych during the fall of Fa'a'avclar and the subsequent seperation of the races called the "Great Sundering" along with some of his men and their familes settle amongst the lower fores, Steepe of Kruswik, Ilian Plateau and the Plains of Truoor.

People- Three classes of people Nobility, Merchant, Peasant.

Nobility

*Physical Apperance- The Nobles as well as the rest of the Kyranian tribe came in all sorts of shapes, sizes, hair and eye colors except those who came from the Thromgolin line, they had red hair and emerald green eyes. The Thromgolin line was considered the Royal line.

Psychologically- The Nobles considered themselves superior to the rest of the Kyranian people, especially the Noble women.

Clothing

Men- Wore pants, leather boots, a soft woolen surcoat bearing their coat of arms over a woolen tunic. During times of war the surcoat was worn over either chain mail or a suit of light armor. The only color not to be used was Royal Blue which was to used only by the Thromgolin line.

Women- Wore dresses made of the finest silk, satin, and wool. Especially prized by the Noble women were the beaded dresses made by the peasant Kyranian women. Again all colors were allowed except Royal Blue which was only to be worn by the women of the Thromgolin line.

Weapons

Men- Were trained and used the bow, boltbow, and the Sengren, an double bladed axe: one blade was large, thick and strong enough to hew down logs or the legs of armored horses. The other blade in the shape of a crescent moon had a razor sharp inside to cut the tendons of horses as they passed you by. The tip of the blade was hardened steel, hard enough to pierce the strongest armor. They also used the longsword, Pike, a spear like weapon with a steel hook at the end, and a long spear.

Women- Used knives and daggers.

Occupations

Men- Those who were land owners were called "Barons" They were to protect their people, lands, and train an army for the king if he needed them and to collect taxes.

Women- Noble women spent their time in parties, gossip, and trying to out do the others as well as bear children.

Housing

All Nobles lived in the Castles proper.

Food

They ate anything, usually the finest beef and sheep that the peasant men grew.

Government

Monarchy- Hierachy is as follows: King, Queen, Prince, Princess, Baron. Baroness, Duke, Duchess, Sir, Lady and General of the kings army.

Resources

Granite stone, Marble, Gold, Silver, Copper, Coal and Precious and semi-precious stones.

Merchant

A merchant was any man who was given a license to trade by the king.

trade

Any natural resource as stated above as well as beef, grain, and weapons.

Housing

The Merchant lived is wooden or stone or both two story structures near the castle or in a city.

Weapons

The merchant prefers the dagger or shortsword. Some even own a Sengren a very prized weapon.

Peasant

Men- Kyranian peasant men are mostly distinguished by their gnarled hands, weather beaten faces, smell of cattle or sheep and leather. They rode no horses and have become renowned for their ability to run long distances withour tiring. That is how they herded their cattle and sheep. They were hard men and had little time for social activities. When they did it was usually at round up time and it consisted of drinking, talking of their herds and someday having enough money to buy a license to trade and become a merchant.

Clothing

Men- They usually wore leather pants, soft leather shoes and a woolen shirt usually beaded with some sort of design by their wife or if they were single by their mother or some other woman. They also wore a heavy woolen overcoat during the harsh winters.

Women- Wore long dresses usually made by themselves on a loom. Beaded dresses were usually sold to the Noble women or to a merchant for money or goods.

Weapons

The only weapons they used were the knife, staff, sling and rope. They were excellent shots with a sling.

Housing

Usually consisted of a wooden one story thatched roofed structure.

Festival

Eywing festival to Arvin, God of the Hunt.

Coat of Arms

A man standing tall. His head and torso built of stone. His legs built of gold. His feet built of clay. Across his legs lay a stag with an arrow through its heart. Upon its feet lay a black sheep. Each section symbolizes the three kingdoms which sprang up and formed the Kyranian legacy and tribe.

c.a. 11650-9550-The Kingdom of Towers.

Cyroan Thromgolin was a great tacition. He thought long and hard on where to build his fortress and home. Finally he chose the top of the Ilian Plateau. From this vantage point no enemy could not sneak upon him without being seen. He built his fortress with defense in mind. He may or may have not first invented some of the tactics he used but he used them wisely and improved on them.

Some of the tactics were first to build a fortress high over looking his kingdom. He built towers, parapets, all made of granite. He tipped them with silver and gold so anyone in his kingdom could look up and see his fortress and have hope. He called his fortress "Tyr"

He cleared the plateau of any bush or tree to give his men a clear killing field. He realized that archers were one of his best defenses and he trained them, as well as improved on the bows and arrows they used. He passed on his knowledge and dream to his successors. They continued to improve and refine his basic stratagies and tactics.

During these years almost 1400, they grew, lived in peace with their neighbors the "Horsemen" (later on called the Centoraurians), the Caltharians, and Erpheronians, who had come along and settled near their borders. The Horsemen were to their west and northwest. The Caltharians settled up in the northern and northeastern fores. The Erpheronians settled east and northeast of them. However as is inevitable, peace is a fleeting thing. Border disputes, mineral rights and grazing rights arose. Grazing disputes were most common with the horsemen and mineral rights with the Erpheronian and Caltharian kingdoms.

c.a.9550-9500- Scions of Thromgolin

Gil'Landene Thromgolin- Gil was a master builder and concentrated on fortifications and tactics for defense of those fortifications. He developed a stronger bow for his archers he called it the "Bolt bow" as it did not shoot an arrow but a metal bolt. It did not have the distance that a regular bow and arrow had but the bolt could pierce heavy armor. He also built windows inside the outside walls of the fortress where arrows could be shot out of but nearly impossible for arrows to go through from the outside.

He improved upon an idea of the trench and surrounded his castle with it. In the beginning this trench was built wide enough so horses could not jump it. Then he built it deep enough to hold sharpened logs, then eventually he filled the trench with oil, to set on fire if needed be.  He camoflauged the trench with broken pieces of trees and limbs latticed together. He developed or refined the only access to the castle a wooden bridge he called the "Foot" which was at first was lowered and raised by thick ropes then later on by chains.

Ylin'Sengren Thromgolin- Ylin refines infantry tactics in the open field against calvary, archers and other infantrymen.  He designs rounded shields with centers thicker and stronger to protect his men from archers. Develops tactics against calvary charges such as using sharpened sticks between a phlange of men and shields. He develops and builds an axe he calls the "Sengren"

Cyro"Unane Thromgolin- Cyro, the youngest of the three brothers, develops other infantry tactics such as concealment, hand to hand combat, sword play, using the Sengren, pike and spear. He conditions his men to run long distances without tiring. In fact the Kyranian men's long distance running and speed became legendary. He uses the mountains as defense as well as offense. Learning how to disturb the earth enough to create traps. Unfortunately even with the best of designs he could not control all of the traps and unsuspecting people were killed accidentally by landslides and pitfalls. Gil, the oldest and King, gives his two brothers the rest of the land which they call "Abarona" which we get the name 'Baron"

c.a.9500-9023- The War of the Chosen

The splendour of the Kyranian kingdom, as well as all of the others in Southern Sarvonia are almost completely destroyed. Only a few survivors of this terrible war begin anew. The Kyranian history then begins over after centuries of darkness and Xeua healing. Once again the Kyranians become an important cog in the history of Southern Sarvonia.

b.s.963-823 The Kingdom of the Pillars

A prophecy given by Arvins, the God of the Hunt, to a boy named Caldar Eywing spread throughout the Kyranian villages. The prophecy stated that the Kyranian kingdom would once again rise if only they would erect an altar at the ruins of the ancient castle "Tyr."  Thousands of Kyranians answered followed Caldar to the ancient ruins of Tyr on top of the Ilian Plateau. There they erected twelve pillars and in thier center they built an altar and prayed for days to Arvins.

On the twelfth night, Caldar, who was being treated as a savior of the Kyranian kingdom, saw a white stag in a forest near the plateau seeing this as a sign from Arvins he hunted and shot the stag through its heart. Upon bringing the body of the stag back to the altar some of its blood touched the altar. As soon as the blood touched the altar Arvins himself appeared and prophesied that the Kyranian nation would once again prosper when it followed the ways of nature.

Caldar, heeding the prophecy builds a palace on a hill adjacent to the woods where he shot the stag overseeing the Steepe of Kruswik. He declares the woods sacred and erects an pillar with the runes of Arvins blessing those woods. His followers seeing the faith and belief of Caldar build these same pillars and erected them at all of the crossings of roads and in the center of their hamlets worshipping Arvins. Soon the kingdom was rebuilt with Caldor named as king. They aligned themselves with nature and with Arvins following the codes of hunting, farming and warfare. During these years the Kyranians left their mountain strongholds and repopulated the Steepe of Kruswik with their herds of cattle and sheep and built several important towns.

As was prophesied by Arvins the Kyranian kingdom prospered with the kingdom full of holy woods, growing hamlets towns, unusually large yields of crops and animals. Even after the curse of the Deresvungen blood line.

b.s.933-806 The Kingdom of Betrayal

One of the most ambitious followers of Caldar named Aprag Naios Deresvungen also sees a vision. In his vision he sees a huge fortress overseeing the Windbay. He and his followers head south. Finding a hill, just like the one that Caldar had built his castle on, near Windbay he sees that as a sign and he builds a fortified town he names "Naios," The Fortress of the Whispering Voices. So named because at night when the wind blew from the bay over the hill it sounded like whispering voices.

In the center of the fortress he erects an altar, but in his arrogance he sacrifices a sheep instead of a hunted stag. As soon as the blood of the sheep was spilt on the altar Arvins voice rang out. "Sacrilege, you have not followed my rules and have descecrated my altar, therefore your blood line shall be cursed and the Kyranian kingdom be cursed also. However for the sake of Caldor and those who follow him I shall prosper the kingdom for his life time 127 years."

b.s.823

Another arrogant descendant of Aprag named Vingold Deresvungen is crowned king of Kyrania.

b.s.819

Gorm is crowned King of the whole Westcoast. Ill advised by the king of Kyrania, Vingold Deresvungen, he fortifies El'Dorash, gathers a huge army and attacks the elves.

b.s.811

After the assination of Gorm by an Elven assasin. Vingold Deresvungen is crowned king of the Westcoast. Rumor has it that Vingold was the one who helped the assasin kill Gorm for he wanted to be King. Gorm though ruthless in his ascension to power was a innocent pawn in Vingold's rise to power.

b.s.806

Vingold under the pretext of revenge for the death of Gorm attacks the elves capitol of the Zeiphyrian Forest, Elving. During this war Vingold was killed and the Kyranian kingdom fell. Arvins prophecy was finally fullfilled.

b.s.800- Kyranians take on the name of Helcrani.

Kyranian villagers bitter at their defeat by the elves kill the Elven Prince Tacunija on the foothills of the Heckra volcano, while traveling from Goltherion to Vontron. As he dies he curses his killers and their people always to fight among each other and to rewarded to their crime by fire. This was the "Curse of Fire", sealed by three explosions erupting from the Heckra. This symbolized that the Curse would be fulfilled three times.

The murder of the Elven prince triggered a series of retaliatory elven attacks against the Kyranians, Their villages, towns, hamlets were all burned. They turned to the Caltharians for help. They gave them some land on the eastern fores where they built five villages: Sostra, Heleroth, Ahaiwana, Menegula and Codomma. They named their lands "Helcrah" which means "Firedamn" They also took the name of "Helcrani" which means "The Firedamned"

I think that the Helcrani should now become its own tribe. And since their history is already written it is not necessary to elaborate on it anymore.  What do you think?

Edited by: Capher at: 12/13/01 5:48:37 pm

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #41 on: 15 December 2001, 13:32:00 »

Ok, I'll try to integrate your work this update, Capher...

Santharian Webmaster & Forum Admin

Capher
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 16 December 2001, 09:42:00 »

Don't forget that Koldar helped. Ok Art?

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #43 on: 16 December 2001, 10:52:00 »

As far as I see the History part is elaborarted quite well, but some of the sections are quite confusing (e.g. the overview is in fact the first part of the history etc.) So I don't know if I can integrate it all so easily - well, we'll see...

Santharian Webmaster & Forum Admin

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]