Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: THe High Elven Circle  (Read 2553 times)
Wren
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 9

View Profile
« on: 21 December 2001, 08:19:00 »

Not sure whether this should go here but hey.....
Comments Please.

The High Elven Cicle is a meeting of the tribal leaders from each of the wood elven tribe.Traditionally The Circle meets once every fifty years (a cycle) in the Taelon to discuss matters of interest, but generally only meets to make desicions in times of great mutual need. All tribes are invited, thought they may decline to attend if they deem it nessesary. Dark and shadow elven tribes tend not to be invited, however, the notable exceptions are meetings during the first and second Sarvonian wars.

While the Elves have no leaders among them, it became clear in the early history of the circle that it was nessesary for one member of the Circle to hold the meeting to order, and act as the Circle's chairman, and often responsible for the sucessful implementation of the Circle's Final decision. This 'chairman' is a leader of one tribe chosen by the other leaders of the Circle and all tribes must be in total agreement. If no agreement can be reached it is traditional to call upon the High Ava'rann (the first of the Styreians) to show the circle her wisdom on the matter. The Leader of The Circle may hail from any tribe, but it is not recommended that the same tribe hold the Chairmanship for more than 6 cycles at a time.

The leader of the circle only holds the post for two cycles, when the decision will be taken again.The leader of the circle is sometimes referred to the High Ava'rann or High 'Ronn, out of simple respect of their greater responsibility for the Elven people. In in more Modern times however, these titles tend only to be given in war - Many other Races confuse the High Ava'rann, leader of the High Elven Circle, with She who was first to set foot on Sorren - and out of respect most chairladies of the High Elven Circle now tend to take the Ylfferhim title Leias (meaning lit. Holding Burden from Old Ylffer.)The exception to this rule of course being the Ylfferhim themselves, who still refer to female leaders as the High Ava'rann out of respect to their own leaders.

Have I missed anything?

Uragel

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 21 December 2001, 08:45:00 »

I think that it's a great idea.

Not sure if it would be of any significance.. However would the tribe's be required to bring anything such as "gifts" for the High Ava'rann or High 'Ronn?

Is there any penalty for not showing up to one of the gatherings?

Would a messenger be sent around from the High Ava'rann or High 'Ronn requesting that each Ava'rann or 'Ronn attend - like an official invitation of sorts?

What happens to those who turn up who are not meant to be there – or not required such as the dark elves.

With the 'history' would secret alliances between tribes have been formed at all? Would this effect the meetings??

Since there it’s a large gathering of ‘political’ leaders it would also be a prime target and time for enemy attacks both on the gathering and with the tribes – where dealing with the attacks on each of the individual tribes is the responsibility of each tribe – who would protect the High Ava'rann / High 'Ronn and the Ava'rann / 'Ronn ‘s that attend? The Tethinrhim Ava'rann / 'Ronn would be fine as they are ‘natural’ warriors however from my impression the Ylfferhim Leias are of a peaceful nature, would they ‘survive’ a surprise attack?

Again, not sure if any of that is of any significance or not, but I’d like to know either way. I do like the idea. Brings a ‘big family’ feel to the elves of the world.

Uragel!
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.
And then do what the women did.Character Description
Herbarium Mistress, Santharian World Development Moderator - Art's Little Helper

Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 December 2001, 21:05:00 »

I'd bet that any of the Elven Magi (curious where our fields overlap, innit?) will have this council under the strongest possible shielding, perhaps even to enhance the effect by using a Temporal Shift spell to bring the Council environs to one of the Higher Planes of the Void. (Imagine an area of forest being temporarily moved to some of the higher levels of Ava's Dream.) Kinda hard to attack a sphere of white mist, as the replacement for the moved area would look like.

Xarl Bluestride, Archmage of the White Arcana, Master of the Magic Forum, and generally cool guy. All requests are to be written on the back of a ten-dollar bill (or equivelant thereof) placed on a dead ferret, and tossed in the sewer system.
Xarl Bluestride
Owner of the longest sig in Santharia

Wren
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 December 2001, 15:21:00 »

Xarl I just love your sig.....
Not being to hot on magic I have absolutly no idea that's a matter for Arti methinks. Make sence though if all the tribe leaders are in one place they become vunerable, and that the elves would take all possible steps to make the meetings invunerable....Might also make for interesting High Ava'rann visiting. I'd love to talk about this further, sounds promising.....

Uragel....Questions questions.....OK

Is tribute required for the High Ava'rann or High 'Ronn?
No, not at all. However, as the leader of the elven circle is chosen by the tribes it is expected that unequivical co-operation is shown.....In my other recent thing I said that Saban demands tribute from the tribes when he marrys Arxtrixs the current leader of the Elven Circle. Basically, as Arxtrixs time as leader is not up, he (through her), is entitled to expect that all the tribes will comply to any orders they issue. However, Saban is only a half elf, and elves by nature are communtiy spirited. Any requests made by the High 'Rann or Ronn will therefore by elven nature be for the good of the race, generally.

Is there any penalty for not showing up to one of the gatherings?
Nope, attendance is purely voluentary. The Ylfferhim refused to attend for about 500 years, the only opinion is that the absent tribe have no say in the decisions of the elven race.

Would a messenger be sent around from the High Ava'rann or High 'Ronn requesting that each Ava'rann or 'Ronn attend - like an official invitation of sorts?
Errr....dunno, hadn't though about itwhat do you reckon, I can stick a voty thing about it if you like.

What happens to those who turn up who are not meant to be there – or not required such as the dark elves.

Well if the circle are removed from this plain by elven magicians, then they simply would be left behind. Otherwise, I guess it would be up to the tribe from which the Leader came to arrange security. I would guess that your tribe would be heavily involve in that Uragel. When my computer works again I can catch you online and we can discuss it.

With the 'history' would secret alliances between tribes have been formed at all? Would this effect the meetings??
Err, certainly tribes have very different outlooks, for example the Ylfferhim try to be as uninvolved in events as possible, and so would sometimes be in conflict to the Quealhoirhim, who love to get mixed up in everything.....and some tribes are more closely related than other, so yes some tribes will share more common ground than others, but I don't think elves act like humans in that they don't deal, or try and ensure their agendas are fulfiled. The Elf entry on the site says that Elves are innatly community spirited, hence, the Circle would simply be looking for the best desicion for the Elven people. I'm not saying they don't argue, they are simply not as dogmatic as people, and can hold far more objective debtes. If a tribe truely did not agree with the action decided upon by the circle they have the right to veto, and would be free to not take part in the action involved.
So, yes some tribes are friendlier than others and share more common views, but I don't think they're have been 'secret' alliances. However, this will be something that becomes clearer as you and I flesh out the history of the circle, which tribe have held the leadership and so on.....

Since there it’s a large gathering of ‘political’ leaders it would also be a prime target and time for enemy attacks both on the gathering and with the tribes – where dealing with the attacks on each of the individual tribes is the responsibility of each tribe – who would protect the High Ava'rann / High 'Ronn and the Ava'rann / 'Ronn ‘s that attend? The Tethinrhim Ava'rann / 'Ronn would be fine as they are ‘natural’ warriors however from my impression the Ylfferhim Leias are of a peaceful nature, would they ‘survive’ a surprise attack?

Xarl's idea is good, remeber all elves are individuals, and ability and inclination to fight is a very individual thing, but security would have to be provided I guess and that would be down to the rann or ronn. I guess your tribe warriors might have a role to play, maybe they are give particular reasorces in return for their services.

Thanks for making me think, and don't warry about relevance, all these little detail help to make it more realistic. Arti loves details. Thanks to you I can go make the entry more detailed :)  

Edited by: Wren at: 12/21/01 9:23:10 pm
Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 December 2001, 16:16:00 »

Glad to be of service, oh Elfy One. Hmm, my sig outweighs my message here. Odd.

Xarl Bluestride, Archmage of the White Arcana, Master of the Magic Forum, and generally cool guy. All requests are to be written on the back of a ten-dollar bill (or equivelant thereof) placed on a dead ferret, and tossed in the sewer system.
Xarl Bluestride
Owner of the longest sig in Santharia

Uragel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 December 2001, 21:41:00 »

Thanks Wren - very handy :)

Personally I think that the High leader would more than likely send out an invitational reminder - it's 50 years and some of the tribes would be being lead by some 'golden oldies'... who would 'appreciate' a reminder... posed in the form of an invitation..

There would also be something like a RSVP to the messanger so that the High 'leader' could then organise things for the 'power circle' and other more mundane things like catering, bedding, entertainment etc..

any clues as to how long it would go for?

I don't think that elves like humans would be 'me me me' however I do think that they would each strive to be the best 'tribe' or 'leader' of there tribe etc.. so there would have had to have been a 'heated arguement' or two within the history.??

Uragel!
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.
And then do what the women did.Character Description
Herbarium Mistress, Santharian World Development Moderator - Art's Little Helper

Wren
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 December 2001, 17:38:00 »

More than likely.....

I think I'll have to edit my post get all this additional info in it.  

Wren
questions, questions.....

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]