Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Who are the current evil leaders and where are they?  (Read 3568 times)
Denomier

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 24 December 2001, 17:46:00 »

1. Who are they as i'm getting very confused between the past and those currently around.

2. Is there a high evil? Coz their really should be.

3. Why can't there be a map showing where all the evil is. Easly done, just someone with the knowledge needs to colour code a map of the main lands ie. Geen for good, Yellow for neutral (are there any?) and red for evil.

Thanks,
Denomier.

Uragel

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 24 December 2001, 20:43:00 »

Evil leaders as in Gods or common people?

There is a 'world' map on The Santharian Dream web site. We are currently working on having a couple of different maps which display various things.

I don't think that 'evil' is kept to one specific place though - at least in my OHO.. It's scattered about the place, just like 'good' is.....

Uragel!
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.
And then do what the women did.Character Description
Moderating Mistress - All Round "Little Helper"

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 December 2001, 20:56:00 »

Err... Read below.

Tarquet Galbar, BeastMaster Of Santharia, He Who Rules The Animals.

Edited by: Tarquet Galbar at: 12/24/01 2:59:18 am
Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 December 2001, 20:58:00 »

I think he means the world leaders. In that, well, I think evil is really in the eye of the beholder, right? A king decides to have all the homeless people executed. Sure, kills bunch of people, but crime rates drop majorly. Although maybe that's my strange thinking.

Tarquet Galbar, BeastMaster Of Santharia, He Who Rules The Animals.

Uragel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 December 2001, 21:00:00 »

Good point - twice over ;)

I get what your saying... So it's a case of read on the main site and find out?

Uragel!
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.
And then do what the women did.Character Description
Moderating Mistress - All Round "Little Helper"

Mandolin Redd

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 December 2001, 21:58:00 »

about the map: its not so easily done- contrary to your belief. and to reiderate what another has said- the forces of "evil" "good" etc are pepper sprinkled throughout the land. we try to make it as close to reality as we can given circumstances. :)  

Theodorus Holzman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 December 2001, 04:31:00 »

I believe that our greatest concentration of "evil" is currently sitting somewhere deep beneath the surface, somewhere in the Hecra, searching for his immortality. Correct me if I'm wrong.

"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune-they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures."

Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 December 2001, 09:54:00 »

As well, labels like "evil" and "good" are very relative, though there's some really evil thing in the world: it's the counterpart of the one who dreams the Santharian Dream, the shadow himself. Coór he's called. But for more information I refer to our mastersage Artimidor, who's very well at home at topics like this.

Theo is as well very right, but there isn't much information available on the subject he's talking about, so that won't giv eyou much help. :(  

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 December 2001, 06:05:00 »

There're also some Dark Elven tribes who are really evil in the Santharian North...

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 December 2001, 02:54:00 »

I guess Coór is about as evil as a villainous God as they come, isn't he? If anyone is too lazy to go find out about him, here's his entire compendium entry as described on the site. Go read it and make up your own minds :b

(Elvish: "Night", "Darkness") Coór represents the elven God of Chaos, of Darkness, Night and Nothing, the Shadow Himself. He is considered male, destructive and unforgiving by nature as He constitutes the counterpart to the High Goddess Avá, the One, the Eternal, the Compassionate, She Who Dreameth Forth All Things, Avá the Beautiful. Coór is the embodiment of hatred, rage and wrath, Master of the so-called "Coór'enín", the High Spirits who had been neglected by Avá as she instructed the High Spirits to organize chaos. These Spirits are also called "the Dark Gods".

Cóor is not only a name to express the unspeakable horror which cannot be explained by the good and just essence of Avá Herself. According to elven mythology contained in the myth of world creation, the Cárpa'dosía, Coór indeed must be interpreted as Avá's mirrored image, Her representation in reality while Avá Herself remains in Her heavenly spiritual realm never to descend on Aér'aí'chán. Every thing, every creature, every idea is influenced and affected by the Great Darkness and cannot escape these bounds in the existing world. It may be a sad thing for human interpreters of elven mythology that the world itself and matter as a whole is seen as bad and evil by nature in this concept. However, elves, whose intentions concentrate on living the virtues of Avá only see the positive aspects of this unreconcileable dichotomy: It is their lives' essence to overcome the malices of Coór and to return their soul to the purity of Avá's beauty, to bathe in it in heavenly bliss, to be re-born finally and to overcome once again the enticements of the Shadow, finding a new path once more..

Coór is the counterpart of Avá's spirit, and although He is a spirit too, a spirit of darkness, He is more than that to the eyes of the living creatures. The spirit of Coór errupts periodically from the depths of doom to strike Aér'aí'chán with unbelieveable force in order to turn the Dream of the High Goddess once and for all to evil, thus to extinguish Himself and the Goddess and Her Dream. Many prophecies speak of the times when Coór will descend on the earth, in the so-called MELÓR'TERQUÁN, the Night of the Turning Shadow. The THIRD SARVONIAN WAR indeed was a war of all races against the evil itself which sprang from the immortal representation of Coór, the dark Warlord of the north, also called COÓR'MELÓR ("Shadow of Coór"), who finally was imprisoned in His eternal grave in the midst of the ADANIAN SEA

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]